Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Precache sounds when: OverrideSoundFootsteps is used.

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2014 , 11:54   Precache sounds when: OverrideSoundFootsteps is used.
Reply With Quote #1

One thing I noticed about the attribute used with mvm giant robots is that the sound is only precached by tf2 itself when mvm is loaded but not when the attribute is used(and possibly other footsteps sound overriding items do precaching of correct sounds and not the game itself) so I request that this extension(may need some sort of matching numbers with sound files to get it to work) to precache the right sounds when needed(like 3 being the giant robots common footstep sounds)
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-11-2014 , 13:25   Re: Precache sounds when: OverrideSoundFootsteps is used.
Reply With Quote #2

TF2Items doesn't, and will not, contain any attribute-specific logic - it's a low-level API.
Old 02-11-2014 , 13:58   Re: Precache sounds when: OverrideSoundFootsteps is used.
Reply With Quote #3

How would you expect TF2Items to do this anyway? Last I checked, the override value alone doesn't tell you which sounds will be used instead.

But yes, Valve only processes scripts/game_sounds_mvm.txt, scripts/game_sounds_vo_mvm.txt, scripts/game_sounds_vo_mvm_handmade.txt, and scripts/game_sounds_vo_mvm_mighty.txt if the game mode is MvM. This is to avoid overflowing the Sounds precache table, which was causing crashes in any mods that precached more than a few sounds after MvM was introduced, such as Freak Fortress 2.

You might be able to write an extension to process those files.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-11-2014 at 13:59.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2014 , 15:34   Re: Precache sounds when: OverrideSoundFootsteps is used.
Reply With Quote #4

Or just manually do it in a plugin that creates the weapons and precaches the sounds.
Edit: I was just requesting it because it gets annoying after a while seeing the mvm sounds not being precached messages when ever someone with the attribute walks(I use it for admin weapons).

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-11-2014 at 15:34.