Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Improving WeaponMod

Post New Thread Reply   

SeriousSam
Old 09-03-2010 , 11:44   Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I've been improving WeaponMod a lot lately, as I'm using it on my server as I want cs 1.6 to have more weapons. I've been having a lot of problems and creating new topics each time, and I can't follow them all, so I decided to create this one and only use it for all my questions.

WeaponMod is an amxx mod that allows you to add new weapons easily to half-life mods like cs 1.6 - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=42644

I'm using this unreleased new version - http://forums.space-headed.net/viewt...p?p=4677#p4677

I want to thank Arkshine for all the help he's given me so far, thanks to him, now my server has a big crowd waiting to try all the weapons I've added to the game.

Improvements I've made so far (aimed for use in cs 1.6):
- Changed the recoil angle to take into account the number of previous shots during the last second;
- Changed the bullet hit position to take into account the current recoil and the accuracy of the weapon;
- Changed the way damage is calculated - now it takes into account the part of body hit by the bullet, the ammount of armor of the victim, the distance to the victim, and the armor-penetrative abilities of the weapon;
- Added a feature to lower the armor of the victim by half the done damage ammount;
- Changed the ammount of WeaponMod weapons the user can carry to only one, you should throw it away if you want to pick another from the ground;
- Changed the buysystem to throw away your WeaponMod weapon (if you have one) when you try to buy a new WeaponMod weapon;
- Added an option to buy ammo for your WeaponMod weapon;
- Upped the max number of WeaponMod weapons from 16 to 42
- Added a feature for a weapon to gib players;
- Changed the bullets of the more powerfull weapons to be able to go through walls;
- Changed explosion damage to hurt user as well if he's too close;
- Added a bindable command for using the fire selector on weapons that have it
- Created a new buysystem, having categories for pistols, shotguns, rifles etc. and being team-specific;
- Fixed explosion damage bug
- Added continuous shotgun-style reloading feature
- Added the correct player animation for holding the weapon instead of using the knife's
- Fixed the sniper bug (if you zoom in, then switch to another weapon, the zoom stays on)

Improvements I'm working on now:
- Make the weapons eject empty shells
- A feature for a weapon (an awp-type sniper) to kill a few enemies with one shot when lined up in a row
- Find a way to make the gibs stay till the end of the round but get removed before the begining of the next round
- Change the accuracy of the weapon according to player status (moving, standing, crouching)
- Find a workaround for the minigun not showing the ammo correctly (it's 500/500, but hud is limited to 128/256)
- Adding a feature for the killer X victim announcement to show the short name of the weapon used somewhere on the HUD;
- Adding a feature for a thermal optical scope that sees through smoke and detects enemies in the dark (modern warfare 2 style)
- Add a smoke sprite on the place a bullet hits a wall
- Change the user weapon system from the current "one original primary, one original pistol, one custom weapon" to "one primary and one pistol"

Here is a small video of the current condition of the weapons as of 03.09.2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjXppKcczo

Last edited by SeriousSam; 09-21-2010 at 14:20.
Send a message via Skype™ to SeriousSam
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-03-2010 , 11:52   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #2

It would be useful to see a diff. Why not put your modifications on code.google.com or whatever so we can easily what you have changed and make comments about it.
Old 09-03-2010 , 12:08   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #3

Very nice improvements, I must say...Also it would be nice to add something like maybe a flash when a grenade/bomb goes off, maybe a shockwave pushing the players near it back, maybe for example AWP would have something like armor-piercing bullets and maybe a faster reload, it would also be nice a reload with the crosshair still on, and scout would have bullets that don't do damage through walls, also detonating grenades by shooting them would be nice, maybe nightvision turned to thermal sensor or something...A well organized menu is needed, as you said, I don;t know if you should make the menu team-specific...Also it would be nice if you could buy and some other armor types (light armor, normal armor, heavy armor(which would slow you down, but it can protect you by a well placed awp shot, but from a pretty big distance)) anyway, if there is any way I can help in the developing of this project, I am awaiting
Send a message via MSN to Brreaker Send a message via Yahoo to Brreaker
SeriousSam
Old 09-03-2010 , 12:12   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #4

Ok, now I'll ask about about the first improvement mentioned above, I want my anti-tank Barett M82A1 sniper to gib players, I actually made it to, but I should pass to the gibs how long shoud they stay on map, now I have set them to 5 seconds, but I want them to stay till the round ends, do you know how to get how much time is left till the round ends? Or at least how much time has passed since the round started? I only found a function about how much time has passed since the game started, but it does me no good.

@Brreaker: WeaponMod only adds new weapons, it doesn't change existing weapons like awp and scout, but for some of the things you mentioned, plugins already exist. However from your post I got a nice idea, a thermal scope like in modern warfare 2 would be nice, seeing enemies through smoke and in the dark. I'll add it to the improvements.

@Arkshine: I don't know, If I post the whole code to the public, shouldn't I first get permission from DevconeS? (the author of WeaponMod)

Last edited by SeriousSam; 09-03-2010 at 12:20.
Brreaker
Old 09-03-2010 , 12:31   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #5

Here is an ideea...You could register a new Float:roundtime global, and then in the HLTV event add roundtime = get_gametime(), and at the moment you want to find out how much time has passed since the round started just do float:started = get_gametime - roundtime..and you have the time
SeriousSam
Old 09-03-2010 , 12:47   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #6

Sounds like a working Idea, since I'm always setting the roundtime in my server to 6 minutes, should be easy to find out how much time is left. I'll look for that hltv event in the includes now (I don't know it )
BTW I think it will be better to have team specific menu like the original, so I can for example put a hk417 sniper for CTs and a dragunov sniper for Ts As the hk417 is m4a1 - like and the dragunov is ak-47 - like
You can take the other weapon from dead bodies anyways.

Last edited by SeriousSam; 09-03-2010 at 12:55.
Brreaker
Old 09-03-2010 , 12:53   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #7

PHP Code:
register_event("HLTV""eRoundStart""a""1=0""2=0");

public 
eRoundStart() {

Hmm, that would be something...Also you could add menus with submenus like:

PHP Code:
Light weapons
-pistols
-semiautomated guns
-automated pistols(uzzytmpetc)
Normal weapons
-rifles
-shotgun
etc
Heavy weapons
-launchers
-rpg
-snipers
-etc 

Last edited by Brreaker; 09-03-2010 at 13:03.
SeriousSam
Old 09-03-2010 , 16:14   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #8

Well, I don't think I'll need submenus, as I'm not going to add that many weapons, having in mind the download time for all the needed files - people don't like waiting for hours to enter the server

I have added a link to a video of the new weapons at the end of the first post, tell me what you think
Old 09-03-2010 , 16:47   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #9

You could use some fast download link, also I think you should add more rpg-like weapons, with projectiles that fly straight, maybe with a zoom too, it would be nice...Nice video, waiting for more !
SeriousSam
Old 09-03-2010 , 16:59   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #10

I do use a fast download link, but with all the new weapons and maps on my server, it still takes some time, especially for people that have bad connection to the download server. BTW, as I'm using models from FPSBANANA, I'm limited to the kind of weapons I can make. I want for example to make a RPG-7 rocket launcher, because it is not one use only but you can put a new rocket in the tube, but there is no such model or at least I cant find one. And I'm very pissed at the guy that deleted the cs 1.6 models section on FPSBANANA

EDIT: now I want to add a big blood spray when you gib someone, and add blood sprites on the ground, but first I should make the gibs stay till the end of the round, I'll do it after a few minutes.

Last edited by SeriousSam; 09-03-2010 at 17:04.