Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Server doesn't show in steam master server list

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2022 , 18:04   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #11

I previously posted the stock Cvar settings. Using them will help. Do you use +ip in startup? Do you have anything next to it?
Old 05-20-2022 , 19:46   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
I previously posted the stock Cvar settings. Using them will help. Do you use +ip in startup? Do you have anything next to it?
I've added the cvar settings already. I'm using +ip 0.0.0.0, and checking in status shows the same IP. However not using +ip also works, albeit it gives the server an internal IP. Both the servers are visible to the public, but do not show up in the master list. Using +ip ExternalIP doesn't work, and the server isn't public anymore. I'm not sure how to return the External IP in the server status, which might be causing the issue.

Last edited by KrazyKat; 05-20-2022 at 19:46.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2022 , 03:18   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #13

Try it without +ip. Your real IP will come up when in DMZ. If it does not and still have problem use +ip <your real outside ip> and box in DMZ in all cases. ALLOW IN on 27015/UDP from ANYWHERE. With this much trouble I would not use +ip or +port at all until this is sorted.

Settings like this:
max_queries_sec 1
max_queries_sec_global 1
max_queries_window 1

That alone will 'hose' HLDS from appearing on the list. Those settings should have never been touched.

If one cannot figure it there comes a time to start over.
Old 05-21-2022 , 03:29   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Try it without +ip. Your real IP will come up when in DMZ. If it does not and still have problem use +ip <your real outside ip> and box in DMZ in all cases. ALLOW IN on 27015/UDP from ANYWHERE. With this much trouble I would not use +ip or +port at all until this is sorted.

Settings like this:
max_queries_sec 1
max_queries_sec_global 1
max_queries_window 1

That alone will 'hose' HLDS from appearing on the list. Those settings should have never been touched.

If one cannot figure it there comes a time to start over.
How do I setup DMZ with iptables on Linux? The server was visible everywhere aside from master list, and could be queried multiple times, even before changing the cvars above. Also, these were the default cvars, and I didn't set them ever before. As I said before, not using +ip set the server status IP to an internal IP, and not the external one, and using +ip External IP didn't work. I'll try it out with DMZ once I know how to set it up.
Moody92
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2022 , 13:06   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
max_queries_sec 1

Increase. That means only 1 person in the world per sec can see your server.

I shared default settings when a server is started in previous post. What is the reason for making this 1 please?
max_queries_sec 1 --> I believe this means maximum query per user per second. Having it 1 might be conservative, up it to 3 or something.

@OP, do you get this when you open your server?

PHP Code:
Connection to Steam servers successful.

VAC secure mode is activated
Can you share with the us the log when you open the server fresh, also what are your run commands?

Lastly, I'm not sure about this but you might be running some really old version of HLDS which might be impacting it. Type version in the console and let's see the version.
KrazyKat
Old 05-22-2022 , 20:31   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #16

I've increased the cvars to the specified value by @DJEarthQuake, however, I still don't see them appear on the master server list.

I get the message, and on every restart, I get "Reconnected to Steam servers." as well. I use the following start-up settings:

Code:
"-game cstrike -strictportbind -secure -master +ip 0.0.0.0 -port 27015 +clientport 27005 +map de_dust2 -maxplayers 32 -pingboost 3 -autoupdate -timeout 5 -debug -condebug -num_edicts 4096 -threads 2 +fps_max 1000 -zone 1024 -heapsize 229376"
I use the latest ReHLDS and ReGameDLL on my server.

Last edited by KrazyKat; 05-22-2022 at 20:31.
Infamanious
Old 05-23-2022 , 03:24   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #17

I was having this problem on windows. Set router for Passthrough, DHCPS fixed and assigned my ip in ipconfig to my external ip. My internal no longer shows as ipv4 in ipconfig. Instead my external is listed as my ipv4 address.

Last edited by Infamanious; 05-23-2022 at 03:24.
Infamanious
Old 05-23-2022 , 03:38   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #18

It turns out the connection to steam servers successful status is not a good indicator to determine if the server is properly configured through your router. I had DMZ or IP pass through disabled however i properly forwarded ports for my internal. My internal ip also stayed the same. My server was functional however would output this error after a few hours of uptime and timeout for all users : CreateBoundSocket: ::bind returned error [no name available](10049).

The fix was to set my routers settings to ip passthrough ( dmz) DPHCS fixed manually set with my computers mac address. In ipconfig before this setting my ipv4 address was listed as my internal but now its listed as my external. Previously i had set my internal as 'default server' which was my mistake at first. Also the settings require a reboot to take place most of the time.

Last edited by Infamanious; 05-23-2022 at 03:39.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-23-2022 , 05:04   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #19

Code:
-game cstrike +map de_dust2 -maxplayers 32 -pingboost 3 +hostname "Bob's Server" +mapchangecfgfile server.cfg -tos -tcp +condebug -noipx
Old 05-23-2022 , 15:42   Re: Server doesn't show in steam master server list
Reply With Quote #20

@Infamanious How did you use DMZ on Linux to achieve this? I'm unable to figure it out, and need some assistance with this.

@DJEarthQuake: Tried this, however it doesn't work either, I believe that the internal IP is the issue, and being able to show the external IP would help fix this.