Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

FaTeR
Old 06-27-2012 , 00:49   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #431

Hello Hunter-Digital
Thanks for your assistance. I will test it right away. By the way I am not afraid of degrading gameplay "due to lack of visual information" as the flag carrier is still pretty visible sticking a huge flag out of his back
Best Regards: FaTeR
FaTeR
Old 06-27-2012 , 01:32   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #432

Hello again.
Serious accident happened when testing. At first the new version didn't work on the server at all. After recompiling the .sma file using a webcompiler the problem solved. Clearly the pre-compiled amxx file in the link is wrong. The second thing I noticed is that the size of the pre-compiled amxx file is huge compared to the original one. (roughly 1.5 Mb against 112 KB).

The plugin works nicely with new cvars. On my old windows server we had problems with dynamic lights but the new linux server has no problem with that at all.
I was wrong about glows. Not the glow is what makes berserk combo laggy. I haven't the remotest conception what's wrong with it but it remained an issue with turned glows off. Anyway, these little changes about dynamic lights allow operators of weaker servers to run this plugin.

Last edited by FaTeR; 06-27-2012 at 02:55.
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2012 , 23:01   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTeR View Post
Clearly the pre-compiled amxx file in the link is wrong. The second thing I noticed is that the size of the pre-compiled amxx file is huge compared to the original one. (roughly 1.5 Mb against 112 KB).
The "Get plugin" file isn't uploaded, it's the amxx's webcompiler compiling my uploaded .sma file, which it can't do because of the orpheu includes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTeR View Post
Not the glow is what makes berserk combo laggy. I haven't the remotest conception what's wrong with it but it remained an issue with turned glows off.
Does the lag happen constantly while using berserk combo or only when shooting ? Also, if it's when shooting, does it happen only when hitting people (because the plugin adds extra blood) or on each shot ? (because plugin changes rate of fire)

EDIT: I really hope you're not using software render... even for laptops, it's alot slower than D3D or OpenGL.

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 06-27-2012 at 23:13.
FaTeR
Old 06-29-2012 , 02:17   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #434

Hello Hunter-Digital
The lag when using berserk is constant regardless of shooting or hitting anyone and persists until it lasts. It was present on the windows server and it is present now on the linux one. I don't think this problem with berserk is personal. Anyone using that must be involved. The vast majority of players aim before shoot but with berserk that part of the gameplay becomes incredibly difficult. You can test it yourself if you have a few minutes: 77.111.218.204:27015

NOTE: I am not masochist enough to use software renderer

After a longer test period of dynamic lights I got complaints of increased lag. This lag wasn't that significant as it was on the old server but regardless of hardware circumstances it annoyed most of us and has been turned off.

Returning to get plugin issue: the output amxx file of this compiler is completely different what I get using another webcompiler. This one is 1.10 Mb and simply crashes on the server while using http://www.gamegate.ro/webcompiler/ I get a problem free one.

Last edited by FaTeR; 06-29-2012 at 02:26.
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2012 , 07:48   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #435

I can't get this plugin to work,
it give's me a bad load,
at first orpheu wasnt being loaded so i installed the full version and then overwrited the files you provided so that works now
Spoiler

this is my console log by i doubt you can see a problem there:
Spoiler

so what could cause the plugin to load bad? any idea's?

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]

Last edited by striker07; 06-29-2012 at 08:34.
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2012 , 18:30   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #436

@FaTeR
Well, the berserks does affect recoil because you shoot faster... but I guess people are unaware of the huge advantage of double damage with higher rof =) But anyway, at least it's not overpowered, that would've sucked.

Still, I don't know what the performance issues are then, I connected to that server and didn't have any lag while berserking and I managed to kill one guy, but didn't suvive for long xD

@striker07
Did you compile it locally ? Or if that's not possible try the link FaTeR posted.

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 06-29-2012 at 18:30.
FaTeR
Old 06-29-2012 , 19:26   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #437

Download the sma from the link provided and compile it using the following link:
http://www.gamegate.ro/webcompiler/
The output amxx file is working fine.
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2012 , 05:39   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #438

thank you hunter, I forgot to compile it locally .
any chance you know a good website with nice flag pics or textures?

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]
biff1991
Old 07-05-2012 , 17:34   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #439

Hello.
Sorry for my bad english....
How to make the adrenaline consumed less?
100/100 is very fastest ends.....ONLY 5-7 seconds!!!
How to make waste of adrenaline small???
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2012 , 18:22   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)
Reply With Quote #440

@biff1991:
Adrenaline is drained by 1 each 0.25 seconds, 4 per second meaning... it's also double if you're holding the flag, 8 per second.

You're free to change the drain amount and drain frequency in the code starting from line 3550 (player_adrenalineDrain function) you have:
Code:
new iDrain = (player_hasFlag(id) ? 2 : 1)
Which determines how much it drains, having flag or not... you can't set that lower than it is, you can disable the flag checking by setting it directly to 1.

And below that code at line 3576 you have:
Code:
task_set(0.25, "player_adrenalineDrain", id - TASK_ADRENALINE)
You can change 0.25 to the frequency you want it to drain... for example: 0.5 would drain twice as slow.

Changing the maximum adrenaline would be harder because it's hardcoded and you'd have to find all points where it checks or limits it to 100.

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 07-05-2012 at 18:26.