Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Need a coder to create a script for CSGO regarding playermodel and prop_dynamic

Post New Thread Reply   

Malaxus
Old 06-06-2019 , 14:11   Re: Need a coder to create a script for CSGO regarding playermodel and prop_dynamic
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
you plan on releasing it with the fortenite dance model/prop included?
Where’d you even get the fortnite model/prop? Wasn’t even mentioned in this.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2019 , 08:09   Re: Need a coder to create a script for CSGO regarding playermodel and prop_dynamic
Reply With Quote #12

8guawong, I've done nothing especiall. I used pre-compiled model with included new anim as a clone and synchronized clone with client's angle and origin, so the moving is not so smooth. And invis of client cause shadow that cannot be disabeld by "DisableShadow" input. Also, I saw a server where somebody uses just smd files in client upload to connect them as a new animation for default model and force client's anim, not a clone. Interesting how it is even possible.

Last edited by Dragokas; 06-07-2019 at 08:10.
Malaxus
Old 06-07-2019 , 19:49   CSGO help with playermodels and custom animsets
Reply With Quote #13

Could someone knowledgeable potentially create a plugin/script that can load a custom animset for a playermodel (custom or default playermodel) so that it may play custom animations (which I have already made)?

Or play a custom animset onto default CSGO playermodels without recompiling?

(this does not involve the usage of prop_dynamic).

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2019 , 21:13   Re: CSGO help with playermodels and custom animsets
Reply With Quote #14

This would not be possible as there's no functions in the source engine to do such a thing that will be clientside predicted. You would have to recompile the models with the new animations and override the clients existing models. This isn't possible without exploits and is really hacky. The only other thing you can do is recompile the orginal models (after decompiling with something like Crowbar) and include the new animation.s Then set the clients model to this new custom model. Playing the animation on a cs player entity would be complicated as it utilizes animation layer netprops which are transmited to clients. Your best bet would be to make the player invisible when they are supposed to run this animation and spawn a new prop dynamic, running the SetAnimation function. However this will not have animation blending effect and will have the client pop to a default position. It becomes very complicated and janky to do something like this from within the source engine from a server side dedicated plugin.
Old 06-07-2019 , 22:26   Re: CSGO help with playermodels and custom animsets
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
This would not be possible as there's no functions in the source engine to do such a thing that will be clientside predicted. You would have to recompile the models with the new animations and override the clients existing models. This isn't possible without exploits and is really hacky. The only other thing you can do is recompile the orginal models (after decompiling with something like Crowbar) and include the new animation.s Then set the clients model to this new custom model. Playing the animation on a cs player entity would be complicated as it utilizes animation layer netprops which are transmited to clients. Your best bet would be to make the player invisible when they are supposed to run this animation and spawn a new prop dynamic, running the SetAnimation function. However this will not have animation blending effect and will have the client pop to a default position. It becomes very complicated and janky to do something like this from within the source engine from a server side dedicated plugin.
Is it possible to change the users playermodel on command? Such as going from a default playermodel to a model (that has an animset of the custom animation on autoplay = always doing custom animation), and switch back to the default model?

I have the prop_dynamic, but it looks half-baked. If the user has a bomb and wishes to do the custom animation w/ prop_dynamic, bomb disappears/goes invisible alongside the original model. If I do the playermodel change/skin changer, the bomb doesn't disappear but rather goes in the hand of the playermodel (if you get what I mean).