- Fri, 13 Apr 2007 - psychoreader_1.0.1a.zip 2.13 MB - (v1.0.1a) - (requires PS v3.0.x+)
(click for larger view)
Current Version: 1.0.1a
(1st April 2007 - 02:27)
This is a server plugin for CS:S, DOD:S, HL2DM that will display the PsychoStats while in-game to your players. Its not like other Psycho'Viewers' that display the psychostats website in the in-game browser. My plugin will connect directly to your MySQL server where the stats are being stored, and download the required info for a specific player after they type 'rank', 'statsme', 'top10', 'next'. The data is then displayed at the side of the screen, like most traditional statsme plugins.
Note: You will need to setup your firewall and MySQL server to accept connections from your game server, or the plugin simply wont work.
Note: You MUST have MetaMod: Source installed. More info here: http://www.sourcemm.net
Note: If upgrading you MUST delete the old version of PsychoReader or your server may crash.
Commands you can type into the ingame chat are:
* rank - Shows your rank, skill, previous rank and previous skill.
* place - Shows your rank and skill as a public chat message.
* top10 - Shows the top10 players in your stats.
* next - Shows the next 9 players above you in the stats.
* statsme - Shows a box on the left filled with your stats (3 pages).
* lastupdate - Shows how long its been since the stats were updated.
* stats [Player Name | Partial Name] - Shows the statsme window for that player. (only players currently on the server)
Rcon commands you can use:
* pr_reload - If your settings arnt getting loaded into the plugin, run this.
* pr_debug - Shows the settings it has loaded, also the last error message.
* pr_setplayers - If some players's stats arnt showing, then run this command. (note: if the plugin is working ok, running this command may crash server!).
* pr_version - Prints the plugin version to the server console.
Download PsychoReader (link at bottom of page)
Upload the contents of the zip file to your mod folder. Keeping directory structure intact:
* 'cstrike' for Counter Strike: Source
* 'dod' for Day of Defeat: Source
* 'hl2mp' for Half Life 2: Deathmatch
In /cfg/autoexec.cfg add this line: 'exec psycho_reader.cfg' (without quotes)
In /cfg/psycho_reader.cfg edit the settings to reflect your setup.
Add this line to your metaplugins.ini: addons/psycho_reader/bin/psychoreader_mm
Reboot your server
If something goes wrong, there is normally a log file generated (not on some cases, known issue) this will be stored in ./cstrike/addons/psychoreader.log
Also if you get, Error connecting to server or something like that, log into Rcon (not ma_rcon) and type pr_debug, this should show if the server settings have been loaded properly, and it should also show the last MySQL error that it found. Please if you are asking for help, please attatch your psychoreader.log and the last mysql error to your post.