Raised This Month: $22 Target: $400
 5% 

Confirmation of AMX 1.9


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Fiercetree
Member
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: I want large bread
Old 03-19-2023 , 15:24   Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry in advance for starting a completely new thread on this.

Is this the site to get AMX 1.9? https://amxmodx.org/downloads-new.php

It says it is unstable and I'm just making sure, it's the correct one. Thanks!
Fiercetree is offline
IC3k1ng
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Argentina
Old 03-19-2023 , 17:47   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #2

Yes it is.
__________________


IC3k1ng is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 03-19-2023 , 18:00   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #3

AMX Mod X 1.9 is probably the most recommended version right now. Unfortunately, it'll probably never get an official release since the community is not as active as it once was.
__________________
fysiks is offline
Fiercetree
Member
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: I want large bread
Old 03-19-2023 , 18:29   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Now to backup everything and do this.
Fiercetree is offline
IC3k1ng
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Argentina
Old 03-19-2023 , 18:54   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
AMX Mod X 1.9 is probably the most recommended version right now. Unfortunately, it'll probably never get an official release since the community is not as active as it once was.
That's because most of the game hosts provides 1.8.2 version, so there's not to much people using it.
__________________


IC3k1ng is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 03-19-2023 , 19:30   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
That's because most of the game hosts provides 1.8.2 version, so there's not to much people using it.
My host is offering "1.8.3-dev-git5134" which doesn't make any sense and the response that I got from our host about updating that to 1.9.0 was something like "we'll update it when they release it". So, I guess that means never.
__________________
fysiks is offline
IC3k1ng
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Argentina
Old 03-20-2023 , 11:10   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
My host is offering "1.8.3-dev-git5134" which doesn't make any sense and the response that I got from our host about updating that to 1.9.0 was something like "we'll update it when they release it". So, I guess that means never.
Yes, because the last version doesn't have enough updates since December 3rd of 2021 at the download website, so it still with many issues. (151 on GitHub).
__________________


IC3k1ng is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 03-20-2023 , 22:24   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
Yes, because the last version doesn't have enough updates since December 3rd of 2021 at the download website, so it still with many issues. (151 on GitHub).
The number of issues on Github doesn't mean it's not good or not able to run as well as 1.8.2. Version 1.8.3-dev almost certainly has more actual issues than 1.9.0.
__________________
fysiks is offline
IC3k1ng
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Argentina
Old 03-21-2023 , 17:00   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The number of issues on Github doesn't mean it's not good or not able to run as well as 1.8.2. Version 1.8.3-dev almost certainly has more actual issues than 1.9.0.
I didn't know that... so if i understand, it will depend of how active at bug fixes is the version that you choose?
__________________


IC3k1ng is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 03-21-2023 , 23:13   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #10

The point is the number of things that people post on the issues section of the repository on Github doesn't indicate how well the actual code is running. It solely depends on the specific bug and how consequential it is. "Issues" on Github is also used for feature requests.
__________________
fysiks is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:10.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode