Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Opens MVM to more upgrade customization!
    Old 10-14-2015 , 10:30   [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #1

CHAOS MVM
    GET READY FOR THE APOCOLYPSE
    (NOW ON GITHUB!)

Chaos MVM is exactly what it sounds like: Pure. Ungodly. CHAOS. How does it achieve this, you may ask? By allowing one to completely rewrite the MVM Shop to allow for bigger, better, and lengthier upgrades! However, because of limitations with the standard official MVM Upgrade Station, this also includes a built-in Custom Shop that allows you to also make CUSTOM UPGRADES. That's right, there's a "Custom" section that allows you to buy plugin-controlled upgrades.

CVARS
    cmvm_usestations: Defaults to 0. Turn to 1 to use MVM's Upgrade Stations. NOTE: Setting this to 1 might require a map restart or two.
    cmvm_upgradefile: Defaults to "configs/sm_chaosmvm_upgrades.txt". This goes in the SourceMod configs folder btw, and is for the Custom Shop.
    cmvm_stationfile: Defaults to "sm_chaosmvm_station". No extension needed, and belongs in your tf/scripts/items folder. It should download automatically for each client, but they'll have to move it manually.

COMMANDS
    sm_parseshop: Reparses both Shop files.
    sm_resetall: This resets every player's money and stats.
    sm_upgrade or sm_buy: Opens the Custom Shop. Bind to a key for easier access.
    sm_reset: Resets your stats and money.

REQUIREMENTS
    Requires TF2Attributes.
    Make sure you're playing MVM.

EXAMPLE CUSTOM UPGRADE PLUGINS
    If you go on the Github page, you'll find some example plugins for special abilities you can buy from the Sourcemod-based Custom Upgrade shop! The included upgrades list file already takes these plugins into account, so it's recommended to either use them or remove them from "sm_chaosmvm_upgrades.txt".

KNOWN QUIRKS/ISSUES
    • If you need to reparse the shop, make sure everyone resets their stats first.
    • Make sure you choose between the normal MVM Upgrade Stations or the Custom Menu before starting the game. That console command can be used on server load. I recommend using the Custom Menu as no one has to download anything or move files around to get it to work.

NOTE: If you use the normal MVM Upgrade Shop, be prepared to have users move the shop file that gets downloaded to their tf/scripts/items folder and then relog for it to work.

Have fun folks! I know I've had my fair share of fun with this. :)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_chaosmvm.sp - 336 views - 43.8 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_chaosmvm.smx (22.2 KB, 376 views)
    File Type: inc sm_chaosmvm.inc (1.5 KB, 347 views)
    File Type: txt sm_chaosmvm_station.txt (13.7 KB, 424 views)
    File Type: txt sm_chaosmvm_upgrades.txt (89.5 KB, 417 views)

Last edited by xkirby; 12-02-2019 at 20:09. Reason: Made quite a few changes and bugfixes. It's still a buggy mess though.
    XaxaXoxo
    Old 10-14-2015 , 18:22   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #2

Hi, the plugin just doesn't run. I have a mistake:
    Quote:
    L 10/15/2015 - 01:15:16: [SM] Native "FindEntityByClassname" reported: Entity 0 (0) is invalid
    L 10/15/2015 - 01:15:16: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_chaosmvm.smx":
    L 10/15/2015 - 01:15:16: [SM] [0] Line 807, sm_chaosmvm.sp::LoadStationStats()
    L 10/15/2015 - 01:15:16: [SM] [1] Line 91, sm_chaosmvm.sp::OnPluginStart()
    xkirby
    Old 10-15-2015 , 17:54   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #3

Just uploaded a potential fix for it. I'm not going to maintain too much of this, but let me know if anything else happens anyway, just in case.
    Old 10-16-2015 , 18:17   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    L 10/17/2015 - 00:43:59: [SM] Native "FindEntityByClassname" reported: Entity 0 (0) is invalid
    L 10/17/2015 - 00:43:59: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_chaosmvm.smx":
    L 10/17/2015 - 00:43:59: [SM] [0] Line 807, C:\Users\XKirby\Desktop\Games I'm Making\SourceMod Stuff\SourcePawn Scripting\sm_chaosmvm.sp::LoadStationStats()
    L 10/17/2015 - 00:43:59: [SM] [1] Line 91, C:\Users\XKirby\Desktop\Games I'm Making\SourceMod Stuff\SourcePawn Scripting\sm_chaosmvm.sp::OnPluginStart()
    Potato Uno
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-16-2015 , 22:46   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #5

When you use FindEntityByClassname you start with -1, not 0.
    xXDeathreusXx
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-16-2015 , 23:02   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
    When you use FindEntityByClassname you start with -1, not 0.
    A brief explanation of this, is that a value of -1 will make the function run through all entities that are present to find the right one with the classname given, while using an actual value will try to retrieve the entity with that entity index, and of course, entity 0 is the world

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
    xkirby
    Old 10-17-2015 , 17:29   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #7

So in other words, I'm setting a value to the wrong number. I think I just fixed it, and I'll upload a fix in a minute.

EDIT: Fix uploaded. If it breaks this time, I think I'll let someone else handle this issue.

Last edited by xkirby; 10-17-2015 at 17:33.
    XaxaXoxo
    Old 10-17-2015 , 20:24   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #8

if cmvm_usestations 1

http://i.imgsafe.org/167d0db.jpg
    http://i.imgsafe.org/13b0aa7.jpg

if cmvm_usestations 0
    PHP Code:
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:39: [SMPlugin encountered error 8Not enough space on the stack
    L 10
    /18/2015 03:04:39: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_chaosmvm.smx":
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 545sm_chaosmvm.sp::BuildUpgradeMenu()
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:39: [SM]   [1]  Line 792sm_chaosmvm.sp::Menu_UpgradeShop()
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:55: [SMPlugin encountered error 8Not enough space on the stack
    L 10
    /18/2015 03:04:55: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_chaosmvm.smx":
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:55: [SM]   [0]  Line 545sm_chaosmvm.sp::BuildUpgradeMenu()
    L 10/18/2015 03:04:55: [SM]   [1]  Line 792sm_chaosmvm.sp::Menu_UpgradeShop()
    L 10/18/2015 03:06:23Error log file session closed
    Sorry, but is there the server, where you can show us the plugin work? I think that you somehow fail changed their plugin before post it.
    xkirby
    Old 10-19-2015 , 09:43   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #9

I've been avoiding reinstalling TF2 for a good reason, so no, I don't have a server I can put up to test this.

That being said, I'll look into the error. Did you install the included .txt files in the correct spots?

EDIT: Turns out I'm using too much information on the "stack", so to speak. I'll have to decrease it. Done, check now. Sorry it keeps having bugs.

Last edited by xkirby; 10-19-2015 at 09:49. Reason: Apology, reuploaded plugin.
    XaxaXoxo
    Old 10-19-2015 , 13:45   Re: [TF2-MVM] Chaos MVM
    Reply With Quote #10

Strange, very strange.
    1. Copy the sm_chaosmvm_upgrades.txt file to tf\addons\sourcemod\configs
    2. Copy the sm_chaosmvm_station.txt file to tf\scripts\items
    3. Copy the sm_chaosmvm_station.txt file to my FastDL server, because when I'm trying connect to the server TF2 tries to download it
    4. Copy the *.smx to plugins folder
    5. Run server
    and every time I get such screen sm_chaosmvm_station (if I used
    cmvm_usestations 1)
    http://i.imgsafe.org/167d0db.jpg
    http://i.imgsafe.org/13b0aa7.jpg

but If I use cmvm_usestations 0 I have a menu that I open through the !buy command and where all the updates are working. I wrote about mistake in server console you fix it.

Help to understand why updates are not running through the station, since the use of the menu is not very convenient and it may scare players.