Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage

Post New Thread Reply   

Batfoxkid
Old 07-03-2022 , 02:25   SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #1

With SourceMod 1.11 becoming stable, it adds a new feature which disallows the use of file extensions that aren't .smx which effects all older versions of FF2.

When you plan to upgrade SourceMod, make sure to update or change your FF2 version to support this. You can add code such as this example.

Dynamic Defaults, Drain Over Time, and Ability Management System is also known to now break with this update which requires changing the includes from .ff2 to .smx and recompiling plugins that support them.

With this official versions of FF2 no longer work straight as is without modifications. (And I never did a official release of Unofficial Freak Fortress.) Freak Fortress Rewrite is still early in it's life and may present some issues but I'll likely prioritize so this can be the norm for players without coding experience to make the adjustments needed to run FF2 on newer versions of SourceMod.

Last edited by Batfoxkid; 07-07-2022 at 21:12. Reason: Title update
Batfoxkid
Old 07-07-2022 , 21:19   Re: SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #2

To add to more breakage, a recent update to TF2 has broken some versions of FF2 and VSH (notably Unofficial Freak Fortress). info_player_teamspawn is no longer a networked entity and will not work with EntIndexToEntRef which some code uses, a patch would look something like this.
Old 09-01-2022 , 11:54   Re: SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfoxkid View Post
When you plan to upgrade SourceMod, make sure to update or change your FF2 version to support this. You can add code such as this example.
Was the 1.21 release of FreakFortressBat tested at all? Because the SM 11 workaround code is blatantly broken and bosses can't move after the round starts.
Batfoxkid
Old 09-01-2022 , 20:49   Re: SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakugo View Post
Was the 1.21 release of FreakFortressBat tested at all? Because the SM 11 workaround code is blatantly broken and bosses can't move after the round starts.
Pull requests that were accepted beyond 1.20 and 1.21 versions of Unofficial weren't tested by me. I'm currently only active on Freak Fortress 2: Rewrite as of right now.
Old 09-02-2022 , 15:08   Re: SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfoxkid View Post
Pull requests that were accepted beyond 1.20 and 1.21 versions of Unofficial weren't tested by me
So why merge them? It just leads to people like me wasting our time installing only to find that it doesn't work.
Batfoxkid
Old 09-02-2022 , 21:03   Re: SourceMod 1.11 & TF2 Update - FF2 Breakage
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakugo View Post
So why merge them? It just leads to people like me wasting our time installing only to find that it doesn't work.
I don't get feedback on my end and people who do the pull requests may be unaware of anything broken.