Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation

Post New Thread Reply   

Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2015 , 03:03   Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ido Magal
Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation CS:GO dedicated servers will soon require Steam Game Server Login Tokens (GSLTs). This is the existing system that TF2 uses for Favorites migration.
This transition will happen in three stages:
§ Stage 1 [NOW] : The GSLT creation utility goes live: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers. Please test the interface and report back any issues in creating accounts. Note that TF2 server operators can now use this form to create GSLTs for TF2 (AppId 440).
§ Stage 2: An update to CS:GO's dedicated server will include the sv_setsteamaccount convar that allows you to log in with your GSLT. In this stage it will still be possible to run a dedicated server without a GSLT. Anonymous login will happen automatically if no game server login token is specified. Please report back any issues with logging in using the game server login token or otherwise.
§ Stage 3: Anonymous logins will be disabled in CS:GO. Please report back any issues.

Please ask questions in this thread.
Cheers.
http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabbl...n-td10261.html

I'm going to do bit of a q&a up over time.
Q. Where to I register for game server tokens?
A. http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers

Q. Do I need a token for each of my game servers?
A. Yes, you require one token per game server.

Q. Can I update my servers using SteamCMD without a token?
A. Yes, SteamCMD has not changed. Anonymous logind will always work to update services.

Q. I cant connect to or see my servers in the master list.
A. Use the following link determine your servers status: http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...203.189.71.xxx

Last edited by Neuro Toxin; 11-19-2015 at 17:48.
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2015 , 03:23   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #2

Source: http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabbl...n-td10261.html
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2015 , 04:18   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #3

damn those server owners with weapon paints plugins!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2015 , 04:22   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #4

Jesus Christ Valve.. All we asked for was an increased precache table limit, and this is what you do instead..

Last edited by aexi0n; 10-14-2015 at 04:30.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2015 , 04:36   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #5

Cool more hoops for us to jump through, while cracked servers will reign supreme and use all the blacklisted plugins they want.

I love how this only hurts those who follow the rules.
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2015 , 07:27   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #6

Yea now we get to pay $14.99 to run servers for their game. I say we should all send monthly server bills to valve for services rendered.

Last edited by zeroibis; 10-14-2015 at 07:27.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2015 , 09:03   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
Yea now we get to pay $14.99 to run servers for their game. I say we should all send monthly server bills to valve for services rendered.
To my knowledge, the game doesn't need to be on your account to register servers for it.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I don't know about for CS:GO, but for TF2, sv_setsteamaccount has to be set either on the command line, autoexec.cfg, or some other file that executes before the first map change. server.cfg or one of the gamemode configuration file will not work as it gets executed too late.

Additionally, the code must be different for each server. Because of this, if you run a multi-server setup, I suggest putting this in a config file you +exec from the command line. On my test server, I have +exec autoexec_normal.cfg which executes a file in the cfg/ directory named autoexec_normal.cfg.

As for the server registration page, when I looked at it last night, it was failing to list servers I had already registered. Since the same page is used for all games, it should have listed the several TF2 server accounts I've registered.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-14-2015 at 09:05.
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2015 , 09:29   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
To my knowledge, the game doesn't need to be on your account to register servers for it.
It does:

Quote:
Q. What is the purpose of this update?
A. We had intended to adopt Favorites migration from TF2 for some time now. Game Server Providers' complaint about the impact that the current IP banning method has on their operation has made this more urgent since with this feature we'll also be able to shield GSPs from bad actors.

Q. Is this [ new method ] just to generate the token, or if this occurs will the tokens become invalid while that ban/lock is in place?
A. Any such or similar infraction by the GSLT owning Steam User will result in the disabling of all of that user's GSLTs.

Q. So does this mean I can't run a CS:GO server unless I own CS:GO?
A. That will be correct as of Stage 3.

Q. So people need to have landlines to run servers now?
A. No. But there are currently restrictions on what constitutes a qualifying phone number. VOIP / burner numbers are currently non-qualifying.

Q. What specifically happens if you don't log into an account after stage three?
A. The result will be identical to the current IP ban: players will not be able to connect.

Q. So can these tokens be used in place of the webapi_authkey ? will we need BOTH keys now to use the workshop?
A. The webapi authkey was previously an intermediate step to creating a GSLT. It is no longer necessary.

Q. And just to be clear, it's 50 at any one time, not 50 total lifetime, correct?
A. Correct. You can delete unused GSLTs and generate new ones. We're reevaluating the 50 token limit.

Q. Why don't my previously registered servers show up?
A. Fixed.

Last edited by zeroibis; 10-14-2015 at 09:30.
aexi0n
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2015 , 09:59   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #9

So what exactly is going to happen with GSP? Like All my community's servers are ran through NFO, and I don't own the entire box.

Last edited by aexi0n; 10-14-2015 at 09:59.
iBradleyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2015 , 10:32   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexi0n View Post
So what exactly is going to happen with GSP? Like All my community's servers are ran through NFO, and I don't own the entire box.
Same.