Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ]removing cafe accounts.....

Post New Thread Reply   

siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-01-2008 , 10:20   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #21

maybe someone has the answer?
siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-02-2008 , 14:02   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #22

does anyone have an idea how to possibly get this plugin too work?

thanks
siosios
p3tsin
Old 04-03-2008 , 10:45   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #23

What you want instead of StrEqual is strncmp. I also cleaned up the code a bit.

Code:
#include <sourcemod> #define PLUGIN_VERSION "0.1" public Plugin:myinfo = {     name = "Anti Café",     author = "V0gelz",     description = "Anti Café",     version = PLUGIN_VERSION,     url = "" }; public OnClientAuthorized(client, const String:authid[]){     //if the SteamID is 8 digits long and the first 3 characters equal "157" or "156"     if(strlen(authid[10]) == 8 && (strncmp(authid[10], "134", 3) == 0)) {         //kick them         ServerCommand("kickid %d", GetClientUserId(client));         PrintToServer("Player: %N  with steamid: %s has been kicked",client,authid);     } }
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2008 , 11:33   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #24

so just out of curiousity would the below function with whitelisting or would i need to change the StrEqual to strncmp on the part readded from the previous code by V0gelz?

Code:
#define PLUGIN_VERSION "0.1"

public Plugin:myinfo = {
    name = "Anti Café",
    author = "V0gelz",
    description = "Anti Café",
    version = PLUGIN_VERSION,
    url = ""
};

public OnClientAuthorized(client, const String:authid[]){
    //if the SteamID is 8 digits long and the first 3 characters equal "157" or "156"
    if(strlen(authid[10]) == 7 && (strncmp(authid[10], "777", 3)== 0) || (strncmp(authid[10], "775", 3) == 0))
{
        // Here you can add or remove the cafe account steamids you allow on the server.
        if( StrEqual(authid[10], "12345678") || StrEqual(authid[10], "12345678") )
        {
            PrintToServer("Player: %N  with steamid: %s has been allowed to play here.",name,authid);
        }
        else
        {
            ServerCommand("kickid %d", GetClientUserId(client));
            PrintToServer("Player: %N  with steamid: %s  has been kicked because of a cafe account. if you would like to be whitelisted please post at www.n00bunlimited.net",name,authid);
        }
    }
}
thanks
siosios

Last edited by siosios; 04-03-2008 at 11:52.
siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2008 , 12:12   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #25

the below compiles with no errors

Code:
#define PLUGIN_VERSION "0.1"

public Plugin:myinfo = {
    name = "Anti Café",
    author = "V0gelz",
    description = "Anti Café",
    version = PLUGIN_VERSION,
    url = ""
};

public OnClientAuthorized(client, const String:authid[]){
//if the SteamID is 8 digits long and the first 3 characters equal "157" or "156"
    if(strlen(authid[10]) == 7 && (strncmp(authid[10], "777", 3)== 0) || (strncmp(authid[10], "775", 3) == 0))
{
        // Here you can add or remove the cafe account steamids you allow on the server.
        if( StrEqual(authid[10], "7750865") || StrEqual(authid[10], "12345678"))
        {
            PrintToServer("Player: %N with Steamid: %s has been allowed to play here.",client,authid);
        }
        else
        {
            ServerCommand("kickid %d", GetClientUserId(client));
            PrintToServer("Player: %N with Steamid: %s  has been kicked because of a cafe account. if you would like to be whitelisted please post at www.n00bunlimited.net",client,authid);
        }
    }
}
going to test it and see what happens
p3tsin
Old 04-03-2008 , 12:23   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #26

Yeah thats fine. Though if you're going to release it here, you'd probably wanna make it read the allowed steamid's from a file so that ppl won't need to edit the sourcecode.
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2008 , 12:26   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #27

LOL i have no idea how to do that. i can mod anything to an extent but i dont know c++ at all so im winging it.

i couldnt have gotten this written with out both of your help thats for sure!

what would be nice is to have it read from a config that you could specify the 3 digits for the range/ranges you want banned and in the same cfg be able to single out complete steam id's that you want white listed

Last edited by siosios; 04-03-2008 at 12:30.
siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2008 , 18:02   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #28

guess im going to try to change up and use the code for reading configs from badnamesban plugin unless someone else has some ideas
INsane_dod
Old 04-19-2008 , 21:07   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #29

This is now a important function, of course that is only my opinion.

The use of Cafe' account abuse is starting to grow, note that this is not real Cafe' Account Owners doing this abuse of the "unlimited Steam ID's"... it is accounts sold by cheat sites.

Ok so these are more popular now, noticing them more and more. Also I am seeing more and more servers blocking accounts via the range of id's. So... if lots more are blocking, where do they go? The servers that have no blocking of these account ranges.
It may reach a point where a server has to have this ability or become a favourite for raging.

Here is a Windows plug-in ... http://lodle.net/archives/7

There is none for Linux.

Anyone want to make a plugin for it in case it does get out of hand and this does snowball into a big problem?

I have only confirmed users in STEAM_0:0:7770000 range, raging and boasting they can't be banned. If you operate a server and you have experienced this, you know what its like...if not, your turn will come soon... IP bans are useless btw.

The above plugin seems to ban (X being any number to ban) STEAM_X:X:77XXXXX.

So a plugin that has a config file to play with to set the range ... with a IP whitelist for real Cafe Account Owners so they are not blocked.

Of course VALVe may step in and fix this... up until now they publicly have not cared... why would they, it's a embarrassing security problem with their commercial product

Last edited by INsane_dod; 04-19-2008 at 21:11.
siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-05-2008 , 02:40   Re: [REQ]removing cafe accounts.....
Reply With Quote #30

well i failed at adding a txt for a whitelist...any ideas tossed out there would be helpful

thanks
siosios