Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2009 , 22:20   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #341

Hey there everyone. First off I want to say sorry about being pretty slack on this. Real life gets in the way and I haven't had much of a chance to work on SourceMod stuff recently. I have free time now, and I am going to kick out version 1.2.0 here very soon, within a day or two. Here is a basic gist of what will be updated and changed:
  • Fixing various error messages in error logs. If you have any you don't think have been addressed, post them now
  • Changing stats panel to fix rank not showing up for some people
  • Fixed and added some more adjustment to webstats to keep blank stats (IE, population info) from showing up
  • Fixed (again) the plugin to keep blank users from being inserted
  • Added some stat whoring checks to the plugin - you can now only gain points for 3 Tanks during a finale map
If you are having any other problems that I did not address or that I have overlooked, post them now so I can include them in 1.2.0. Those of you getting ClientPrefs errors, you need to enable the ClientPrefs plugin. This is outlined in the first post.

I am wanting to kick out a version that is compatible with Survival but no promises until I actually see how it works and everything. I am working on a new method of tracking player ranking both for Survival and (assuming the method works well) for Versus. Since these 2 game modes are not entirely about straight-up points, and more about speed and team work, Survival and Versus stats are going to take those factors into account when ranking a player. For example, getting a higher team score at the end of a Versus round will be better than killing every single zombie you encounter. Same goes for Survival, lasting longer will award more points than killing everything you see.

I am going to make a new thread about other suggestions for Versus stats, check the Suggestions board for it. I would like some ideas on what everyone would like to see in for Versus stats. I have some ideas but I do need other input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk93 View Post
Would it be possible to add a count of how many times a player has started a campaign?
We're told how many they completed, but it would be nice to add how many they started (giving us a success ratio )
That's not a bad idea. I'll add that (maybe to 1.2.1 or 1.3.0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshiach View Post
One big suggestion. And this should be automatic for any plugin that uses databases. Please add a table_prefix variable. A good number of hosts out there don't allow you to have more than one database so it's entirely possible that your tables will conflict with other tables already in the database.
You're right. Nobody suggested this before so it never crossed my mind, but I will be sure to add this in. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2009 , 03:57   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodregis View Post
These two should help you

Enable the autokick
Code:
mp_disable_autokick "0"
Then adjust the max idle time from the default to whatever you want.
Code:
sm_cvar sv_spectatoridletime "3"
I didn't use that method as I had the below spectator plugin that handles it for me and kicks the idlers.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=82903
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks a lot for the workaround
spliffa
Old 04-21-2009 , 07:56   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
If you are having any other problems that I did not address or that I have overlooked, post them now so I can include them in 1.2.0. Those of you getting ClientPrefs errors, you need to enable the ClientPrefs plugin. This is outlined in the first post.
Hi msleeper. Glad to hear you didn't give up this awesome plugin. Anyway, could you check this problem: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=289

These chat-duplicates only appear if you change the campaign through the source-adminmod or hlsw. If you call a mapchange-vote everythings okay.
It's quite annoying, its spamns the chat field.

Thanks!
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2009 , 15:30   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #344

Yeah I read that, sorry for skipping over it.

Is it just the "Protect" notices? Or is there anything else that duplicates itself?
Old 04-21-2009 , 18:11   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #345

The L4D update is out, someone tell me if it breaks the plugin. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2009 , 18:53   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #346

Triple post. Yeah it looks like they are not working at all because of the removal of one of the cvars. I will release a fix for this shortly.
Old 04-21-2009 , 20:53   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #347

Hello!
Happy to see you're working on this nice plugin

To add my experience after the update of Survival Pack from 10 minutes, i see in the console those new messages :
Code:
#01:L 04/22/2009 - 02:44:40: [SM] Native "GetConVarBool" reported: Invalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
#01:L 04/22/2009 - 02:44:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx":
#01:L 04/22/2009 - 02:44:40: [SM]   [0]  Line 1756, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/7/5/2/1/36374.attach::IsVersusMode()
#01:L 04/22/2009 - 02:44:40: [SM]   [1]  Line 1796, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/7/5/2/1/36374.attach::StatsDisabled()
#01:L 04/22/2009 - 02:44:40: [SM]   [2]  Line 616, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/7/5/2/1/36374.attach::event_PlayerDeath()
It's always the same lines, writing in console quickly.
I've test to play on my server, no probs it's playing nice, but not [stats] chat, no personal stats when joining server. Web interface doesn't show players online.

I hope this help for your work ;) good luck

server : ubuntu 8.10 desktop, srcds linux 32bits, lastest sourcemod/mm
gehn
Old 04-21-2009 , 22:19   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1
Reply With Quote #348

hey msleeper,

great to see you back at the plugin. guess you had a lot of people wanting to talk about your honeypot server ;)

will you be planning to also add best times ranking for people? not points based but their actual times. i'm not really asking about it for the 1.2.0 release but a future one.

thanks!
IH_Jimbo
Old 04-22-2009 , 03:30   Re: Webstats not working - Need help!
Reply With Quote #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
All seems to work well from the game server point of view, but I have a problem with the webstats. I have a feeling my PHP is improperly configured or is missing some extensions etc. All the pages are blank from dynamic data. For example my index.php page title is "Left 4 Dead Player Stats :: <?=$title;?>". I did put some echo rows in the Template-set method and the correct values are there. It still wont update anything on the templates.

My server is:
WIN2003 R2 with all the latest updates
PHP 5.2.1 (cli) (built: Feb 7 2007 23:11:26)
IIS 6

Any help is welcome!
I tried this on several different versions of WAMP (Apache/PHP on windows and did not have any luck using the web app until running on apache on linux (php 5.x) I was getting the same web problems as you were getting. There maybe something in the application(I haven't had the time or really the desire to work through it) that is only supported in linux versions of php.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2009 , 03:38   Thanks for the input
Reply With Quote #350

IH_Jimbo: Thanks for the input. I have to go to some PHP forums if they might have a clue. I don't want to install a Linux at this point.