Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

One Name

Post New Thread Reply   

GodOfWonders
Old 12-11-2019 , 01:07   One Name
Reply With Quote #1

Was wondering if anyone had a plugin similar to this for CS:GO?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=154865
DiogoOnAir
Old 12-12-2019 , 04:25   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #2

Add me on discord or steam!
Feel free to add me on Discord DiogoOnAir | Config & Developer#7961
Check my website
If you want to buy any server, you can buy it from here!
Datacenters around the world!
B3none
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2019 , 08:42   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #3

That looks like quite a neat plugin! It'd be fun to write. Let me know if "DiogoOnAir" actually helped you. Happy to write this for you
Old 12-20-2019 , 23:57   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #4

Sorry guys. I've been out of town for work a lot lately. I wasn't looking for someone to write it but wondered if someone may have ported it over or not. I'm trying to keep our servers running somewhat similar across game platforms. If someone were to do it that would be awesome but if not it's not a huge deal. It is a nice feature to have though to limit people changing names constantly to avoid bans or try to mask who they are. If someone does want to write it just PM me here and let me know what it may cost to have it done and we can discuss it further. Like I said it's not a huge deal but a nice added feature for my admins on our 1.6 server and would be a nice addition to CS:GO imo.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-21-2019 , 12:11   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #5

Something was posted over in [REQ/CSGO]Player name changer basted on SteamID, however, it uses MySQL database to store names and is tied with the OP's own database structure.

It shouldn't be that hard to change it to something matching your MySQL database structure (if you have a database with the information already), or something that is connected with e.g. your website's forum board (if you run a such one).

If you run any of the player trackers out there, that saves the first name the user ever used in one of the columns of the player tracker database, the SQL query could simply be changed to SELECT directly from that column and it would do almost exactly what you want.

One caveat with this one is that you do not have the 60 seconds to change your name as the one you link to, once the database has a name, that name (or any future adjustments to the name directly in the database) will be the one that will be forced.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
GodOfWonders
Old 12-22-2019 , 00:41   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
Something was posted over in [REQ/CSGO]Player name changer basted on SteamID, however, it uses MySQL database to store names and is tied with the OP's own database structure.

It shouldn't be that hard to change it to something matching your MySQL database structure (if you have a database with the information already), or something that is connected with e.g. your website's forum board (if you run a such one).

If you run any of the player trackers out there, that saves the first name the user ever used in one of the columns of the player tracker database, the SQL query could simply be changed to SELECT directly from that column and it would do almost exactly what you want.

One caveat with this one is that you do not have the 60 seconds to change your name as the one you link to, once the database has a name, that name (or any future adjustments to the name directly in the database) will be the one that will be forced.
I know some AMXX Scripting but know nothing of the SM and GO scripts, working on trying to learn. If I were to dive into this plugin myself and try and convert it over to SM and GO would I have to use MySQL or could I still use a vault file as this one does? I don't mind having to use MySQL but I like the vault file a little better as I'm not trying to force it across servers, just on the one server itself. I could see how MySQL would be very beneficial if I was trying to force the names across servers but I think that would be a bit much.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-23-2019 , 03:13   Re: One Name
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfWonders View Post
I know some AMXX Scripting but know nothing of the SM and GO scripts, working on trying to learn. If I were to dive into this plugin myself and try and convert it over to SM and GO would I have to use MySQL or could I still use a vault file as this one does? I don't mind having to use MySQL but I like the vault file a little better as I'm not trying to force it across servers, just on the one server itself. I could see how MySQL would be very beneficial if I was trying to force the names across servers but I think that would be a bit much.
don't know what "vault" file is but sm have sqlite if you only want it for one server and do not want to use mysql