Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is more than 32 players possible ?

Post New Thread Reply   

goodman3
Old 06-14-2018 , 02:10   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If it's possible, it will be extremely unlikely that it would be playable. IIRC, this has been asked before (it's been a while) so it might be worth trying to find that thread to see what was said there.
I think the plugin can make some adjustment about that. If it is possible, could you tell me which keyword will I need to search that post? Thanks!
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-14-2018 , 04:33   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #12

I doubt it will be playable, but it sounds like a cool idea. I'm bored so I may give it a try, just for fun.
Old 06-14-2018 , 05:55   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
I doubt it will be playable, but it sounds like a cool idea. I'm bored so I may give it a try, just for fun.
I don't think lag compensation will work for those, so gunplay will be awful.
Old 06-14-2018 , 06:04   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
I don't think lag compensation will work for those, so gunplay will be awful.
You can give assign friendly player as fake player , and real player for enemies. Since friendly target doesn't need much gunplay.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2018 , 04:14   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Is more than 32 players possible ?
anything is possible.

do we have a working means? NO

will anyone do this? NO (unless you have a lot of money and want to hire a experienced crew)

it's to much work, rewriting the engine, everything from scratch, even the plugins, all of them would have to be rewritten, plus it would be illegal, without valve written consent.

you are not the first to think this, not even close, this idea has been around for over 10 years and never seen anything done, i have seen big topic about this a while ago, and didn't work out!
goodman3
Old 06-15-2018 , 08:17   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
anything is possible.

do we have a working means? NO

will anyone do this? NO (unless you have a lot of money and want to hire a experienced crew)

it's to much work, rewriting the engine, everything from scratch, even the plugins, all of them would have to be rewritten, plus it would be illegal, without valve written consent.

you are not the first to think this, not even close, this idea has been around for over 10 years and never seen anything done, i have seen big topic about this a while ago, and didn't work out!
Maybe this time we should do it minimal. Like pure cs1.6 de_ + minimal metamod support + really simple map.

We shouldn't try to fulfil all functions, even simpler function like chat, dropping guns, throw grenades can be ignored in first place. We can focus just gun play. It's a big work, but we don't have to make it bigger.

Imagine 64 players in dust2! How cool is that? Who cares if you can't chat or dropping guns?

And about the whole 'it's not worth it' thing, these topic are meaningless. Sure cs1.6 is old and unmaintained , you can tell me to create with better engine like unreal, unity or sth. But basically you can deal with every thread with that answer.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2018 , 09:55   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman3 View Post
Imagine 64 players in dust2! How cool is that?
That sounds dreadfully terrible.
Old 06-21-2018 , 02:22   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Maybe this time we should do it minimal. Like pure cs1.6 de_ + minimal metamod support + really simple map.

We shouldn't try to fulfil all functions, even simpler function like chat, dropping guns, throw grenades can be ignored in first place. We can focus just gun play. It's a big work, but we don't have to make it bigger.

Imagine 64 players in dust2! How cool is that? Who cares if you can't chat or dropping guns?

And about the whole 'it's not worth it' thing, these topic are meaningless. Sure cs1.6 is old and unmaintained , you can tell me to create with better engine like unreal, unity or sth. But basically you can deal with every thread with that answer.
I insist. You're asking for a engine rewritement. Start aiming to other engines which allows more than 32 players. You are requesting this from complete ignorance, because you're not assimilating our words as developers/researchers/programmers. You're not understanding how big would be to implement a playable-way to have more than 1 player. Client must be edited also, because it wont be playable, trust me. This could be done as an experimental work (only for your consolation) and nothing else, coming from a trusted scripter for sure.

@tarsisd2 gave you the right answer. This has been discussed several times before. In case of having a client source code in developer's hands, there would exists a chance to extend it (if you don't want to understand why this is required, better don't argue), but we do not know how far away that is from us. Valve wants dead this game.
goodman3
Old 06-21-2018 , 09:22   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS View Post
I insist. You're asking for a engine rewritement. Start aiming to other engines which allows more than 32 players. You are requesting this from complete ignorance, because you're not assimilating our words as developers/researchers/programmers. You're not understanding how big would be to implement a playable-way to have more than 1 player. Client must be edited also, because it wont be playable, trust me. This could be done as an experimental work (only for your consolation) and nothing else, coming from a trusted scripter for sure.

@tarsisd2 gave you the right answer. This has been discussed several times before. In case of having a client source code in developer's hands, there would exists a chance to extend it (if you don't want to understand why this is required, better don't argue), but we do not know how far away that is from us. Valve wants dead this game.
What give you the impression of I'm not a programmer? If you insist, that's fine. I'm not asking anyone to achieve this. I'm just asking if that's possible.
And you guys keep telling me that no one will do it, which is so obvious. Thanks for not answering the question.
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 06-23-2018 , 18:34   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
I'm just asking if that's possible.
Question answered many times in this thread while you keep insisting on things out of your knowledge.