12% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Natural
Old 10-02-2009 , 10:12   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
You don't have external connections enabled in MySQL. Check with your host about using your database from an outside server.
I've got full root rights and have enabled external connections in MySQL. The MySQL-Server is on the same machine but i want to use it external. But both ways don'nt run.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2009 , 19:05   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #652

In your database.cfg, do you have "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" for your hostname?
Old 10-03-2009 , 14:09   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #653

Quote:
In your database.cfg, do you have "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" for your hostname?
I had localhost but know 127.0.0.1 and it seems to work. THX.
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-03-2009 , 14:39   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #654

Quote:
As anon666 said, you need to check your actual revision number either in-game or in a console such as HLSW. If you type "sm version" it should give you some info, including your current build/revision number. That's what you want to look at.

Really though, what you need to do is just upgrade SourceMod to the latest 1.2 or 1.3 Snapshot (not release) and everything should work.

Don't worry about compiling the plugin.
Actually, "sm" "sm version" and "sm revision" in the game console all gave the same info that I originally posted - the version number and no revision number (Linux server if that matters). However, with anon666 graciously giving the link, it became obvious that I needed the latest snapshot of 1.2.4 based upon the revision number that you posted.

All plugins are now working correctly. Thank you very much for the assistance! Karma to you both!
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2009 , 00:30   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #655

Not a problem.
Old 10-04-2009 , 14:23   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #656

Can anyone help me with this a bit... I started working with this plugin so that it would support also the Versus game mode.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=104488

Last edited by muukis; 10-04-2009 at 14:39.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2009 , 19:29   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #657

muukis I'd like to talk to you at some point about that. If you want to develop your own plugin that's fine, but I am going to finish Survival and do Versus stats at some point soon. I'll be happy to include any of your code that is pertinent, and I'd rather not make your plugin obsolete.
Old 10-09-2009 , 04:23   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #658

This is my desperate attempt to go the easiest way for listing new features and other modifications you asked from me. I can try to get a more descriptive answer if needed, but if you settle for this I am happy. Please be aware that I am still developing the Versus support as much as I have spare time, so the outcome will change.

In short:
  • UTF-8 problem seems to be fixed with the small mod I did in ConnectDB. I no longer have any new weird looking player names in the DB.
  • Boomer blind counter and Perfect Blindness award for blinding at least 4 survivors.
  • Hunter Good and Perfect Pounces.
  • Tank Bulldozer.
  • MedKit use point reduction.
  • Friendly fire cooldown disabled/player specific/general.
  • Survivor incapped and killed counter.
  • Fall damage detection and externally hurt survivor detection. "External" means when a player is under influence of for instance Boomer Blindness, normal zombie damage is forwarded to Boomer inflicted damage counter.
  • And probably a lot more...
Look into the attached file to get specific file differences.
Attached Files
File Type: zip L4D_stats_diff.zip (65.4 KB, 135 views)
dacomb
Old 10-13-2009 , 23:08   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #659

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered but sifting through 60+ pages is tedious at the moment...

I have a question about Points.

Is there a way to change the points system so that things like Disturb Witch don't count against you?

For instance, the folks I play with, we all really enjoy killing the witch.
Why does this need to be a negative in the first place?
Shouldn't that be optional as to whether it counts against your or not?

Also, we generally only play expert and as such we kill each other in the Safe Room when black and white or really low on health...
Is there a way to turn off killing friendlies as a negative against points?

The folks I play with, we aren't really competitive but it's fun to keep track of kills and things however, your plugin is the only comprehensive stat tracker that I've found.
I'd just like to be able to have a little more control over how points are awarded based on our style of play.

Thanks!
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-14-2009 , 09:34   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacomb View Post
Is there a way to change the points system so that things like Disturb Witch don't count against you?

For instance, the folks I play with, we all really enjoy killing the witch.
Why does this need to be a negative in the first place?
Shouldn't that be optional as to whether it counts against your or not?

Also, we generally only play expert and as such we kill each other in the Safe Room when black and white or really low on health...
Is there a way to turn off killing friendlies as a negative against points?

[snip]
I'd just like to be able to have a little more control over how points are awarded based on our style of play.
Killing the witch doesn't count against you, disturbing her does. I was going to give you a walk-through on how to set the points in the config file, but as I was going through I noticed that the three friendly-fire-type options and the witch settings all have a minimum of 1 point, and you really want to be able to set that to 0. Now, I don't mess with the code in plugins, but I will ask one of our guys to look for you unless MSleeper replies before then (or someone else with better info).

We were getting tired of only getting points for 3 tanks per map and thought that it was rediculous to be forced a limit of three and couldn't change it in the config file. So for our servers, one of our guys took the code of the most recent plugin, changed the number of tanks from 3 to something like 100 or something acceptable to us and recompiled the plugin for use on our servers.

I am not sure that changing the minimum to 0 would be an issue, like crashing the server. But hopefully MSleeper will be able to update us soon if it would be an issue.