Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Change Gravity on Portal or HL2Ep2

Post New Thread Reply   

Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-16-2009 , 13:26   Change Gravity on Portal or HL2Ep2
Reply With Quote #1

I know this is a little odd but I can't find any good answers on the net and this is my last resort to see if the knowledgeable folks here can offer any definitive answer.

I have changed the gravity In my CS:S server, and single player games of HL, HL2, HL2Ep1, and others because the gravity cvar is not hidden. When we had a TF2 server and in our current L4D servers we change the gravity using sourcemod to expose the cvar .

Since OrangeBox was released, Valve has puzzled me and my game play by hiding the gravity cvar. So the question is...

Is there any way to change the gravity in Portal and/or HL2Ep2? Is there any kind of mod that can do this?
Greg_Sucks
Old 11-16-2009 , 19:53   Re: Change Gravity on Portal or HL2Ep2
Reply With Quote #2

sv_gravity someinteger (I'm pretty sure 800 is default, but don't hold me to that). I've used that on portal just fine. Can't say about HL2:Ep2
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-17-2009 , 00:04   Re: Change Gravity on Portal or HL2Ep2
Reply With Quote #3

sv_gravity 85 or 200 is what I normally do, but it doesn't work on HL2Ep2 and I didn't think it worked on Portal. I will load up Portal soon to check, but I know that sv_gravity doesn't show as a valid command on Ep2.