EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2005 , 17:44  
Reply With Quote #81

Update:
Quote:
BAT 1.0.0 Public RC9
- Added: admin_list now shows the IP of players
- Fixed: visableslots not being reset correctly if reservedslots sytem was disabled
@Matz you need both the hl2sdk and the sourcemm sdk to compile it. I talked to BAILOPAN about MySQL support and he says he is gonna look into impimenting it ( I guess either a example plugin or function into sourcemm ). Best case senario he will be able to do that the next week, and i add support in BAT after that.
Arsenic0
Old 12-16-2005 , 01:28   Re: HL2DM-based mods will be growing fast
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic0
So your not adding the text driven menu's in the meantime?
I will if you can explain to me how to code against a API that dont work.
You said this earlier..

flyingmongoose wrote:
What's wrong with the classic non-menu based (chat based) map voting style of adminmod? I honestly always liked that map vote style... That could work for HL2MP hell even as just a standalone plugin, there you go plugin writers, standalone text based map voting system .

Pft, i was gonna suggest that, but i forgot Not realy that hard to code in if its wanted.

@ryker I just tried loading both BAT and stripper on my lan server, no crash. Can you zip up your config and give it to me? So i can see if that crashes?
EDIT: EKS @ Quakenet / Gamesurge you can find mere there

Why do we have to have a fancy menu?
Why not just have the console output
Console> Mapvote
console> 1 - map1
console> 2 - map2
console> type say # to vote for that map

Isnt that how they did it in old HL1 TFC/CS?(its been awhile)

That would theoretically work in any mod ever released. Theres no real benefit to using the menu system in Source.
Send a message via ICQ to Arsenic0 Send a message via AIM to Arsenic0 Send a message via MSN to Arsenic0
Matz
Old 12-16-2005 , 01:54  
Reply With Quote #83

I makes the includes in Tools -> Options -> Projects -> VC++Directories
C:\Spel\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\source sdk\bin
C:\Spel\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\source sdk
D:\Spel\CS\sourcemm-1.1.2-source.tar\sourcemm\sourcehook
D:\Spel\CS\sourcemm-1.1.2-source.tar\sourcemm\sourcemm
D:\Spel\CS\sourcemm-1.1.2-source.tar\sourcemm\

But still I have the same errors, I read the samplecoding manual for sourcemm and there it says you should include the following
From the Include Files menu, add these HL2SDK paths:
* public
* public/dlls
* public/engine
* public/tier0
* public/tier1
* public/vstdlib
* tier1
* lib\public (this should be in your Library Paths!)

I can't find any of these from the SourceSDK you downlod thru steam as mentioned in the begining of the guide: You must have the Valve HL2 SDK, available from your Steam Menu.
Or isn't the Source SDK that's available in the steam menu the same as mentioned in the guide as HL2SDK?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2005 , 11:05  
Reply With Quote #84

@ Arsenic0 I will add text based voting, but i want a stable release first ( RC9 seems stable. Since nobody reported any bugs for RC8. I can only assume RC9 is gonna be good).
I dont think all admins want to update their server so often, so i want to maintain 2 versions.
1 stable and 1 beta, il start working on the beta this weekend i think ( And proberbly rename RC9 to 1.0.0 final ). One of the first things il add to the 1.1 beta will be text based voting as it should be easy to make. If you have a hl2dm server and your willing to beta test please contact me so i can give you the first beta to test it ( preferably via irc or MSN/ICQ )

@Matz
You need to own hl2 for the sourcesdk to be in steam. when you own the sdk, you click on "create a new mod" and make it a custom mod then it extracts the actual sdk files.
If you have more trouble come to IRC Much more realtime, and the #sourcemod channel on GameSurge is a good place if you want to code server side plugins. Btw are you planning on adding mysql support to BAT or creating your own system?
Arsenic0
Old 12-16-2005 , 13:56  
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
@ Arsenic0 I will add text based voting, but i want a stable release first ( RC9 seems stable. Since nobody reported any bugs for RC8. I can only assume RC9 is gonna be good).
I dont think all admins want to update their server so often, so i want to maintain 2 versions.
1 stable and 1 beta, il start working on the beta this weekend i think ( And proberbly rename RC9 to 1.0.0 final ). One of the first things il add to the 1.1 beta will be text based voting as it should be easy to make. If you have a hl2dm server and your willing to beta test please contact me so i can give you the first beta to test it ( preferably via irc or MSN/ICQ )

@Matz
You need to own hl2 for the sourcesdk to be in steam. when you own the sdk, you click on "create a new mod" and make it a custom mod then it extracts the actual sdk files.
If you have more trouble come to IRC Much more realtime, and the #sourcemod channel on GameSurge is a good place if you want to code server side plugins. Btw are you planning on adding mysql support to BAT or creating your own system?
Lol im updating mine constantly I would be very interested in trying your beta build

aim:fuzzeluclin
msn:[email protected]
xfire:fuzzewuzze

Ive thought about messaging you about this on an IM client but you dont have any in your profile
Send a message via ICQ to Arsenic0 Send a message via AIM to Arsenic0 Send a message via MSN to Arsenic0
theape0
Old 12-17-2005 , 14:05  
Reply With Quote #86

is there any chance of addin admin say as green chat like mani's admin say

other than taht it is great

ape
Matz
Old 12-18-2005 , 03:59  
Reply With Quote #87

We currently run a couple of CS servers, CS:S servers and BF2 servers. On the CS servers we have had an own banning system for quite a while and there has been problem on trasfering it to CS:S when there hasn't been any MySql support and my lack of time do do it all from start.

So my plan is to use your plugin is a base for develop an extension with our specific needs. And is't nice that you supply the source code so others can help make use of your findings.
Gravi
Old 12-18-2005 , 06:06   Rank
Reply With Quote #88

will you make a ranking system ?
merlin.huff
Old 12-18-2005 , 09:08  
Reply With Quote #89

A friendly Fire Vote option would be a good addon for this plugin. But I would be nice to be able to let some admins have access to it but not others. Dont know if you could code it that way.

Just to let you know, now running your plugin our 40 man public server. Its good to see CPU use drop now that mani is not running.
Loony - No AWP/Auto's (CS Source) 195.20.109.201:27015
Loony - No AWP/Auto's (CS 1.6) 195.20.109.115:27015
Loony - 24/7 Fun Maps (CS 1.6) 195.20.109.115:27030
Loony - [GUNMOD] (CS Source) 195.20.109.201:27035
Loony - Sourceforts 195.20.109.205:27045
Loony - HL2DM 195.20.109.205:27015
Send a message via MSN to merlin.huff
Rebel
Old 12-18-2005 , 11:51  
Reply With Quote #90

@ EKS: plz keep this plugin as much basic as possible. kiddy admins have yet mani to play with.
so plz, no ranking system, no stats, no idiot sounds or punishment or other useless features.