Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)

Post New Thread Reply   

bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-05-2010 , 01:29   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
bluechester, what are you talking about? FPS will never be stable. You'll always have jitter whatever hardware you're running and no matter how 'right' you think your configuration is. Even with a usleep of 100,000+ it'll never be consistent. It doesn't matter what engine you're using too.
It doesn't matter what engine you're using? So, you're basically saying that HL1 engine and HL2 engines are completely the same and do not have variations in the code. There are some graphs on the srcds forum that show constant fps. I have also never stated that it will be pure constant, I said it might jump withing 5-10 units, maybe more.
RaMMz
Old 02-05-2010 , 01:32   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechester View Post
It always depends on the hardware, Ram, bandwidth. I can not give you perfect or any configuration because I do not have access to your machine. You always need to play around with it and find what is best for your setup. It depends on everything, the number of slots, addons used, bandwidth, hardware (have mentioned that before).
Ok then, could you tell me how many standard hl1 servers can support this?:

- Athlon x4 630 (2.8ghz)
- 4gb ram
- 10mbps //

Thanks
Send a message via ICQ to RaMMz Send a message via MSN to RaMMz Send a message via Yahoo to RaMMz Send a message via Skype™ to RaMMz
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-05-2010 , 01:35   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #23

Well, around 130 slots, but not so sure about your uplink, you would need to increase that to a 20.
RaMMz
Old 02-05-2010 , 01:43   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechester View Post
Well, around 130 slots, but not so sure about your uplink, you would need to increase that to a 20.
Assuming that i have 100mbps, how many slots LIMITED BY PROCESSOR ONLY could be?
Send a message via ICQ to RaMMz Send a message via MSN to RaMMz Send a message via Yahoo to RaMMz Send a message via Skype™ to RaMMz
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-05-2010 , 01:55   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #25

Well, I would say 4 full servers + a 14-20 slot one, all running at 100-150 fps.
marianow
Old 02-05-2010 , 02:09   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #26

5x18 Slots Full, at 100fps.

pd: donde hosteas?
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 02-05-2010 , 15:08   Re: 1000 fps (How to lock fps again?)
Reply With Quote #27

bluechester, don't put words in my mouth. Read what I just said, I said no matter what you're using (hlds/srcds or any other game server of some sort) your FPS will never be stable. Now imagine the users that are reading this forum, they see the word 'stable' they think OH SHIT 1000fps 24/7. That's why you need to be careful at what you're saying. Which is why I said FPS will never ever be stable. Fuck the fpsmeter graphs, go measure the actual wakeup latency and then tell me that I'm wrong because I can assure you that you'll always have jitter no matter how much low latency you chug in to your userland apps.