Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

EpicFailGames
Old 06-11-2009 , 17:10   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #131

I am using downtown .3, readyup, and the latest superversus.

The previous version allowed joining of both teams, up to 8vs8 (which is what I set it for) before and after the ready-up phase. Now once the game is started, neither team allows new players. Before the game is started, only survivors can exceed 4. Infected maxes out at 4.

The extra medpacks DOES work.
The tank multiplier was a little confusing, but does work.
The tank appears to spawn now, though the game was not full at the time for either team.

Is there a way to fix it so joining of both teams is possible again? via M or the !joininfected // !joinsurvivor commands?

Also, as a side note lobby unreserve does not work.

server.cfg:
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
l4d_ready_enabled 1
l4d_ready_minimum_players 4
l4d_maxplayers 16
l4d_survivor_limit 8 // "Maximum amount of survivors" ( Default: 4 Max: 18 )
l4d_infected_limit 8 // "Max amount of infected (will not affect bots)" ( Default: 4 Max: 18 )
l4d_XtraHP 1
holdout_max_boomers 2 // Maximum Boomers
holdout_max_hunters 5 // Maximum Hunters
holdout_max_smokers 3 // Maximum Smokers
l4d_supertank 1 // "Set tanks HP based on Survivor Count" ( Default: 0/1 )
l4d_tank_hpmulti .4 // "Tanks HP Multiplier (multi*(survivors-4))" ( Default: 0.25 )
sm_hardzombies 3 // "How many zombies you want. (In multiples of 30. Recommended: 3 Max: 6)"
mp_gamemode versus

>>>>>>>>>>
Reverted back to the previous version of SuperVersus for now, team joining is restored... hopefully it outweighs the buggy tank and medpack... since the new version broke team joining....

Last edited by EpicFailGames; 06-11-2009 at 17:28. Reason: Addition at the bottom...
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-11-2009 , 17:16   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_sparky View Post
Arg! I updated the plugin today.
If you are using Left4DownTown be sure to update that, it has new signatures which will most likely be the cause of your issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper21 View Post
l4d_maxplayers "12"
sv_visiblemaxplayers "-1"
l4d_survivor_limit "6"
l4d_infected_limit "6"
l4d_XtraHP "0"
1) Make sure of the same above
2) Make sure the boldened bit is written
3) you don't need to write the numbers in speech marks. I advise against it.
4) Post back if you still have troubles, my server has l4d_xtrahp 1 and it's running fine at present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFailGames View Post
Is there a way to fix it so joining of both teams is possible again?
Could you give me a paste of;
sm_cvar survivor_limit
sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies

When this happens? I get the feeling it's not being set right.. I've been having troubles forcing it as of late.
Old 06-11-2009 , 17:46   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #133

As another note, hardzombies does not produce zombies on certain maps in no mercy sewers... at about the same spot every time, with both versions... o.O

l4d_survivor_limit 8 // "Maximum amount of survivors" ( Default: 4 Max: 18 )
l4d_infected_limit 8 // "Max amount of infected (will not affect bots)" ( Default: 4 Max: 18 )

These are what I have in the server.cfg, how do I check what it is at any given point while in-game?

I've also gone back to the old version for right now... So I am unable to test for a little bit, the new version prevented successful gameplay of any sort. I will try it out again on the next run if you tell me what to look for and how.

edit: For the 'old' version, these are the results I get. However, team joining is 100% successful in all cases where anyone who knows what to type, does it successfully. And as long as they don't try to join a full team... However, there is no message of any kind displayed saying whether a team is full, so occasionally I get people who will just keep trying the same team...
sm_cvar survivor_limit yields 4
sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies yields 4

Last edited by EpicFailGames; 06-11-2009 at 18:10. Reason: Added console messages
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-11-2009 , 18:40   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
As another note, hardzombies does not produce zombies on certain maps in no mercy, with the current update.
The function has not changed at all. This will be the AI director having issues.
Quote:
For the 'old' version, these are the results I get. However, team joining is 100% successful in all cases where anyone who knows what to type, does it successfully. And as long as they don't try to join a full team... However, there is no message of any kind displayed saying whether a team is full, so occasionally I get people who will just keep trying the same team...
Try again with the new version and let me know. I get a feeling I'm gonna hafta release a quick fix for this count issue.
Old 06-11-2009 , 18:49   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #135

I updated to the latest of both plugins It still will not let people join if there is one player in and I updated to the latest SM 1.2 Snapshot

Last edited by imported_sparky; 06-11-2009 at 18:55.
EpicFailGames
Old 06-11-2009 , 18:53   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #136

You did change the teamjoining so that it abides by the vs_max_switch limit or whatever it is... (I think it's cool, but I don't like it... it seems to make it impossible to swap teams if you get on the wrong one...) lol.

For the new mod... I'm reverting back to the old version again until this is fixed...
EpicFailGames
Old 06-11-2009 , 18:59   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
I updated to the latest of both plugins It still will not let people join if there is one player in and I updated to the latest SM 1.2 Snapshot
My bad, I completely misread this... are you trying to join from lobby, when you say "if one player is in I can't join"?

Last edited by EpicFailGames; 06-11-2009 at 19:25.
EpicFailGames
Old 06-11-2009 , 19:16   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #138

Oh, I also forgot to mention...

I can't seem to raise/lower the monster caps for each type...
Quote:
holdout_max_boomers 2 // Maximum Boomers
holdout_max_hunters 5 // Maximum Hunters
holdout_max_smokers 3 // Maximum Smokers
holdout_max_specials 9 // Maximum Special Infected
Thats what my server.cfg has... but in actuality, what spawns is 1 boomer, 1 smoker, 6 hunters. Every single time. Regardless of which version of the mod I use.

Tank does not spawn in the old version of Super Versus when combined with the new version of downtown... hopefully the new super versus can be patched... >_>

Last edited by EpicFailGames; 06-11-2009 at 19:22.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-11-2009 , 19:23   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
If there is anyone in the server. Lobby will not find it. If that's what your trying.
Quote:
Suspicions are true. Will have to find a new way to tackle this.
Quote:
I can't seem to raise/lower the monster caps for each type...
Wrong cvars. Holdout = survivor

z_versus_smoker_limit
z_versus_boomer_limit
z_hunter_limit
Old 06-11-2009 , 19:41   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
If there is anyone in the server. Lobby will not find it. If that's what your trying.Suspicions are true. Will have to find a new way to tackle this.Wrong cvars. Holdout = survivor

z_versus_smoker_limit
z_versus_boomer_limit
z_hunter_limit
Oh, okay. I'll fix those then... does the hunter one need the versus section too? or is that just an oddball out?
Is there any way to compile a new version of the plugin with the PREVIOUS joining method, and the CURRENT tank/medkit fixes? That seems to me, someone without knowledge of how the mods are made, the best way to do it. If it is that simple. lol