Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.7 , 2019/06/23)

Post New Thread Reply   

BOT Benson
Old 06-03-2019 , 12:04   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
but do you think this issue could be fixed writing a plugin?
maybe. the current plug-in works very well on my server.
Old 06-03-2019 , 13:01   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOT Benson View Post
maybe. the current plug-in works very well on my server.
It isn't working on my server btw, i don't know why, i just replaced every LDR map with the HDR ones and this error was fixed
Old 06-03-2019 , 14:04   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
It isn't working on my server btw, i don't know why, i just replaced every LDR map with the HDR ones and this error was fixed
Maybe you didn't use it right.
Old 06-03-2019 , 18:25   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOT Benson View Post
Maybe you didn't use it right.
Isnt just drag and drop?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2019 , 22:39   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
but do you think this issue could be fixed writing a plugin?
I'm sure someone can write a script that goes through the map directory and use bspinfo on each map to find out which are LDR only, but doing anything more I don't think can be done automatically. Like, decompiling, recompiling in HDR, packing etc... would just be hard and not really worth automating since there are other issues that can come from switching to HDR that you'd want to fix manually.

However, it doesn't make sense to write a plugin for this. It has nothing to do with the server/sourcemod, and a plugin cannot just "give" a map HDR lighting.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-04-2019 , 10:46   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
I'm sure someone can write a script that goes through the map directory and use bspinfo on each map to find out which are LDR only, but doing anything more I don't think can be done automatically. Like, decompiling, recompiling in HDR, packing etc... would just be hard and not really worth automating since there are other issues that can come from switching to HDR that you'd want to fix manually.

However, it doesn't make sense to write a plugin for this. It has nothing to do with the server/sourcemod, and a plugin cannot just "give" a map HDR lighting.
It has been proven that switching from LDR/HDR is NOT the root cause of this issue, and would deem the above to be absolutely worthless.
Old 06-04-2019 , 12:50   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
It has been proven that switching from LDR/HDR is NOT the root cause of this issue, and would deem the above to be absolutely worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
sneaK insists that the problem isn't caused by LDR maps. However, through account of many people who have gone through switching to only using maps compiled with HDR, clearly the problem seems to go away for the most part when you do only use HDR maps. (cut rest of quote)
Having players reconnect on map change doesn't tackle the root cause of the issue. This plugin does not work for everyone, and has its own side effect which results in no new clients being able to connect to the server until a certain amount of time has passed or the server is restarted. That doesn't make the plugin worthless, does it?

At least, that bug occurs for me, and I had no idea why until I read this next comment from this same thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUFEN.jp View Post
This often will make "You may only connect to a server from a lobby" error for clients, when executed "retry" command. So logs seems have less crashes of "<name> timed out".
However this is not help to client crashes actually.
Maybe either of the authors of these plugins that try to prevent this crashing can add a file where you paste a list of maps that are compiled with HDR lighting, so that once the next map is known, the plugin can be disabled when changing to/from those maps, and otherwise enabled. Then if crashing still occurs, any map that it happens with should be added to the list as well.

I don't understand why you are so adamant about dissuading people from trying to use maps with HDR lighting for CS:GO maps when there is evidence that the problem HAS gone away at least sometimes when doing. Maybe it's because you unfortunately managed to find the one quote where I mention recompiling maps and forget to advise people not to do so without contacting the original authors of the maps. Or maybe it's because recompiling some maps would take several hours per map, and then to have it not work on some of those maps would feel like a major waste of time for those people.

Unfortunately, these people have gone in on the deep end of compiling in LDR because it is faster, but, here all these people since 2016 say that LDR in CS:GO has never worked/is unsupported. Am I wrong for saying that means using LDR in CS:GO is like undefined behavior? You strictly say that LDR to HDR is not the root cause of the issue, but surely you phrased it that way because it is somehow related. Specifically when going through the history of related comments in the Source Engine discord, people have said CSGO tries to use LDR skyboxes as HDR, so maybe that is also related?
BOT Benson
Old 06-04-2019 , 13:41   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
like what ?
Old 06-04-2019 , 15:03   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #139

Yesterday i did some tests regarding this problem. I was changing maps on my server with 2 clients from HDR (de_dust2) to LDR (zm_toxic_house3) and back.

1st attempt: after 3 map changes, lighting on HDR map was broken and fps dropped from ~150 to ~50. After 4th map change both clients crashed.

2nd attempt: after 3 map changes lighting was broken again, after 4th map change 1 client crashed and the other one still was able to play, but fps dropped from 200 to 20-30.

3rd attempt: both client crashed after 4th map change.

I also tested map change from HDR map (de_dust2) to HDR map (recompiled zm_toxic_house3 and zm_druglab_go_rw2) and back, and after 20+ map changes everything was fine. So now i think it is really caused by unsupported LDR lighting.
BOT Benson
Old 06-04-2019 , 15:39   Re: [CSGO] Map Change Client Crash Fixer (v1.0.6 , 2018/09/11)
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
Yesterday i did some tests regarding this problem. I was changing maps on my server with 2 clients from HDR (de_dust2) to LDR (zm_toxic_house3) and back.

1st attempt: after 3 map changes, lighting on HDR map was broken and fps dropped from ~150 to ~50. After 4th map change both clients crashed.

2nd attempt: after 3 map changes lighting was broken again, after 4th map change 1 client crashed and the other one still was able to play, but fps dropped from 200 to 20-30.

3rd attempt: both client crashed after 4th map change.

I also tested map change from HDR map (de_dust2) to HDR map (recompiled zm_toxic_house3 and zm_druglab_go_rw2) and back, and after 20+ map changes everything was fine. So now i think it is really caused by unsupported LDR lighting.
if these are true we will have to go through hdr.