Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2022 , 20:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy0606 View Post
Here some errors when compiling with SM 1.11 6863:

PHP Code:
 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Plugins\sourcemod\scripting\mutant_tanks.sp(17850) : error 180: function return type differs from prototypeexpected 'int'but got 'void' 
But I choose downgrade SM to the same version you use and it WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

THANK YOU SIR XDD.
Glad it's working for you now, and you're welcome. :)

If you choose to upgrade your SM and recompile the plugins, you can fix that compiler error by downloading "updater.inc" from here. That should let you compile "mutant_tanks.sp" without any errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Hey, I really love the plugin so far, still trying to figure things out of it since it has so many features. However right now there's something that seriously concerns me.

Survivors are not getting slowed anymore by commons or most attacks, I tried playing with much of the options that I could find in your files but I can't find anything that works and the original cvars don't seem to do anything at all either.
I found the culprit. I accidentally left a feature enabled that was supposed to be given as part of a reward to survivors. I'll have it fixed in the next update, but if you want to fix it for yourself right now, here you go:

1. Look for the line: "SetEntPropFloat(victim, Prop_Send, "m_flVelocityModifier", 1.0);" (should be line 14725)
2. Move it inside the code block of the "if (bDeveloper)" statement.
3. Recompile and test.
Old 03-11-2022 , 22:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1262

Some tank like Inverter, Mudman, Whirler... debuff applied for survivor when Tank punches them. Is there anyway to make survivor take that debuff when Tank is near, and Jumper Tank will make survivor jumps in uncontrolable until they kill him.

The announce is a bit much, is there anyway to disable announce but keep tank inbound announce, about tank skill and when tank dies (disable tank active skill announcement)

Btw I love this plugin sir, the Smasher one shot me even survivor hp raised to 1000 XDD.

Last edited by Foxy0606; 03-11-2022 at 22:02.
Shao
Old 03-13-2022 , 00:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1263

Found the reason why damage was inconsistent, it was due to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284273 which I find unfortunate because I do really want to keep that feature, I'm sure something can be done although it'd be nice I think to have it implemented with Mutant Tanks. Till then I'll have it disabled to keep experimenting.

Edit: To my surprise, none of the alternatives work either. Everything but Lux plugin is pretty much broken.

Last edited by Shao; 03-13-2022 at 01:12.
thewintersoldier97
Old 03-15-2022 , 13:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1264

Quote:
Some tank like Inverter, Mudman, Whirler... debuff applied for survivor when Tank punches them. Is there anyway to make survivor take that debuff when Tank is near
Find
Code:
""X Range Chance"			"15.0""
in each tank and change it to whatever chance you want.
Quote:
and Jumper Tank will make survivor jumps in uncontrolable until they kill him.
Code:
"Jump Duration"				"5"
Quote:
The announce is a bit much, is there anyway to disable announce but keep tank inbound announce, about tank skill and when tank dies (disable tank active skill announcement)
Find "Announcements" section in your config file and start from there.

Highly recommend: You should check the INFORMATIONs and WIKI page of Mutant Tanks on Github.

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 03-15-2022 at 13:33.
yuzumi
Old 03-16-2022 , 01:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1265

In version 8.91. I use "Control Zombies In Co-op by sorallll" control Tank in coop mode.

1. "Spawn Mode" set to 1, Spawn Tank is MT tank and show MT tank select menu.. First select will recover tank health to Maxhealth, Shouldn't the tank HP be converted as a percentage of the previous tank remaining HP?
e.g: Tank Maxhealth is 7000. Less than 7000 health after being attacked, Choose a tank that is different from the current tank in MT Select Menu, Tank hp will recover to Maxhealth(7000). But after the second click it doesn't reappear and will inherit health normally.

2. Warp Ability glitch.. please look video.

3. Tank "Glow Type" set to 1, Glow outline visible through the walls, AI tank and control tank it does. But control when handed back to AI, Glow outline visible only on sight..

4. Sometimes the tank that takeover is not the MT tank but the official default tank..
Normal takeover is display MT tank note and the prompt of takeover plugin. When it is not normal, only display the prompt of takeover plugin.
e.g: In c1m4_atrium. If a tank is takeover during refueling, the tank takeover will be the official default tank and will not skip ghost mode when "Force Spawn" is set to "0.1"..

Last edited by yuzumi; 03-16-2022 at 07:43.
Foxy0606
Old 03-16-2022 , 01:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Find
Code:
""X Range Chance"			"15.0""
in each tank and change it to whatever chance you want.

Code:
"Jump Duration"				"5"
Find "Announcements" section in your config file and start from there.

Highly recommend: You should check the INFORMATIONs and WIKI page of Mutant Tanks on Github.

Got it, thank you
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2022 , 10:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Found the reason why damage was inconsistent, it was due to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284273 which I find unfortunate because I do really want to keep that feature, I'm sure something can be done although it'd be nice I think to have it implemented with Mutant Tanks. Till then I'll have it disabled to keep experimenting.

Edit: To my surprise, none of the alternatives work either. Everything but Lux plugin is pretty much broken.
Which feature of Lux's plugin would you want to be implemented in Mutant Tanks?

Edit: I think you can solve the damage inconsistency by setting "rtp_KnockBackPreIncap" to "0" since that is the setting that causes damage to incapacitate the target before being damaged by the Tank's claw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzumi View Post
In version 8.91. I use "Control Zombies In Co-op by sorallll" control Tank in coop mode.

1. "Spawn Mode" set to 1, Spawn Tank is MT tank and show MT tank select menu.. First select will recover tank health to Maxhealth, Shouldn't the tank HP be converted as a percentage of the previous tank remaining HP?
e.g: Tank Maxhealth is 7000. Less than 7000 health after being attacked, Choose a tank that is different from the current tank in MT Select Menu, Tank hp will recover to Maxhealth(7000). But after the second click it doesn't reappear and will inherit health normally.
The one-time full health refill is intentional, but it's only supposed to happen if the player has not taken any damage. I'll change it to what you suggested about retaining the percentage of remaining health.

Quote:
2. Warp Ability glitch.. please look video.
I can probably fix this by preventing teleportation if the survivor's position is in a narrow area.

Quote:
3. Tank "Glow Type" set to 1, Glow outline visible through the walls, AI tank and control tank it does. But control when handed back to AI, Glow outline visible only on sight..
I think it may have to do with the glow settings not resetting for Player->AI, only AI->Player. I can force-reset it for both cases then.

Quote:
4. Sometimes the tank that takeover is not the MT tank but the official default tank..
Normal takeover is display MT tank note and the prompt of takeover plugin. When it is not normal, only display the prompt of takeover plugin.
e.g: In c1m4_atrium. If a tank is takeover during refueling, the tank takeover will be the official default tank and will not skip ghost mode when "Force Spawn" is set to "0.1"..
When this happens, is the Tank spawning for the first time or being passed to a different player?

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-16-2022 at 11:08.
yuzumi
Old 03-16-2022 , 21:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
When this happens, is the Tank spawning for the first time or being passed to a different player?
Player in the following situations is set to takeover the tank.
- While the player reviveing other incapped survivor.
- Player will during refueling gas.
The tank that takes over will become the vanilla default tank.

Sometimes my words are not complete, Please look this video.~

Last edited by yuzumi; 03-16-2022 at 21:28.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2022 , 03:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1269

Quote:
Player in the following situations is set to takeover the tank.
- While the player reviveing other incapped survivor.
- Player will during refueling gas.
The tank that takes over will become the vanilla default tank.

Sometimes my words are not complete, Please look this video.~
Okay, I think I understand now. I will see what I can do.

Edit: Try the latest commit. It turns out that I just needed to change the force-spawn timer to keep repeating until the Tank is no longer a ghost. The code for catching "late-spawns" is already there.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 03-17-2022 at 09:10.
yuzumi
Old 03-17-2022 , 22:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Okay, I think I understand now. I will see what I can do.

Edit: Try the latest commit. It turns out that I just needed to change the force-spawn timer to keep repeating until the Tank is no longer a ghost. The code for catching "late-spawns" is already there.
Thank You~