Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 17:26  
Reply With Quote #301

Quote:
BAT 1.2.0 Beta 8
- Added: AdminInterface v1 ( This is a shared admin interface, that allows plugins to interact with plugins like BAT / Mani (Not yet implimented in Mani btw)
- Added: Admin commands now explains what the diffrent commands does in admin_help
- Added: Cvar: bat_interface To enable or disable the AdminInterface
- Fixed: BAT read votemaps.ini instead of adminmaps.ini and the other way around ( In effect swaping the content ) - Reported by BlackHole
- Fixed: adminmaps would show in say maplist
- Fixed: admin_adminsay,admin_say not working in server console ( Forgot to add them )
- Fixed: admin_list would show admin count to none admin players
- Fixed: Admins would get wrong "admin name" when reading users.ini
- Fixed: Trying to change bat_menutype cvar automaticly on mods that dont support radio menus would not work
Update released.
1.2.0 Series are now in Feature lock, so if you have a chance please install it on your server and test it.
Matz
Old 04-24-2006 , 03:38  
Reply With Quote #302

If I choose mapvote in the menu, chooses the 3 first maps and then push 7 to start the vote the server crashes. I have no maps in adminmaps.ini nor in votemaps.ini and a standard mapcycle.txt

I have tested this on Beta 6 and Beta 8, both chrashes with a memory violation error.
Matz
Old 04-24-2006 , 07:29   VC++ project
Reply With Quote #303

EKS:
What Visual Studio version do you use to develop BAT?
I used the files with VC++ Express, and mostly it works like intended I think, but I tought to test to use version 7 instead casue whats recomended, but when installing Visual Studio .NET with VC++ v.7 I can't open the projectfiles. Any tip on how to make them compatible with version 7?
[FON]BlackHole
Old 04-24-2006 , 10:12  
Reply With Quote #304

I've replicated this problem on my linux server with both empty ini and filled ini files. When I start a map vote as admin the server does crash.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2006 , 12:23  
Reply With Quote #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FON
BlackHole]I've replicated this problem on my linux server with both empty ini and filled ini files. When I start a map vote as admin the server does crash.
Cool il test & fix later today

@Matz
HL2 Sdk dont work with express edition. And i use VS 2k5, but earlier versions was on VS 2k3.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2006 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #306

Quote:
BAT 1.2.0 RC 1
- Added: Timer to SQL connection, thread gets killed after 10 seconds.
- Fixed: Crash with custom multi map vote
Update fixing the crap bug, also a "hack" fixing the mysql sometimes not working. Dont know if the problem is on my end ( Most likely) or whatever.
But it seems for some reason the SQL thread dont finnish
schmerz187
Old 04-26-2006 , 13:45  
Reply With Quote #307

sry, if it was asked twice, but here are 20 sites to read

At first, great Plugin, i use it on my war server!

Some requests for your Plugin:

1. If i just allow a member to ban and change maps, he can see the other things in the menu too, can u do it that the disallowed features are not shown in the menu?

2. Can u do it so, that i can disallow kick, slap and slay lonely? not together?

3. What about a sub-menu to start some war-configs from it?

4. And a configurizable sub-menu for rcon commands like "restartgame 1" and so on?

Keep up the great work... greetz
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2006 , 17:51  
Reply With Quote #308

Regards to 1: unlikely il do that anytime soon. A very cosmetic things. Also fixing it is a headake, as that would mean each player on the server has his own custom menu, adding cpu load + chance for bugs/Exploits.
Regards to 2: Why? Their very much the same, and i will never seperate slap and slay.
Regards to 3: no, its a basic admin tool, not a clanmatch tool. But hopefully the clanmatch thing made by Roger Devil will inlcude support for reading admin info from the AdminInterface. So you dont have to setup admins 2 times.
Regards to 4. Its posible il add a menu to that allows for custom content from a text file.
schmerz187
Old 04-26-2006 , 18:04  
Reply With Quote #309

k thanx... to number 2:
I wants to give my members rights to kick some players, but not to slap/slay, cause i know that if they can slap/slay, they would do that in wars, if they are loosing...

thanx 4 reply... keep up that work...

greetz
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2006 , 18:18  
Reply With Quote #310

Then don't give those people admin, if they're not responsible enough to handle dying then they aren't responsible enough to have admin.

Sorry don't mean to shove my opinions on you, but it is a pretty valid basis to follow.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers