Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The way things are done here???

Post New Thread Reply   

rx1983
Old 02-11-2011 , 20:03   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #11

down YamiKaitou
up
Exolent[jNr]

Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 20:29   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Perhaps it's just because you're not 100% fluent in English. However that phrasing can be taken as sarcastic and insulting.

Welcome to the Internet where things can't be related to real life situations. It's a forum, not real life. If you have to take someone out they're not going to die. They're not going to suddenly lose all access to the world around them.

In your view you might as well never ban anyone or deal with problems then. I don't relate my views on society to forums because they don't work the same way.

And if it wasn't a lie? Or perhaps we don't have things called translators anymore. Maybe Google doesn't exist. Can't be translating pages now can we? Or how do you know Greentryst ISN'T Romanian?

Sarcasm is not the same as insulting.
You do know the difference don't you?

In my experience people tend to organise things even in virtual space the way it's suit their life stile so more often than not people's view on their surroundings is similar with views about home, politics,work and fun (like siberspace).
However, to say that you have the extreme opposite opinion about politics then your opinion about the community where you have fun everyday is a little far fetched (my opinion).
It just looks like you dissociate yourself from your own opinion and that's weird.

How do i know that Greentryst is not Romanian?
I have a gut feeling but i can still proofe it.
Can you proofe it that those discussion even exists?
Maybe you can use Google to find ComisarSS's posts and comb throw them, translate them to understand them and them post links about them.hahahahah
Have you any ideea how ridiculous you sound?
I will give a year to do that,not just a couple of hours like Greentryst had.
I stil can't believe you actually believe that.hahahaha
Ok, this post was meant for the main administrators and the whole staff could see that you are a true defender of anyone in power but as i said i am waiting for an answer from the main administrators not your opinion over and over and over again.
fang
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:04   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #13

If you use a sarcastic comment that is directed towards a specific person with a malicious meaning behind it, the person can take it as an insult.

Here's an example:
"Aren't you smart."
If said with a snarky/sarcastic tone, it can be used as an insult. Perhaps you should learn the English language better prior to commenting on my knowledge of it?

Google:

Non-steam (Bannable offense):
Being a douchebag in a server as well as more non-steam evidence:
I'm arguing with you because your basis of questioning is stupid. Perhaps you should've looked for the evidence Greentryst mentioned prior to calling him a liar?

Last edited by fang; 02-11-2011 at 21:10.
Seke
Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:38   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
If you use a sarcastic comment that is directed towards a specific person with a malicious meaning behind it, the person can take it as an insult.

Here's an example:
"Aren't you smart."
If said with a snarky/sarcastic tone, it can be used as an insult. Perhaps you should learn the English language better prior to commenting on my knowledge of it?

Google:

Non-steam (Bannable offense):
Being a douchebag in a server as well as more non-steam evidence:
I'm arguing with you because your basis of questioning is stupid. Perhaps you should've looked for the evidence Greentryst mentioned prior to calling him a liar?

So you can actualy proofe malicious intent in my sarcastic remarks?
If you take my sarcastic remarks as insults is not my fault but i can tell you this for sure: they are not meant to insult you and your insecurities are not my problem.

On the first link i can't see any ComisarSS and on the second all i see is a ban by an admin who admits his guilt for banning him for a stupid reason and is punishen by the owner.
And you see evidence for "being a douchebag"?
Are you for real?
And anyway, how do you even know that that guy is really him?
Do you have his ip?
My basis of questioning is stupid?
Based on what?
On the fact that you say that staff members are allowed to do whatever they want because they have power?
You are getting aggressive on stating the same arguments over and over again.
This thread wasn't even meant for you and now you are spamming it.
I don't however see any moderators taking any action in your case and i'am starting to wonder if that whole thing isn't in fact true..

Last edited by Seke; 02-11-2011 at 21:41.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:47   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #15

I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here.
If you are debating the right/wrong of the admins involved or whether the actions taken toward the banned user were justified, then no success will come because this matter is not up for discussion, at least not here.
If you do want to discuss this, you should PM one of the administrators directly (BAILOPAN, for example).
Opening a thread about such a matter will only create an argument that neither sides will win.

If you do not like how things are run here, then report it to the highest administrator, which is BAILOPAN.
If he shuts down what you are trying to say to him and you are still dissatisfied here, then you should have no reason to be here.

This was a poor choice of going about asking how matters are handled here.

Also, why do you care what happened to another member that was banned at least 2 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx1983 View Post

down YamiKaitou
up
Exolent[jNr]

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
I love you exolent!
Seke
Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 22:01   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here.
If you are debating the right/wrong of the admins involved or whether the actions taken toward the banned user were justified, then no success will come because this matter is not up for discussion, at least not here.
If you do want to discuss this, you should PM one of the administrators directly (BAILOPAN, for example).
Opening a thread about such a matter will only create an argument that neither sides will win.

If you do not like how things are run here, then report it to the highest administrator, which is BAILOPAN.
If he shuts down what you are trying to say to him and you are still dissatisfied here, then you should have no reason to be here.

This was a poor choice of going about asking how matters are handled here.

Also, why do you care what happened to another member that was banned at least 2 years ago?

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
As i said, i am just trying to see if this abuse is in fact the policy of this site..
I know, you're right, this not the way to do it but very often site administrators have the pm disabled or just ignore it.
I can at least make sure he/they see it even though i can't be sure he/they will answer.
That and the fact that this example was in fact the most coherent cricitism i found here and it was severely and abusivly punished.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-11-2011 , 22:58   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #17

You can't read ComisarSS' deleted posts, and really shouldn't be commenting on why they were deleted.
Deletion reasons are irrelevant, anybody who it matters to can just view the post anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seke View Post
I know, you're right, this not the way to do it but very often site administrators have the pm disabled or just ignore it.
dvander (at) alliedmods (dot) net

Last edited by asherkin; 02-11-2011 at 23:03.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-11-2011 , 23:16   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #18

I'm happy to hear complaints, but keep in mind I'm super busy. If you send me a 1,000, poorly worded, rant-induced essay, I'm going to read the first sentence and give you a generic reply. I didn't read any post in this thread except asherkin's.

How to complain:
* Get to the point, and express your point in one or two simple sentences.
* Do not insult people, do not claim you deserve justice. Ask for clarification and be courteous.
* Cite evidence. If I have to go crawling around, there's about a 3% chance it'll end up in your favor.

Also there's about a 0% chance I'll read replies to this thread.
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2011 , 08:23   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #19

Yawn.
The reason he got banned has no concern with you, if it does, reply, if it doesn't, you can PM (oh snap theres a Private Message system in these forums?!?!?!?) and discuss the issue personally.
Dark Knight
Old 02-12-2011 , 12:33   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I'm happy to hear complaints, but keep in mind I'm super busy. If you send me a 1,000, poorly worded, rant-induced essay, I'm going to read the first sentence and give you a generic reply. I didn't read any post in this thread except asherkin's.

How to complain:
* Get to the point, and express your point in one or two simple sentences.
* Do not insult people, do not claim you deserve justice. Ask for clarification and be courteous.
* Cite evidence. If I have to go crawling around, there's about a 3% chance it'll end up in your favor.

Also there's about a 0% chance I'll read replies to this thread.

I do not have any complaints and no injustice has been done to me on this forum (not yet). I don't really care about ComisarSS's problems and i'am not his lawyer.
That was just an example and all i want from you is an answer.

Is your staff's behavior in that thread the site's policy?
Is that simple.