Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

domain name help

Post New Thread Reply   

RaD-PimP
Old 12-30-2007 , 08:08   domain name help
Reply With Quote #1

I don't know where on the internet to post this so I'll post it here. My domain name: typekill.net has expired and I can't renew it. The company: zeroregistry.com died and their website does not work anymore.

There is no way for me to contact them since their e-mail doesn't work eaither. How can I renew my domain name?
Pro Patria Finland
Old 12-30-2007 , 10:06   Re: domain name help
Reply With Quote #2

"If this domain name is not renewed by 07-Feb-2008, it will be permanently deleted."

I guess you can rebuy it after that.

Source:
http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=typekill&tld=net
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2007 , 11:29   Re: domain name help
Reply With Quote #3

You should contact ICANN and also attempt to transfer your domain to another registrar providing that you can verify the contact information listed in the WHOIS database belongs to you.

Letting the domain expire strikes me as a very bad idea as there's a very real risk that your domain will be re-registered by an automated script in the hopes of parking it for ad revenue.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2007 , 13:50   Re: domain name help
Reply With Quote #4

There may be some more contact information for different companies you can find here

Contacting ICANN tends to actually be quite useless as they have a tendency to not respond/care. Take it from me, I e-mailed them multiple times, but maybe you will have better luck and they will probably have more sympathy.

I believe you will want to contact publicdomainregistry.com - they are the accredited ICANN register who "own" your domain rights. They can probably assist you in re-registering/renewing your domain. Best of luck!

BTW, you will be the last case scenario on that page as to contacting them. You will be able to open a support ticket.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!

Last edited by slmclarengt; 12-30-2007 at 13:56.