Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I need help. Feeling so lost right now

Post New Thread Reply   

framerate
Old 12-05-2017 , 17:08   I need help. Feeling so lost right now
Reply With Quote #1

I basically got tasked by my friends to create a decent CS Source server for us to play on. They had a few requests which I'm struggling to meet.

1. They want the ability to switch multiple game modes as easily as possible. They like to play Gun Game and Deathmatch, and the occasional vanilla CS. So I've installed the following plugins
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
[CS:S/CS:GO] DeathMatch:SM
And a few other small plugins like
ReserveAmmoSetter.smx
noblock.smx
sm_gunmenu.smx

What is the best way of switching game modes on one server? I've tried making gg.cfg and dm.cfg's to make it easy to switch between them, but I'm getting so much other problems doing this.

Some of my major issues are:
a) Server not starting vanilla
b) gg_disable command not working properly, so I'm forced to unload plugins which causes
c) gungame being loaded back up not working properly, dont get weapons at alll, but the countdown, warmup and everything else is working

2. They want the server to be as vanilla /untouched as possible on startup. Only the necessary plugins are allowed to stay, like rtv, nominations, admin plugins and so on. No Gun Game, no Deatmatch or anything like that. Right now I'm struggling to eliminate Gungame from starting at server startup, even with commands like gg_disable or even unloading it seems not doing the trick.

3. If I manage to get the plugins I want enabled and working, and those that I don't want disabled - changing a map either by console or waiting until the round is finished causes all settings to be reverted back to the same settings as when I first started the server

I'm running in to so many problems, that I don't want to create a huge thread about it; maybe I'm asking what is the easiest way of setting up a server that starts vanilla, and can easily be changed to other game modes?

Last edited by framerate; 12-06-2017 at 12:11.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2017 , 14:32   Re: I need help. Feeling so lost right now
Reply With Quote #2

Your best to create multiple server instances.

If you dont want to you can look at a map config plugin that unloads the plugins you dont want and executes the settings you need.
Old 12-08-2017 , 14:30   Re: I need help. Feeling so lost right now
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Your best to create multiple server instances.

If you dont want to you can look at a map config plugin that unloads the plugins you dont want and executes the settings you need.
Thank you so much for replying!

I've done that. I've tried two different things:

1. I have all plugins loaded, but I disable them normally (not unloading) through the deathmatch.cfg or gungame.cfg using the normal commands. Like
Code:
gg_disable
when I want to launch a Deathmatch. This and some other console commands are listed in the .cfg

This doesn't work because I think there is something wrong with Altex's GunGame mode for CSS. It can't be disabled with this command from a cfg, even tho it's the correct command to disable it. I can disable it while its running through the console, but loading the gungame.cfg does not disable it.

2. Second method I used was basically to load /unload every plugin I want and don't want through the cfg, using the
Code:
sm plugins unload <PluginIdontWant>.smx
sm plugins load <PluginsIdoWant
Problem with this is that the Gungame mode doesn't load back properly, it starts normally at level 1 but does not give us guns.

A lot of my problems are due to the gungame plugin being a pain in the ass. I don't want to tell my players to reconnect to a different server when I want to start a different game mode, it's kinda a pain in the ass. Altex, if you're reading this, PM me!