Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] BeTheGiant

Post New Thread Reply   

Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2015 , 03:02   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #11

Deathrus, I think you canr eplace weapon[1] by client for TF2_AddAttributes because It's no so good to see every attrib like move speed, health additive on the wep, and for remove all of this attrid do like my plugin on respawn
TF2_AttribRemoveAll(client);
SetEntityHealth(1);//Prevent the overheal if you set the high health additive
TF2_Regenerate(client);

And it's done.

Aslo nice plugin.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 04-22-2015 at 03:03.
alexde5
Old 04-26-2015 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #12

Hello there, nice plugin, i always love being a robot, but here's why i'm on here:
Whenever im a giant scout/soldier/medic or demoman giant robot, the console is giving a constant error, lagging the server in the process, and when i disable it for the classes i mentioned, the errors stop.

here's one of them;
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] [0] GetEntProp
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] [1] Line 363, C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\Server Projects\plugins\bethegiant.sp::OnPlayerRunCm d()
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Exception reported: Property "m_iWeaponState" not found (entity 336/tf_weapon_rocketlauncher)
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Blaming plugin: bethegiant.smx
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Call stack trace:

...and so on.

Any ideas on why it's causing that?

Thanks for reading.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2015 , 13:12   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexde5 View Post
Hello there, nice plugin, i always love being a robot, but here's why i'm on here:
Whenever im a giant scout/soldier/medic or demoman giant robot, the console is giving a constant error, lagging the server in the process, and when i disable it for the classes i mentioned, the errors stop.

here's one of them;
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] [1] Line 363, C:\Users\Chris\Dropbox\Server Projects\plugins\bethegiant.sp::OnPlayerRunCm d()
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Exception reported: Property "m_iWeaponState" not found (entity 336/tf_weapon_rocketlauncher)
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Blaming plugin: bethegiant.smx
L 04/26/2015 - 17:056: [SM] Call stack trace:

...and so on.

Any ideas on why it's causing that?

Thanks for reading.
Ah yes, that's a result of me not checking against using a weapon other then a minigun or flamethrower, and so it's trying to get a prop a weapon doesn't have

It's been fixed in the OP

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 04-30-2015 at 13:25. Reason: Update
alexde5
Old 05-01-2015 , 17:34   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Ah yes, that's a result of me not checking against using a weapon other then a minigun or flamethrower, and so it's trying to get a prop a weapon doesn't have

It's been fixed in the OP
Thanks! now i can be a giant robot soldier, kicking ass!
StormishJustice
Old 05-15-2015 , 17:24   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #15

That might sound dumb but can you add the giant footsteps for the giant robots like the creator of betherobot (XP) did?

it looks complete with that anyways..

also you should change the giant medic sounds with the normal robot sounds, not the giant ones because they don't exist.
Send a message via AIM to StormishJustice Send a message via Yahoo to StormishJustice Send a message via Skype™ to StormishJustice
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2015 , 19:49   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormishJustice View Post
That might sound dumb but can you add the giant footsteps for the giant robots like the creator of betherobot (XP) did?

it looks complete with that anyways..

also you should change the giant medic sounds with the normal robot sounds, not the giant ones because they don't exist.
Did you not read? They broke

And the medic does have his voice lines last I checked, but I haven't been on my test server in a while

StormishJustice
Old 05-16-2015 , 09:18   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Did you not read? They broke

And the medic does have his voice lines last I checked, but I haven't been on my test server in a while
1. i didn't noticed that.
2. no offense but i've also checked the TF2 files but i see no giant robot medic voice lines and just because valve added the giant robot medic in MVM, they just didn't added any voice lines for the giant robot medic and it instead uses the normal robot voice files for the medic.. a plugin with a command /giantmedic will be needed if possible.

Protip (ik that they're broke but you might have done something wrong): ask the creator of be the deflector plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=181730 and tell him how did he done that, or just go to the source file of be the giant deflector plugin and copy the footsteps thing, broke again??? no need to make footsteps then.

P.S: you can delete this post if you want.
Send a message via AIM to StormishJustice Send a message via Yahoo to StormishJustice Send a message via Skype™ to StormishJustice
alexde5
Old 05-16-2015 , 09:42   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #18

One suggestion I have (although i'm highly doubting it would be accepted) that you can choose or make your own giant robot variations. if not, perhaps add extra giants for the allowed giants.

Just a suggestion.
StormishJustice
Old 05-16-2015 , 09:53   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #19

Just incase.. not good with scripting and i tried to make an smx using the bethegiant sp and didn't work..

EDIT: I got an idea! how about you let the creator of be the giant deflector heavy to add the footsteps and make it as a plugin replacement instead??? that would be useful and again, i stopped.. if it's not working (why am i arguing)

Last edited by StormishJustice; 05-16-2015 at 09:56. Reason: an idea
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2015 , 11:09   Re: [TF2] BeTheGiant
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexde5 View Post
One suggestion I have (although i'm highly doubting it would be accepted) that you can choose or make your own giant robot variations. if not, perhaps add extra giants for the allowed giants.

Just a suggestion.
I probably won't go that far with it, that will require KeyValue-ing configs, changing or making new equip functions to read those KeyValues, and I'm a lazy bastard

Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll do it, that's when I get things built ironically