Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View

Post New Thread Reply   

satannuts
Old 05-29-2010 , 18:15   Re: [L4D] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #11

nice work bro.
I have also been using a thirdperson.cfg with mouse wheel zooming.
and have bound keys in my autoexec.cfg for Q to enable/disable thirdperson and mousewheel for zooming in and out.

Its cool you added movement for the camera also.

I'm kicking myself for not thinking about releasing it as a plugin..
+ rep to you man!
netwolf
Old 05-31-2010 , 11:17   Re: [L4D] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #12

Can you add cvar to disable announce?
panxiaohai
Old 05-31-2010 , 11:25   Re: [L4D] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Can you add cvar to disable announce?
Thanks , I will considerate you suggestion soon.
Cuthbert
Old 05-31-2010 , 17:46   Re: [L4D] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #14

Wicked plugin, thanks! Can't play without it now.
Gurluas
Old 05-31-2010 , 18:12   Re: [L4D] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #15

Awesome ^^ but aint it the same as thirdpersonshoulder?
sudloa
Old 06-03-2010 , 10:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #16

very useful plugin

Thx
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-08-2010 , 08:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #17

This is the most atrocious plugin that I have seen in 18 months! The audacity for an author to code a plugin to bind a client players keys rather than giving them a choice of what to bind IF THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO USE IT AT ALL! The way I see it, it is NOT the right of an author, plugin, or server owner to bind a player's keys! It is the players right and only the players right!

Not everyone binds their keys the same. And it may come as a shock to some who don't help others bind keys, but not everyone uses W, A, S, and D, some use the arrow keys for direction. Some players bind "[" and "]" for admin binds and need to keep them bound for their use.

So, as you can guess, running 3 L4D1/2 servers and co-running more than 10 more L4D1/2 servers, I get on a server that has this and it wipes out my binds for 6 or more keys that I now have to restore from a backup copy of my configs. This is pathetic to say the least. Needless to say when I shared this with the admin that put this plugin on his server, he is now taking it off. Yes I am hot. I never thought that I would get upset at plugin and the author of a plugin, but this takes the cake.
panxiaohai
Old 06-08-2010 , 08:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek_Loco View Post
This is the most atrocious plugin that I have seen in 18 months! The audacity for an author to code a plugin to bind a client players keys rather than giving them a choice of what to bind IF THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO USE IT AT ALL! The way I see it, it is NOT the right of an author, plugin, or server owner to bind a player's keys! It is the players right and only the players right!

Not everyone binds their keys the same. And it may come as a shock to some who don't help others bind keys, but not everyone uses W, A, S, and D, some use the arrow keys for direction. Some players bind "[" and "]" for admin binds and need to keep them bound for their use.

So, as you can guess, running 3 L4D1/2 servers and co-running more than 10 more L4D1/2 servers, I get on a server that has this and it wipes out my binds for 6 or more keys that I now have to restore from a backup copy of my configs. This is pathetic to say the least. Needless to say when I shared this with the admin that put this plugin on his server, he is now taking it off. Yes I am hot. I never thought that I would get upset at plugin and the author of a plugin, but this takes the cake.
Thank you for comment very much, but you can decide whether to use this plugins after your reading the destription:
Press [ and ] toggle view between first person and third person, or say !1 and !3.
When in third person, you can press arrow keys to adjust view.
Geek_Loco
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-08-2010 , 08:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #19

This is not about me using the plugin, it is about you (the author) coding a plugin properly so that the player can have control over their keys and configuration.

panxiaohai
Old 06-08-2010 , 12:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ThirdPerson View
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek_Loco View Post
This is not about me using the plugin, it is about you (the author) coding a plugin properly so that the player can have control over their keys and configuration.

I am not think about it before, it was unusual to use "[", "]" and arrow keys for control, so I select it. and I am just writing a plugin and want to share with others.
Do you have some idea for solving this problem?

Last edited by panxiaohai; 06-08-2010 at 12:33.