Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Feature Request Dynamic Styling

Post New Thread Reply   

Blackglade
Old 09-20-2013 , 13:14   Dynamic Styling
Reply With Quote #1

A cool feature for sourcebans 2.0 would be an option in the administration panel for dynamic styling. For example, suppose i have theme x running on my sourcebans installation but i don't really like the entire background of theme x. Maybe i want to change it, it be nice to have a feature to dynamically edit themes within the panel. Making it a bit more user friendly.

Also here is an example of how much a different background can change about a sourcebans installation:

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2013 , 02:47   Dynamic Styling
Reply With Quote #2

Personal opinion:
Your subject matter of the background, while looks cool, is still a bit too dark, that being the case, some of your server text gets a little bit hard to read.

SourceBans 2 as of right now has no plans of dynamic theme/template editing (ala wordpress style I'm assuming is what you mean), but it's not outside the scope of possibilities as a third party plugin, also, since it is built on the yii framework, there are some theme-ing items for yii available out there, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone implement something beyond the basic theme-ing of SB2.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers

Last edited by FlyingMongoose; 09-21-2013 at 14:55.
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2013 , 09:24   Re: Dynamic Styling
Reply With Quote #3

A background image shouldn't be behind text an elements as its to distracting, and plain ugly. A background shouldn't ask so much "attention"

About theming in YII its pretty hard to setup a new theme from my experience trying to setup a sb2 theme. I'm a front-end designer so perhaps thats the reason I can't make sense out of the YII theme structure.