Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-09-2014 , 15:16   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Last I heard, TF2 clients start crashing out if the server has 33 players.
I think that you're thinking of 34 players. 33 is common with 32 player servers that also have SourceTV or Replay.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2014 , 16:33   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #32

I have finally successfully compiled the plugin, but now I get the following Error on startup:

[PATH]: undefined symbol: _ZN10SourceHook4Impl15CSourceHookImplC1Ev

Which is weird, since the Compilation (as mentioned) goes trough without Errors.

BAFFLED
Old 03-09-2014 , 16:43   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Last I heard, TF2 clients start crashing out if the server has 33 players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
I have finally successfully compiled the plugin, but now I get the following Error on startup:

[PATH]: undefined symbol: _ZN10SourceHook4Impl15CSourceHookImplC1Ev

Which is weird, since the Compilation (as mentioned) goes trough without Errors.
You need to compile in the sourcehook files from MM:S. It can't use MM:S's copy at runtime since it's a VSP, not an MM:S plugin (due to it needing to load earlier).

Last edited by psychonic; 03-09-2014 at 16:44.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2014 , 04:14   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
You need to compile in the sourcehook files from MM:S. It can't use MM:S's copy at runtime since it's a VSP, not an MM:S plugin (due to it needing to load earlier).
Yea, I guessed that somehow..

Now, the standard Makefile only supports .o and .a files, so I would need to compile SH to an *.a (static lib) first.
Or would I simply copy the sourcehook*.cpp into the Plugin's source directory?

EDIT:
I have just put the SH cpp files into the Plugin's Source directory and modified the Makefile.
Now it prints out the following Errors:

Code:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* AllocUnattributed(size_t)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:100:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* ReallocUnattributed(void*, size_t)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:105:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* operator new(unsigned int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:370:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void operator delete(void*)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:375:2: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* operator new [](unsigned int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:385:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void operator delete [](void*)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:390:2: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _nh_malloc_dbg(size_t, int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:444:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _malloc_dbg(size_t, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:451:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _calloc_dbg(size_t, size_t, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:458:15: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _realloc_dbg(void*, size_t, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:467:9: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void _free_dbg(void*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:480:2: error: ‘g_pMemAlloc’ was not declared in this scope
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _realloc_dbg(void*, size_t, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:468:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _malloc_dbg(size_t, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:452:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* _nh_malloc_dbg(size_t, int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:445:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* operator new [](unsigned int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:386:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* AllocUnattributed(size_t)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:101:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp: In function ‘void* operator new(unsigned int, int, const char*, int)’:
../public/tier0/memoverride.cpp:371:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make[1]: *** [obj/plr/tier0/memoverride.o] Error 1
Taking a look at tier0/memalloc.h, it's defined here (and memoverride.cpp includes it), so I don't know why it complains here..

EDIT2:

Removing the TIER0_OBJ Stuff from the Makefiles fixes it, and the plugin now compiles & loads successfully!

Last edited by pcmaster; 03-10-2014 at 06:13.
Moshiko014
Old 10-10-2014 , 19:04   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #35

thanks
CaptainNervous
Old 10-02-2015 , 11:40   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #36

This still working? Installed but not working idk how to fix
Despirator
Old 06-13-2017 , 00:01   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #37

Hi psychonic!
Is it possible to change the limit of maxplayers to a higher value than the absolute player limit by the way you done in this plugin?

Edit:
Yep, succeded

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12414.jpg (20.2 KB, 642 views)

Last edited by Despirator; 06-13-2017 at 03:52.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-13-2017 , 07:29   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #38

You can change it to whatever you want, but due to hardcoded array sizes in the engine/game, you will run into client and/or server crashes when you go over the 65 limit.
Despirator
Old 06-13-2017 , 09:46   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
You can change it to whatever you want, but due to hardcoded array sizes in the engine/game, you will run into client and/or server crashes when you go over the 65 limit.
I have seen CS:Source server with 255 slots and it was filled with over 100 players in it. How they did it?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-13-2017 , 11:08   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #40

They faked the player count or had 100 modified clients.