Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.2, 2014-04-04)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 12:28   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.6, 2013-05-06)
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerps View Post
when huntsmanhell_enabled is set to 1 and then i'll change it to 0, there is no explosion, jump, class forcing etc but sometimes health is still increased on all classes.
reset m_iMaxHealth && m_iHealth somehow?
Is this only happening to players who are dead when it changes?

It's supposed to remove all attributes on living players prior to respawning them... but I was under the impression that the game removes all attributes from a player when they die.

Oh well, I'll probably just change it to remove attributes from all players dead or alive and hope that doesn't cause the game to throw errors.
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 14:17   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.6, 2013-05-06)
Reply With Quote #102

Some attributes aren't removed (and some are) by the CheckSetBonuses function (or whatever it was called), so it depends on which one you're using. If you use the set bonus health attribute, it should reset on spawn or regen, but eh.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 14:46   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.6, 2013-05-06)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Some attributes aren't removed (and some are) by the CheckSetBonuses function (or whatever it was called), so it depends on which one you're using. If you use the set bonus health attribute, it should reset on spawn or regen, but eh.
I was actually referring to the removal in the Cvar_Enabled callback. The Set Bonuses thing is deprecated and has already been removed from the next version.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-29-2013 at 14:47.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 17:32   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.6, 2013-05-06)
Reply With Quote #104

Anyway, if you wanted to be brave, you could try 1.7.0. Be aware that it requires optin_multimod.inc to compile... which is part of another plugin I'm working on that's not done yet.

The changes between 1.6 and 1.7 are:
  • huntsmanhell_explodefire now defaults to 0.
  • Medic Mode is now present in the code. This brings with it a few new cvars:
    • huntsmanhell_medicchance - Default 10 [min: 0, max: 100] - Chance of the current round being a Medic round. Medics are restricted to the Crusader's Crossbow and any melee weapon.
    • huntsmanhell_medicarrowmultiplier - Default 1.32 - How many times the normal number of arrows should we have? Normal arrow count is 37.5 (banker rounded up to 38)... 1.32 gives you 50 arrows or so.
    • It doesn't exist yet, but a multiplier to set the Medic's health separately may be added in a later version.
  • Removed Set Bonus related code... Valve removed set bonuses from the game.
  • The mode now attempts to remove all attributes from players when the enable cvar changes. This is to fix a bug where some players health wasn't being reset if they were dead at the time.
  • Initial support for Opt-In MultiMod... but that plugin is still in design (and this plugin was intended to be the plugin I used to test it). Ignore it for now.

Since item sets were removed, nothing sets attributes directly on players outside of MvM, so the method this uses should be relatively safe... until another plugin starts messing with player attributes.

It also has the advantage of stacking with item attributes... so a Medic with the Vita-Saw will still have 10 health less than a Medic with any other melee, even if the Vita-Saw is dumb to use in this mode.
Attached Files
File Type: inc optin_multimod.inc (2.3 KB, 170 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (huntsman-hell.sp - 147 views - 29.2 KB)
File Type: txt huntsmanhell.phrases.txt (1.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: smx huntsman-hell.smx (18.1 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-29-2013 at 17:42.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2013 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.6, 2013-05-06)
Reply With Quote #105

OK, so 1.7.0 had some bugs (and a cvar I hadn't added). Here's 1.7.1. The changelog is:
  • The Super-Jump Timer is now manually tracked. This is to prevent an issue where enabling the plugin between maps would cause it to start twice and Super Jumps would refresh twice as fast.
  • New cvar: huntsmanhell_medichealth. Defaults to 300.
  • The plugin now decides at map start and round end whether the next round is a Medic round.
  • Players are now regenerated after being respawned. This fixes a bug where players will spawn with the wrong amount of ammo.
  • Updated the Crusader's Crossbow stats to the current weapon's stats... aka removed the faster reload.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (huntsman-hell.sp - 153 views - 30.3 KB)
File Type: smx huntsman-hell.smx (18.5 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-01-2013 at 18:42.
Spyper
Old 12-17-2013 , 13:24   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.1, 2013-09-01)
Reply With Quote #106

Hp decreases every second
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2013 , 13:33   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.1, 2013-09-01)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyper View Post
Hp decreases every second
Hmm, for whatever reason, the health in that screenshot is showing up as overheal instead of as the client's base health. I'm not sure if Valve broke something lately with health attributes or not. I'll have to check.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-17-2013 at 13:34.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2014 , 19:26   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.1, 2013-09-01)
Reply With Quote #108

It's been a while, but I noticed when working on some multimod stuff that env_explosion registers as damage on a player on the same team even when it doesn't actually damage them... but it also makes them appear as if they're on fire, even though they don't take damage from it.

So... here's 1.7.2.

Oh, and OptIn Multimod is no longer compiled in by default, unless you uncomment the #define OIMM line.

While you're here, I made a change to the Fire Huntsman in the air extension... check it out as its a great extension to have loaded for Huntsman Hell, even if you don't want it on for normal maps.

There may be some translation updates in this version as well, but they were intended for OIMM support and isn't compiled into the base plugin. The translation file goes in addons/sourcemod/translations/. Some new phrases may show up soon as I have yet to fix the description of the Medic rounds.

The Get Plugin link doesn't work because this extension has external dependencies on TF2Attributes and SteamTools
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (huntsman-hell.sp - 156 views - 30.9 KB)
File Type: smx huntsman-hell.smx (18.3 KB, 139 views)
File Type: txt huntsmanhell.phrases.txt (1.4 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-07-2014 at 19:29.
Rob2021
Old 03-31-2014 , 18:50   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.1, 2013-09-01)
Reply With Quote #109

I love this plugin, but there's a glitch when you switch from shooting a fire arrow to melee.

If you shoot a fire arrow and switch to melee too fast while the arrow is still on fire a huge error list of these pop up in the console:

Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'muzzle' to attach particle system 'v_flaming_arrow' to.

The most annoying part about it though is the sound. It makes a huge buzzing sound until you switch back to your bow. This is a huge problem if you run out of arrows because it will make the ear raping error sound until you get ammo for your bow

Can you please fix this?

Last edited by Rob2021; 03-31-2014 at 18:54.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2014 , 18:59   Re: [TF2] Huntsman Hell (v1.7.1, 2013-09-01)
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2021 View Post
I love this plugin, but there's a glitch when you switch from shooting a fire arrow to holding the jarate.

If you shoot a fire arrow and switch to jarate too fast while the arrow is still on fire a huge error list of these pop up in the console:

Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'muzzle' to attach particle system 'v_flaming_arrow' to.

The most annoying part about it though is the sound. It makes a huge buzzing sound until you switch back to your bow. This is a huge problem if you run out of arrows because it will make the ear raping error sound until you get ammo for your bow

Can you please fix this?
This is sadly an actual bug in the game itself and can be duplicated on any map that has a way to light arrows. It's just much more prevalent in this game mode because it auto-lights arrows.

Sadly, I'm not aware of a way to stop it.

You can see the bug in Valve's Bug Tracker.