[L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugzee
Old 02-25-2010 , 02:36   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoh0112 View Post
How explosion damage reflex Off??
I added a new version that lets you disable the reversal of bomb type damage. To use this new feature, install the new plugin and delete the old config file. A new config file will be generated that has a new convar in it: sm_reverseff_bomb. It is defaulted to "0", meaning bomb damage is not reversed.
ldoh0112
Old 02-25-2010 , 18:08   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #32

Thank you
ldoh0112
Old 02-26-2010 , 01:08   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #33

sorry but, add grenade launcher reflex Off please.
Bugzee
Old 02-26-2010 , 01:25   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoh0112 View Post
sorry but, add grenade launcher reflex Off please.
The grenade launcher damage is included in the sm_reverseff_bomb. Is it still causing reverse damage for you when you set it to "0"? I tested it and it works correctly. When I set it to "0", it behaves normally and does not reverse the damage. When I set it to "1", the damage was reversed. Can you describe the problem you had with it? The plugin will not make a weapon do no damage it all. It can be set to either hurt the attacker, or the victims instead. Its one or the other.

Last edited by Bugzee; 02-26-2010 at 01:33.
Crimson_Fox
Old 03-08-2010 , 02:45   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
I can't get the plugin to work with pill health. If anyone has pointers on how to do that, please do share.
As a matter of fact... I do. It's easier if I just show you how I'd add it. Feel free to use any which way you want.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_ff_reverse.sp - 716 views - 3.6 KB)

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 03-08-2010 at 03:42.
chris1701
Old 04-01-2010 , 10:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #36

Is it work on l4d2 anyway?
Matthias Vance
Old 07-01-2010 , 02:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #37

I will give you a few pointers on how to fix the issues you're having:
  • "Pill health" or the kind of health that slowly ticks down by itself is not effected: If an attacker only has this kind of health, the FF he dishes out will no longer hurt him or the victim. Once the attacker has more than 1hp, they will be effected again.
    • There is a netprop you can use to check their temporary health, I suggest you add them both to get the real health.
  • If a player is 1 shot away from being incapped, they can get incapped from friendly fire. However, the attacker cannot do any further damage to the incapped player while he is down.
    • This happens because you aren't blocking the damage, only healing the player afterwards. You could incorporate SDKHooks (very easy) to resolve this.

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 08-20-2010 at 14:45.
commandertediz
Old 07-13-2010 , 22:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #38

i need help figuring out why this plugins cvars are not recognized in game (L4D). i downloaded the plugin, put it in the right folder on my gameservers.com L4D server, and the plugins default behavior works, but i wanted to test out the cvars to make sure they worked if i ever wanted to change the plugins behavior but i keep getting "unknown command: sm_reverseff_enable" and it's driving me nuts.
Danny_l4d
Old 07-19-2010 , 17:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #39

it has some bugs.... when shooting someone I get 1 hp.... but if the person then shoots me I get incapt.... and while in incapping state I can incap the other player as well... and kill him.... use the plugin from Crimson_fox
Old 10-03-2020 , 06:06   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Reciprocal Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #40

I have been using this plugin (with modifications by Crimson_Fox) on my dedicated server for over a year. It does have some bugs, but it mostly works. I decided to make a few modifications myself. Previously, this plugin would work until the attackers health got to 1 hp, then no damage or penalties would happen. I changed this to incap the attacker instead. Also previously, this plugin did not handle temporary health properly (I noticed that if an attacker attacked a victim who only had temporary health it would convert it to permanent health). I changed this to better handle temporary health for the victim. However, there are still some bugs related to attacking a victim who is very low on health still causing the victim to incap.

By the way, it is really funny when a griefer joins my server and immediately tries to team kill everyone, and the griefer is the one that winds up incapped instead! This is especially delightful to me against the "professional" griefers who are live-streaming their attempts to ruin the game for everyone. Of course, I just perma-ban the griefer, revive/defib the bot and give them health/first_aid_kit, so no damage is actually done, but I do enjoy handing the griefers their tail first. Additionally, if everyone plays properly (has awareness of the position of other players and avoids shooting their team mates), no one would even known this plugin is running because it does not otherwise change game play.

If you know of a plugin that works better than this one for reversing friendly fire, please let me know...because all of the others I've tried either don't work at all or have even more bugs.

I've updated the plugin version to 0.1.1.2.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_ff_reverse.sp - 142 views - 4.4 KB)

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 10-03-2020 at 06:27. Reason: add version info