Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

No More Server Redirection ?

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2011 , 03:53   No More Server Redirection ?
Reply With Quote #1

It seems valve may have stopped listing redirect servers on their browser. I put up a few servers yesterday, and they were all listed for about 30 minutes, and then BAM, they were all gone. I know of several other servers using Xredirect, and they are no longer showing up in the browser list either.

Can anyone else confirm this ?
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-16-2011 at 03:58.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-16-2011 , 07:38   Re: No More Server Redirection ?
Reply With Quote #2

Not realy, i just checked the server browser and at least here in europe are hundreds of those BS redirect serverfarms.

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2011 , 13:25   Re: No More Server Redirection ?
Reply With Quote #3

Then I have no clue as to what might be going on, when the three servers I put up yesterday, dropped of the steam browser list, I put up 30 to see what would happen.

They were all up for about 20 minutes, and then they disappeared. I'm not using any type of filters either.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-16-2011 at 13:27.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2011 , 15:30   Re: No More Server Redirection ?
Reply With Quote #4

I have confirmed that Valve has at least done something to limit the amount of servers running Xredirect, that show up on the server list. I have 30 DoD 1.3 servers up, and as I'm posting this, none of them will show up on the server list.

I will start shutting them down one by one, to see if there is a certain number that valve will allow. This may not just be for redirect servers, it may be just for servers from the same IP address. Not sure.

[edit] Further more, once any server running either Xredirect or the Duplicate server info plugin have been started up, it seems that even when those plugins are disabled, the servers in question, do not get listed again on the server list.

I have three dedicated servers in a data center in Kansas city MO.

Here are the things I've done to troubleshoot this problem.

#1: I tried all three different servers. two dual xeons and one AMD.
#2: I tried different IP address & Ports for the servers.
#3: I tried different mods, both cs1.6 and DoD 1.3.
#4: I tried two types of redirect plugins.
#5: I tried using game monitor to see if they list the servers, they didn't.
#6: I made sure there was no firewall running on the servers, or my steam client.
#7: I have tested all of the sv_region settings.

I can see these servers listed in my favorites right now, yet they still do not show up on the internet section of the steam server list.

I am completely stumped as to why these servers will not show up.

Here are two IP address for the DoD 1.3 redirect servers, can someone here start up steam and check to see if they can see them from their end. Much appreciated.

208.94.243.66:27015 **** Left Coast Killers ****
208.94.243.66:27016 [Raider Nation] [Smoking hitreg & Good Peeps]

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-18-2011 at 17:10.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2011 , 18:05   Re: No More Server Redirection ?
Reply With Quote #5

I guess everyone's busy with the holidays

well, valve has most definitely done something to prevent the use of redirection, at least for day of defeat. I have checked everything possible that could be causing the servers to disappear from the internet list, I have read every thread here at amxx, and all of them on steam, as well as the dedicated server mailing list's. I guess you just can't use this or any other plugin for redirection, at least no here in the USA or for day of defeat.