Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Luds Weapon Restrictions (Ludwig Van)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   devicenull (200)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2004 , 12:05   Luds Weapon Restrictions (Ludwig Van)
Reply With Quote #1

Basic post of this plugin, nothing special done to it yet.

It needs a LOT of work to get it up to speed and working properly and nicely. But I also need people to test it out and let me know what you would lie it to do and whats not working right.

Please post any issues ytou have below and I will slowly work on getting this plugin working better.

If you get a crash please tell me as much info as possible so I can debug it.

updated 6/21/04 - added in dVIAN's chat message changes.
changed all log_to_file to log_amx (this is how it should be).
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_ejl_weapon_restrict.sma - 4403 views - 53.1 KB)
Old 06-20-2004 , 13:42  
Reply With Quote #2

sugjestion: Add restriction if players name == [NO C-D]/[OLD C-D]. Also make restrictions if it doesnt.

OLD C-D isn't much of a problem no morez, cause you need the latest version for it to work.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2004 , 14:35  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthesniper
sugjestion: Add restriction if players name == [NO C-D]/[OLD C-D]. Also make restrictions if it doesnt.

OLD C-D isn't much of a problem no morez, cause you need the latest version for it to work.
so you want mode where you can pick a restriction setting for players with the no C-D tag, like so you could set it to no CD players always only can use pistols? or knife, or submachine guns or, w/e basically?

I'll add this to my todo list, sounds like a good idea some people might find useful.
Old 06-20-2004 , 16:12  
Reply With Quote #4

hey no suggestions for additions, but maybe like you said, give this plugin an overhaul. how long would it take to get this plugin working like it should? oh and is your voting plugin ready yet? and thanks again for this plugin. well one suggestion... maybe make it so you can restrict any one weapon, along with the groups, like the amxx rest plugin.. that way you wouldn't have to use two plugins....
Old 06-20-2004 , 18:30  
Reply With Quote #5

Maybe add the option to vote_knifea or vote_knife into the plugin. it lacks that... so by saying it need alot of work, are you saying that the tags need to be changed? like [AMX] to [AMXX} or what? i changed all of mine already. i also found that the log file its trying to write to was being directed at addons/amx/admin.log. i simply changed mine to addons/amxx/configs/admin.log. i also noticed alot of spelling/grammar errors, not to be picky just thought id mention it. because no one is perfect. i spell wrong all the time. thanks again jtp
Old 06-20-2004 , 18:34  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthesniper

so you want mode where you can pick a restriction setting for players with the no C-D tag, like so you could set it to no CD players always only can use pistols? or knife, or submachine guns or, w/e basically?

I'll add this to my todo list, sounds like a good idea some people might find useful.
Like they can't use AWP, Shield, Auto-Snipers, Smoke Nades, auto-shotgun, etc, etc.
dVIAN
Old 06-20-2004 , 20:50  
Reply With Quote #7

another equest could be the ability to resctrict all weapons from individual players or teams. for example the command could be amx_restrictall dvian 1
and amx_restrictall @CT 1 and to undo amx_restrictall dvian 0 etc that would be useful if you just want one player or team to not be able to buy anything.
if it would help you go any faster, you could explain to me what cleaning up the code requires and maybe i could start on it...
Old 06-20-2004 , 20:53  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dVIAN
another equest could be the ability to resctrict all weapons from individual players or teams. for example the command could be amx_restrictall dvian 1
and amx_restrictall @CT 1 and to undo amx_restrictall dvian 0 etc that would be useful if you just want one player or team to not be able to buy anything.
if it would help you go any faster, you could explain to me what cleaning up the code requires and maybe i could start on it...
*COUGH* *COUGH* ADMIN ABUSE! *COUGH*
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2004 , 23:15  
Reply With Quote #9

it doesn;t have the individual restrict options in it because its not made to be a reaplcement to the orginal restrict plugin, but a supliment. It actuaslly uses the original restrict plugin to do the menu restrictions and then it also adds the thing were it makes people drop the gun and the votes.

my vote plugin, i got the basics working on that. Got it parsing a config file which was the hardest part. Still need to majorly clean the code up and make some pretty HUD messages.

Also got the spacedude hook port going, adding in some other hook modes that are used in shero (batgirl zipreel and the spiderman reel hook) so that one wont be ready for a little bit.
Old 06-20-2004 , 23:57  
Reply With Quote #10

Can you make it do individual restrictions? Cause I really need a NO C-D weapon restrictions.