CS2 Linux Dedicated Server

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-22-2023 , 12:25   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenConn1 View Post
In CS2 under Linux, are cfg files meant to be showing as ".properties" or "C source code" types? I swear mine is all messed up.

System info in screenshot also.
That's just the file type reference, it has no bearing on the actual file. It is correct.

You would only have a problem if when you viewed the contents of the file it was corrupted. Which wasn't shown.
HiddenConn1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-25-2023 , 15:49   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #102

My game has missing models/materials too as below. Still cannot seem to get the CS2 server to work properly. It keeps doing practice/warm up, etc. MM and SM don't work either.

EDIT: Now it shows this in cs2 server console when starting or changing map:
Code:
CNavGenParams - Nav mesh requests project default generation parameters but actual parameters
  used during construction differ from defaults. Please re-export the map.
texturebase.cpp(3489):ResourceHandleToData( materials/effects/lightcookies/slideshow_projector_03.vtex ) failed! Falling back to error texture!
texturebase.cpp(3489):ResourceHandleToData( materials/effects/lightcookies/slideshow_projector_04.vtex ) failed! Falling back to error texture!
texturebase.cpp(3489):ResourceHandleToData( materials/effects/lightcookies/slideshow_projector_02.vtex ) failed! Falling back to error texture!
texturebase.cpp(3489):ResourceHandleToData( materials/effects/lightcookies/slideshow_projector_01.vtex ) failed! Falling back to error texture!
CNavGenParams - Nav mesh requests project default generation parameters but actual parameters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231125204525_1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	202319  

Last edited by HiddenConn1; 11-25-2023 at 16:07.
lugaa
Old 11-29-2023 , 22:43   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #103

https://youtu.be/R3Xv8qNEggs

https://youtu.be/ugOD43M2x_Q

Can someone please fix why it is not changing to the voted map?

i tried with
mp_match_end_changelevel 0 and 1 /I think this should be 0./
mp_match_end_restart 0
mp_endmatch_votenextmap 1

Last edited by lugaa; 11-29-2023 at 22:43.
Wizzardoff
Old 11-30-2023 , 14:30   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #104

Have you tried with default cfgs? Do you have any mm plugin intefereing with native voting?
lugaa
Old 12-02-2023 , 00:54   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #105

sv_parallel_checktransmit 2 Set to 1 to use threaded checkentities for transmit/pvs on listen servers, 2 for dedicated servers. developmentonly gamedll defensive

sv_parallel_packentities 2 Set to 1 to use threaded snapshot sending on listen servers, 2 for dedicated servers. release

sv_parallel_sendsnapshot 2 0: run all send jobs on main thread; 1: send jobs run asynchronously (except on dedicated server); 2: send jobs asynchronously; 3: send jobs run in parallel but block to not overlap the next tick; 4: main server clients' send jobs run in parallel, then HLTV server jobs; this approximately matches pre-async profile for a single HLTV server configuration release

i have dedicated servers
Please advise me how to set it up
and launch options -threads work? cs2
lugaa
Old 12-02-2023 , 00:55   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzardoff View Post
Have you tried with default cfgs? Do you have any mm plugin intefereing with native voting?
I realized this problem is caused by the Plugin I am using, MatchZy
Pintuz
Old 12-05-2023 , 17:55   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #107

Seem like there is still an issue with running workshop map collections, so I made this perl script that I use with the LGSM to let me automate running my workshop map collection on my server, perhaps it can help someone until running workshop map collections is "fully" supported:

https://github.com/Pintuzoft/OSWorkShopFix

Basically its just a serverscript written in perl, it parses the cs2server-console.log file looking for the end of a match, and if it finds it it will use ./cs2server send command and send the ds_workshop_changelevel command to the server with a random available map. the script will query the server for a list of maps which it keeps in memory until it needs it.

Its very simple, its not a plugin, I made it for my Linux server running LGSM, but perhaps it can help someone who wants to run a workshop map collection on their server to actually do that.

There is no voting etc it just randomizes the maps in the map collection the server has loaded.

./Pintuz
safna
Old 12-07-2023 , 08:01   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeNite View Post
Is it already possible to create a cs2 linux server with steamcmd and stuff
Yes, it is possible to create a CS2 (Counter-Strike 2) Linux server using SteamCMD and other necessary tools. SteamCMD is a command-line tool provided by Valve, the company behind Steam, which allows you to install and update game servers on Linux.

To set up a CS2 Linux server with SteamCMD, you would typically follow these steps:

Install SteamCMD: Begin by downloading and installing the SteamCMD tool on your Linux server. You can find the official Valve documentation on how to install SteamCMD for Linux, which provides step-by-step instructions.

Log in to SteamCMD: Once SteamCMD is installed, you'll need to log in using your Steam account. This will grant you access to download and manage the game server files. Launch SteamCMD and enter your Steam credentials to log in.

Download the CS2 server files: After logging in, use the app_update command in SteamCMD to download the Counter-Strike 2 server files. The specific app ID for CS2 might vary, so make sure to check the correct one beforehand.

Configure the server: Once the server files are downloaded, you'll need to configure the CS2 server according to your preferences. This involves setting up server parameters, game modes, maps, and other settings. The configuration process varies depending on the specific game and server administration tools you choose to use.

Launch the server: Once the server is configured, you can start it by running the appropriate command or script provided by the game server files. This will initiate the CS2 server on your Linux machine, allowing players to connect and play.
Austin
Old 12-10-2023 , 15:03   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintuz View Post
Basically its just a serverscript written in perl, it parses the cs2server-console.log file looking for the end of a match
./Pintuz
What a brilliant idea!
This could be used to do all sorts of stuff.

Brilliant!

Thank you!
Gogiv
Old 12-14-2023 , 10:01   Re: CS2 Linux Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #110

Will valve split the dedicated files or make the dedicated standalone like csgo 730/740 apps? Currently downloading the full client/game is the only way to have dedicated server.