Post New Thread Reply   

Legendoniance
Old 09-22-2016 , 10:22   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #211

bump?
staraffinity
Old 01-11-2017 , 18:36   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #212

Aaawhh, that's so sad. With a hopeful mood I followed the posts by DS thinking I would get a Half-Life 2 Deathmatch server running on my Home Theatre Mac, but to no avail it seems.

Might try using VirtualBox and Linux.

Wonder where he/she (DJ) went?

Last edited by staraffinity; 01-11-2017 at 18:41.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-09-2017 , 22:09   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #213

I must apologize for disappearing, but school/college really got the better of me. This is extremely long overdue, but I've finally made an update for all currently supported games. Please see the first post for downloads as usual.

Of particular note, I have some good news and bad news for CS:GO servers. The good news is that it is now a 64-bit game on OS X. The bad news is that current builds of Metamod:Source and SourceMod will not run on this. It will require a lot of work to get these (particularly SourceMod) to run so I can make no guarantees of this changing in the near future. All other Source games are unaffected by this since they are 32-bit games.
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-10-2017 , 18:26   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #214

Support for Day of Infamy has just been added! Are there are any of Source-based multiplayer games that run on OS X that I've missed?
iFuture
Old 08-27-2017 , 19:56   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #215

When i double click srcds_run it saids "WARNING: No map specified! Server may not heartbeat" I need help fixing this. Please reply fast this has been stressing me out for days. Thanks.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-28-2017 , 06:44   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuture View Post
When i double click srcds_run it saids "WARNING: No map specified! Server may not heartbeat" I need help fixing this. Please reply fast this has been stressing me out for days. Thanks.
You need to follow the instructions in the first post, you should not be double clicking srcds_run...
Old 08-28-2017 , 07:04   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You need to follow the instructions in the first post, you should not be double clicking srcds_run...
Yea.. but when use the command ./srcds_run on terminal, it just says there's no such file or directory. Is there something wrong with how i write my quotes?
Sorry, but i'm new to these kind of stuff. Hope i'm not bothering you

Last edited by iFuture; 08-28-2017 at 07:32.
iFuture
Old 08-28-2017 , 07:38   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Yea.. but when use the command ./srcds_run on terminal, it just says there's no such file or directory. Is there something wrong with how i write my quotes?
Sorry, but i'm new to these kind of stuff. Hope i'm not bothering you
Wait nvm i got the most of the quotes down.
/Users/me/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team\ Fortress\ 2/srcds_run -game Team-Fortress-2 +map pl_upward -maxplayers 24 +log on
Everything pass srcds_run for sure is a mistake, but are there anymore?

Last edited by iFuture; 08-28-2017 at 07:39.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-18-2017 , 23:51   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #219

Quote:
Wait nvm i got the most of the quotes down.
/Users/me/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team\ Fortress\ 2/srcds_run -game Team-Fortress-2 +map pl_upward -maxplayers 24 +log on
Everything pass srcds_run for sure is a mistake, but are there anymore?
Apologies for replying so late to this, but, you should run srcds_run from the Team Fortress 2 folder. Also the game name is actually "tf". So in your case, you should first do:

Code:
cd /Users/me/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Team\ Fortress\ 2
and then

Code:
./srcds_run -game tf +map pl_upward -maxplayers 24 +log on
As a side note, I'm going to be releasing an update in the next few days that will hopefully make some of this a little easier.

Last edited by DS; 12-18-2017 at 23:51.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-22-2017 , 11:31   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #220

A brand new version has been released. The project has been rewritten and is hopefully a little bit easier to use and update.

The only possible downside is that the version requirements have been bumped up. You now need to be running macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later. Hopefully this isn't a problem for most people though as a lot of other Mac software has been moving in this direction already.

In order to have less potential conflict with replacing files that might already exist, the files you install now have different names. The srcds_osx binary has been replaced with srcds-cli.bundle. And in order to start the server, you now must run srcds.sh rather than srcds_run.

Notable changes and improvements over srcds_osx:
  • Automatic updating of srcds binaries on server startup. This can be disabled by adding the -noupdate option to the command line. Please note that you still have to keep the game up to date using SteamCMD or the Steam client GUI.
  • Automatic downloading and updating of Steam libraries. This means the Steam client GUI is no longer required to set up a server; SteamCMD will suffice. This can be disabled by adding the -nosteamupdate option to the command line.
  • Added -steambeta command line option to switch to the beta branch for Steam libraries.
  • Added support for the 64-bit version of Day of Infamy. This version is run by default unless you add the -32 option to the command line.
  • Fixed support for Garry's Mod. The game update on December 18th broke things.
  • Fixed issue where the status command on CS:GO, Insurgency, and Day of Infamy did not display the current map.

Also note that there is now ONE download for all games, so no more figuring out which package to get. As usual the download is in the first post or you can just grab it here.