Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!

Post New Thread Reply   

Moshiko014
Old 07-23-2014 , 15:46   The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #1

Hey modders,
I'm a huge fan of indie games in general and more so, "The Hunger Games." I always wished someone made a game that plays like that movie and this is the game! It's called The Final Stand, to give you a short concise summary of what the developers described it as:

"The Final Stand is a relentless multiplayer experience in which competitors must fight to be the last survivor standing in an unpredictable, dynamic wilderness. Players will have to act on their instincts and react quickly to unforeseeable circumstances to gain the advantage against their opponents in a gritty fight to the death."

That's insane! Check out the greenlit game!: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=241750254

They made some announcements recently of their progress, they finally opened up pre-ordering! They're giving features like being in the game's credits, play alpha builds before anyone else on Steam, get exclusive in-game items for people that pre-ordered (not a P2P kind of game) and price lock it at the cheapest price. Don't wait to pre-order because they're locking pre-orders after 300 pre-orders so if you really want to play this game (which is estimated to be released this August) then pre-order it and help the devs, pre-order the game here: http://thefinalstandgame.com/pre-order

Help the developers, spread the word about the game and ask your friends to pre-order the game, it helps them finish the game faster with more game features. I'm just a mere fan of their game and wish they succeed because there is definite potential for this to succeed in the survival sandbox niche! Thanks, help spread the word about this awesome game!

Last edited by Moshiko014; 07-23-2014 at 15:47.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-23-2014 , 15:54   Re: The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #2

Looks neat, what game engine was that made with? (Please do not say Unity3D, if they used it and made graphics so bad I hunt the devs)
Old 07-23-2014 , 15:57   Re: The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #3

lol, they used Unity 3D. But you have no clue how good Unity 3D is, "The Forest" is made off Unity 3D. Check out the new dev blogs of Rust, they're really good graphics. They're making the graphics actually good, improved it a lot from the trailer. They actually redid everything from the prototype from bottom up, so it'll look a lot better.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-23-2014 , 16:08   Re: The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #4

I know how good Unity3D is, that's why I was wondering how they got the quality so bad lol.
Can you say how old this trailer is from the start of development?
Old 07-23-2014 , 16:20   Re: The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #5

The trailer is a prototype trailer, meaning they were just trying to showcase within 4 months of development of what they were trying to implement in the game. And the game has been in development for over a year now, they said they rebuilt everything from scratch. So, all you see, will not be in the actual pre-alpha of the game, not one piece of it.

By the way, Unity 3D using default shaders and such is terrible. All the games that use Unity 3D, use physically based lighting, hand crafted shaders, and stuff of that sort to give it that beautiful look. Unity 5 is going to be a lot better I heard and actually start to use physically based shading as a default shading. But, they've improved and amped the graphics a lot since that trailer. Check out their announcements on Steam, you'll see what they've been improving and you'll see a huge difference.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-23-2014 , 16:24   Re: The Final Stand opened pre-ordering!
Reply With Quote #6

I know about Unity's Default Stuff, that's why I've got 24646734652 Assets from the Asset Store. (lazy dev op)