Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?

Post New Thread Reply   

Jérémie
Old 02-27-2008 , 01:37   Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I had some issue with the reserved slots (wrong people being dropped, that kind of things), which I couldn't figure out. Is there a way of logging the plugin behavior?

Like, who is accepted, dropped, or kicked, and why?
DaRk NiGhT
Old 02-27-2008 , 06:23   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #2

I don't know about logging but i can tell you about how it picks who to kick.
(Keep in mind it depends a lot on how you configure the plugin...)

When the plugin senses it needs to kick someone, because the server is full or someone without reserved slot access has joined, it calls SelectKickClient. This function basically finds the player with the highest ping and kicks them.

So, what exactly is going wrong with your plugin? Who is it kicking that it shouldn't? Maybe you should also post your sourcemod.cfg so we can see how you are setting the settings.

Jérémie
Old 02-27-2008 , 08:38   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #3

I had more issues with people being dropped although they had the appropriate flag (or should have), and people without the flag playing on the server. Since the logs are so light, and I didn't get everything reported as it should (only a few clear cases), that's why I was asking for a more precise log, so I could debug this (if it's my configuration error, the plugin, or whatever).

Core sm config:
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserved_slots 1
sm_hide_slots 0

admin_overrides:
"sm_reskick_immunity" "o"

admin_groups:
"MyPeople"
{
"flags" "o"
}

admins_simple:
"STEAM_0:1:whatever" "@MyPeople"

Nothing fancy overall. The only pushy thing I got, was having the same steam_id affected to (for example) @MyPeople in admins_simple.ini and to @Root in admins.cfg, but I've tested that the latter take precedence (besides, none of the issues affected people being flagged in admins.cfg).
CRJackyd
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-27-2008 , 11:46   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #4

Have you tried without the admin overide?

I have no admin overides and my res slots work fine
I have it set to hide the res slots and wait for player to leave. Works fine with the kick player set aswell.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-27-2008 , 12:47   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #5

It doesn't log that sort of stuff by default though it would not be hard to alter it to do that. What exactly do you want logged?
Old 02-28-2008 , 03:51   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #6

Well, each time the plugin does something.

Some examples:

[Timestamp] [reservedslots] PlayerName (STEAM_0:1xxxxx, flags: none) dropped, 24 players on server, 1 reserved slot
[Timestamp] [reservedslots] PlayerName2 (STEAM_0:1xxxxx, flags: abop, sm_reskick_immunity is on "o") entered, 24 players on server, 1 reserved slot
[Timestamp] [reservedslots] PlayerName4 (STEAM_0:1xxxxx, flags: op, sm_reskick_immunity is on "o") wasn't kicked, 24 players on server, 1 reserved slot
[Timestamp] [reservedslots] PlayerName3 (STEAM_0:1xxxxx, flags: p) kicked, 24 players on server, 1 reserved slot

Or something along those lines. Basically, a trace of what the plugin doing, when, to who, and why. Like on the last two lines above, if the timestamp is almost the same, I know Player2 is supposed to be flagged in a way, I know ReservedSlot think the o flag allows him to not be dropped, and that player4 was kicked because of player 2.

There are numerous possibilities of why my test (and other's people) didn't work: I didn't understood the manual, I made an error or a typo in my config files, I made an error in my admins config files, the server drank too much, or the plugin has a bug.

By tracing it, I can compare to my config files step by step, and see where's the issue.
Jérémie
Old 02-28-2008 , 03:54   Re: Extend and customize logging for reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJackyd View Post
Have you tried without the admin overide?

I have no admin overides and my res slots work fine
I have it set to hide the res slots and wait for player to leave. Works fine with the kick player set aswell.
That's can't work with what I'm trying to achieve. Public reserved slot (so I can eventually have 24 full players, if everyone has the right flag), and immediate access to the server to anyone flagged (unless the server is full with flagged).