Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 respawn time/ afk

Post New Thread Reply   

teapackni
Old 10-22-2010 , 16:47   TF2 respawn time/ afk
Reply With Quote #1

How do I edit sm so it's instant respawn?
How do i make it so you can stay on the server afk for an unlimited amount of time?

Sorry if this topic was created before.
Sniper214
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2010 , 18:30   Re: TF2 respawn time/ afk
Reply With Quote #2

for instant respawn put this in your server.cfg

mp_disable_respawn_times 1
mp_respawnwavetime 0

for unlimited AFK put this in your server.cfg

mp_idledealmethod 0

That should do what you want.

Although I believe freezetime still applies (camera looking at your dead body) This is usually 4-6 seconds. Another person with more knowledge in that area would have to reply ;)

Last edited by Sniper214; 10-22-2010 at 18:54.
meecrob
Old 10-22-2010 , 21:30   Re: TF2 respawn time/ afk
Reply With Quote #3

Sourcemod by default is not instant respawn. If you currently have instant respawn, it is caused by a plugin or cvar.

mp_respawnwavetime 0 will result in fast respawn. Note the "fast" part as by using this var by itself will result in players waiting 4-6 seconds for the freeze cam. There is no time added after the freeze cam. I believe the default value for this is 10, but you could simply omit it.

mp_disable_respawn_times 1 will provide nearly instant respawn. Using this var will result in players waiting a couple of seconds, but it is usually faster than using mp_respawnwavetime 0. From past experiances I have found that mp_disable_respawn_times works better than mp_respawnwavetime, the other causes some servers/maps to not work correctly.

There are several plugins available to achieve true instant respawn (where after you die you respawn so fast that you dont even know what happened) but this plugins often suffer for major set backs. One being that with these, since your technically almost never dead, players don't find any items with the drop system. These players then leave your server and join another one where they magically find several items giving them a false sense of superiority on the new server.

Like Sniper214 mentioned, mp_idledealmethod 0 should be sufficient but if you later decided to set a time limit for afk players there are a few options.

mp_idledealmethod 1 sends a player into spectator then kicks if still afk
mp_idledealmethod 2 kicks a player out of the game

these would be used with:

mp_idlemaxtime xxx