Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server ignoring "nextlevel" and loading the next map from mapcycle.txt

Post New Thread Reply   

joao7yt
Old 10-25-2017 , 16:44   Re: Server ignoring "nextlevel" and loading the next map from mapcycle.txt
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You probably updated SourceMod and accidentally re-uploaded nextmap.smx, which you would have disabled earlier because it doesn't work very nicely with CS:GO.

But it's ok, go ahead and blame us for it.
Sorry if I went harsh, wasn’t my intention. I was just reporting a behavior I had. And every time I update sourcemod I remore the plugins folder... I’m almost certain that it wasn’t behaving this way before. That huge warmod plugin has been used for a long time by many and til now no one have complained about it when running a Bo3/5. And I believe on its page was not saying to you to remove nextmap from plugins.

Anyway, if nextmap has always been working this way, I really think “nextlevel” should get more priority than “cyclemap.txt”, don’t you think?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-25-2017 , 16:47   Re: Server ignoring "nextlevel" and loading the next map from mapcycle.txt
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao7yt View Post
Sorry if I went harsh, wasn’t my intention. I was just reporting a behavior I had. And every time I update sourcemod I remore the plugins folder... I’m almost certain that it wasn’t behaving this way before. That huge warmod plugin has been used for a long time by many and til now no one have complained about it when running a Bo3/5. And I believe on its page was not saying to you to remove nextmap from plugins.

Anyway, if nextmap has always been working this way, I really think “nextlevel” should get more priority than “cyclemap.txt”, don’t you think?
The nextmap plugin's specific purpose is to set the nextlevel cvar (which is what most games use to decide the next map to load) to what is specified in the mapcycle / set by endmap vote / rtv.
sm_setnextmap exists to override that logic to force whatever map you want explicitly.
If you want to use nextlevel to control the next map, the only real answer is to remove the nextmap plugin as you're going against why it exists.
There hasn't been a behaviour change in how any of this works in as long as I can remember.

Last edited by asherkin; 10-25-2017 at 16:50.
joao7yt
Old 10-25-2017 , 17:19   Re: Server ignoring "nextlevel" and loading the next map from mapcycle.txt
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The nextmap plugin's specific purpose is to set the nextlevel cvar (which is what most games use to decide the next map to load) to what is specified in the mapcycle / set by endmap vote / rtv.
sm_setnextmap exists to override that logic to force whatever map you want explicitly.
If you want to use nextlevel to control the next map, the only real answer is to remove the nextmap plugin as you're going against why it exists.
There hasn't been a behaviour change in how any of this works in as long as I can remember.
That's fine, tks. I use "SetNextMap(map);" since it's safer than just input the sm_setnextmap. Changed my code here