Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

PopeLightning - added some fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

Throstur
Old 04-26-2006 , 17:25  
Reply With Quote #41

if i remember right a plugin which was called amx_foudre did the same thing (it was by some french guy)

So give credits to the original author!
Send a message via AIM to Throstur Send a message via MSN to Throstur
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-11-2006 , 08:38   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #42

Images / Screenshot link is dead.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-12-2006 , 20:17   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #43

where's the sounds or am i a year late?
Old 12-12-2006 , 20:48   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #44

There are no extra sound files, you already have them.

For future reference, if a plugin requires additional files then there will be an attachment or link of the files on the first post of a plugins thread by its author.
Send a message via AIM to s p l i t Send a message via MSN to s p l i t
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2019 , 19:01   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #45

Check your logs if you use this plugin.
BUG
Flooding log with:
L 01/16/2019 - 17:14:29: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "amx_popelightning.amxx", version "4.00")
L 01/16/2019 - 17:14:29: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "remove_entity")
L 01/16/2019 - 17:14:29: [AMXX] [0] amx_popelightning.sma::removesparks (line 361)

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 01-16-2019 at 21:02.
Kidev
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2019 , 00:07   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #46

Try this, here's the culprit ;)
PHP Code:
remove_entity(sparks[posistion][i]) 
=>
PHP Code:
if (is_valid_ent(sparks[posistion][i])) {

remove_entity(sparks[posistion][i])

Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_popelightning.sma - 363 views - 19.1 KB)

Last edited by Kidev; 01-19-2019 at 00:09.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2019 , 15:40   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #47

Thanks buddy. Good mentor and extra pair of alert and knowledgeable eyes. The compiler let us know what line. I did not know what pawn syntax it needed to debug. This really helps me look forward to adding a little style to plain slay etc for future use. Also the usability. Remaking it so the commands are more intuitive and more secular is where it is at! amx_skybolt <TARGET>, amx_sidebolt <TARGET>, amx_sightbolt. Pope should be a healing plugin. The beams looked off to me also. It looked like a plain copy and paste from the manual. IE where it says sprite it says sprite instead of an actual spritename and same with nearby line like fps shows fps instead of a number and there isn't anything defined to show what the fps of the lightening is set to be from what I could see.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 02-06-2019 at 14:39.
rowroz
Old 02-01-2019 , 17:04   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #48

Can anyone help me i want to use it for banning not slaying
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2019 , 14:37   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #49

Fancy ban? Doable. This plugin I see invalid player so often I do not even use it, mend or test it any further. Scrap. Using anything GoldSrc including plain HL1 and Admin Mod in console writeid fails as in blank file net result. So until Valve fixes GoldSource, we are faced with amx_ban to cap the ID on the fly. Victim/Target has to be connected for amx_ban to work. Perfect as you want some public execution spectacle or monument. Now once we make the effects cooler than the game itself users are doing to want to be banned. If you think I am kidding... Why not use TE_EXPLODEMODEL as it works consistently? When making any command effective. That is stop seeing annoying invalid player spam instead of working plugin. It here has to be in double quotes because of the SteamID.

I have since changed directions automating bans off IP (as it still works) with nothing fancy based on select behavior. Then I found a AFK plugin with 1 outcome kick. I remade it with 24 outcomes. You might like it. There is a lot to do like change out includes to pcvars etc. One of the outcomes is map sized beacon honing into camper/afk spot.

The speech bans will become a sql llama type deal later. Banning is too easy. Let's give them what they have coming embarrassment as an BAN-capitol punishment alternative.

Good luck with this.
Old 06-09-2021 , 10:47   Re: PopeLightning - added some fixes
Reply With Quote #50

I tested the plugin and as I expected, I didn't like it! I don't know how such a plugin is approved, I even strongly doubt that children would use it.