Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2021 , 17:58   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #971

Like Deagles' Map Management 3.23?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Will show in the votemenu

Code:
   1. fy_iceworld2k (Custom) [GunGame]    2. de_westwood (Custom) [WC3FT]    3. fun_matrix_revolutions (Custom) [No plugins]    4. de_dust [WC3FT]    5. cs_assault_necro (Custom) [This map is totally awesome]
There's the thread in case that might be the only thing Galileo does not offer.
Old 08-10-2021 , 21:54   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercetree View Post
I would like this plugin to work just like the default amxx map chooser . . . [except] to add the text: (no bots), after the map name in the list. That way players will know that particular map will have no bots.
This will add text in parentheses after the map name in the vote. The text is arbitrary so you can add what ever you want. This extra text is loaded from an INI file in the AMX Mod X configs directory. Place "map_extra_text.ini" in the AMX Mod X configs directory. I tested it on Day of Defeat so you'll remove all of my maps and replace them with your own. Any maps that you don't want to have any extra text, simply don't add them to the file.

If something doesn't work like you want or you want to modify this at all, please create a thread in Suggestions/Requests and we'll work in that thread.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (mapchooser.sma - 125 views - 7.5 KB)
File Type: ini map_extra_text.ini (281 Bytes, 79 views)

Last edited by fysiks; 08-10-2021 at 21:58.
Fiercetree
Old 08-12-2021 , 16:19   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
This will add text in parentheses after the map name in the vote. The text is arbitrary so you can add what ever you want. This extra text is loaded from an INI file in the AMX Mod X configs directory. Place "map_extra_text.ini" in the AMX Mod X configs directory. I tested it on Day of Defeat so you'll remove all of my maps and replace them with your own. Any maps that you don't want to have any extra text, simply don't add them to the file.

If something doesn't work like you want or you want to modify this at all, please create a thread in Suggestions/Requests and we'll work in that thread.
Sorry. Just to clarify, do I still install Galileo for your suggestion to work? Also, in any case, the mapchooser.sma file you listed, do I need to replace the one I already have in the scripts folder? Thanks for your help on this matter.
Fiercetree
Old 08-12-2021 , 16:25   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Like Deagles' Map Management 3.23?

There's the thread in case that might be the only thing Galileo does not offer.
Thanks for the help. I did download that. But it was missing a dmaptags.ini file. I saw everything else but that one. Sorry to sound so clueless. I did add the text to the map names and custom did come up, but the text I added did not.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2021 , 22:05   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #975

Quote:
Sorry. Just to clarify, do I still install Galileo for your suggestion to work? Also, in any case, the mapchooser.sma file you listed, do I need to replace the one I already have in the scripts folder? Thanks for your help on this matter.
It has nothing to do with Galileo which is why I said to create a new thread in the Suggestions/Requests section. You only need to replace the mapchooser.amxx file in the plugins folder.
Old 08-13-2021 , 14:18   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It has nothing to do with Galileo which is why I said to create a new thread in the Suggestions/Requests section. You only need to replace the mapchooser.amxx file in the plugins folder.
Hate to hit you back with another issue. I placed the mapchooser.amxx file in the plugins folder and the map_extra_text.ini file in the amxmodx config folder (after removing the maps that were listed and adding JUST the maps with added text. But now the map vote is not automatically coming up 2 mins before the current map ends.
Do I need to configure something else? Do I need to add the maps (with text) in my maps.ini file in my amxmodx config folder, as well?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2021 , 15:27   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #977

Quote:
Hate to hit you back with another issue. I placed the mapchooser.amxx file in the plugins folder and the map_extra_text.ini file in the amxmodx config folder (after removing the maps that were listed and adding JUST the maps with added text. But now the map vote is not automatically coming up 2 mins before the current map ends.
Do I need to configure something else? Do I need to add the maps (with text) in my maps.ini file in my amxmodx config folder, as well?
It's the same old mapchooser so everything about map voting is unchanged. The only thing that was added is this map_extra_text.ini functionality. If the vote is not occurring, that means it is not loading in maps into the plugin. If the maps.ini file in the AMX Mod X config directory exists, it will use that otherwise it will use the file specified by the "mapcyclefile" cvar (usually defaults to "mapcycle.txt" IIRC).

P.S. Please start a new thread in Suggestions/Requests (explaining your original request) so that we can talk about this version of mapchooser there since we are not talking about Galileo.
Old 10-29-2021 , 21:19   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #978

I have tried to find information on pausing the game while voting and so far have been unsuccessful. I have played in servers where the game pauses while the map vote is taking place and I would like to include this feature in my server. Mod is CS 1.6 running Galileo 5.9.1.

Apologize in advance if this has already been discussed.
kirksite
Old 11-03-2021 , 16:03   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #979

I see that Mistrick's Map Manager has this feature, "Freeze_In_Vote", does Galileo have something similar and if not could it be added?
StDenisGamers
Old 12-30-2021 , 15:13   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #980

is there an alternate to this plugin?

It seems to crash my server often enough to break my tea time.

thanks in advance you gais.