Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Custom flags using command overrides (for user groups)

Post New Thread Reply   

Nanochip
Old 06-13-2016 , 13:47   Custom flags using command overrides (for user groups)
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to accomplish a request I made here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
Spoiler
My ultimate goal here is to implement this into Custom Chat Colors. However, this will be very useful for future permission-based plugins as well.

So, this is what McKay does to check for a flag in order to give that person a "custom chat color" (snipped):
http://pastebin.com/VdTdicqr (using pastebin because for some reason when I try to post this thread, it triggers cloudflare security shit)

And this is my code trying to implement a custom command override rather than a flag (snipped):
http://pastebin.com/fR9QsUfZ

My custom-chatcolors.cfg:
Spoiler

My admin_groups.cfg
Spoiler

My admins.cfg
Spoiler

Since I'm adding the custom override, in admin_groups.cfg under the "Admin" group, shouldn't my CheckCommandAccess return true for me?
Furthermore, I'd like CheckCommandAccess to return false whenever it relies on the default flag (the third argument), however putting -1 didn't seem to accomplish that. Therefore, I put it to ADMFLAG_ROOT since root has access to everything anyways...

I think my issue lies within my lack of knowledge with the CheckCommandAccess function. Or maybe I'm using the wrong function for this situation.

What do I need to know in order to accomplish this? or is this even possible to do?
Old 06-16-2016 , 14:05   Re: Custom flags using command overrides (for user groups)
Reply With Quote #2

Is what I'm trying to do impractical?
Old 06-16-2016 , 15:05   Re: Custom flags using command overrides (for user groups)
Reply With Quote #3

maybe use it in conjunction with https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/ad...ommandOverride ?

But yeah I'm not sure if there's any way to cause CheckCommandAccess to disregard the flags, and always return false if the override/command doesn't exist or the player doesn't have access. Since there are 20 flags, perhaps passing 1<<20 as the default flag would accomplish this? Not sure what bits 20-31 do or if they're even used, or if what I'm saying even makes any sense.

Also, while you're at it, perhaps look into having CCC check that the "group name" specified in custom-chatcolors.cfg matches to a group in admin_groups.cfg.

Last edited by ddhoward; 06-16-2016 at 15:15.
Nanochip
Old 06-17-2016 , 04:34   Re: Custom flags using command overrides (for user groups)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Yeah, but then wouldn't I need to specify custom command overrides? Which would defeat the purpose of having custom "flags".

Quote:
But yeah I'm not sure if there's any way to cause CheckCommandAccess to disregard the flags, and always return false if the override/command doesn't exist or the player doesn't have access. Since there are 20 flags, perhaps passing 1<<20 as the default flag would accomplish this? Not sure what bits 20-31 do or if they're even used, or if what I'm saying even makes any sense.
No idea what you mean here.

Quote:
Also, while you're at it, perhaps look into having CCC check that the "group name" specified in custom-chatcolors.cfg matches to a group in admin_groups.cfg.
I'll probably just do this instead of attempting to make command overrides into flags.. FindAdmGroup should do the trick.

Last edited by Nanochip; 06-17-2016 at 04:35.