Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Spawn Sentry on death

Post New Thread Reply   

desynced
Old 02-06-2010 , 02:42   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #31

Great mod! But one problem. We loaded it and everyone was having fun, till someone found out when you switch teams, it will spawn the other team's sentry into that spawn area.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-16-2010 , 03:48   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #32

Hello,

Are you by chance still maintaining this wacky thing?
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-21-2010 , 15:37   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #33

This plugin does not seem to work, either version, nowadays. No messages, logs, etc. and no server crashing either.

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2010 , 17:38   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #34

The Sentrygun netclass changed sometime around 4/28, and this plugin probably has not been updated since. I will release a modified version if anyone has interest (and if the original author isn't around/won't update the plugin of course).
Old 06-22-2010 , 13:38   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
The Sentrygun netclass changed sometime around 4/28, and this plugin probably has not been updated since. I will release a modified version if anyone has interest (and if the original author isn't around/won't update the plugin of course).
Thanks for the info.

I'd certainly appreciate it. Your point about the author is a valid one and I don't know how long plugins go before being marked for Unapproved. But also, if not enough ppl use this, then your other point is also valid...interest.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2010 , 15:35   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #36

Well I know HL-SDK is around still (man, what an uninspired name) so it's up to him if he wants to say it's cool or if he wants to fix it himself.
Old 07-07-2010 , 12:44   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #37

Bump. Are you open to providing the fix at this point given the time that has passed? I think this plugin...might be a good balance w/ the Engie update. lol

Thanks
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-07-2010 , 12:54   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #38

HL-SDK posted a visitor message in his own profile dated: 02-09-10. It says "If you've come here about plugins, I discontinue support for anything I have ever made." http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=46213

So msleeper, please pick this up.
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-12-2010 , 19:27   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #39

Interesting. I haven't had my local Windows-based TF2 server running in at least 6 months, but after getting fed up with the weekly server updates for L4D2, I needed a break. So I updated my TF2 server, updated MM:S and SM, and everything works fine, including the death sentries. Even had some griefers complaining about it.

I am running MM v1.8.3-hg728 and SM v1.3.4-hg3002 on that server with Sentry Spawner v0.4.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-13-2010 , 12:50   Re: [TF2] Spawn Sentry on death
Reply With Quote #40

rawr. You are right Geek_Loco. I got the 0.4 version to work on my server after seeing your post and not having to update SM/MM:S.

I have a Custom Vote setup...that I guess is not working as expected.

I was incorrect in saying that the plugin does not work. My bad. I have not checked the other versions yet though, so keep that in mind.

When this was running...it seemed that when a spawned SG was destroyed...it would say Player A killed "sapper" (sentry gun). The "sapper" is the name applied rather than the player's name that spawned it. Sometimes no name would show in the Kill icon.

I can't remember if it was always like this and this is only a cosmetic thing right now so I'm not too bothered by it. ;)