Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Mark disruptors so that players can do with them as they please
    Old 10-29-2012 , 07:18   [TF2] Event traitors
    Reply With Quote #1

An alternative approach to creating some order in the Halloween event. Instead of making players invulnerable or kicking players that kill without provocation during the boss fight, they will be marked with an outline. This allows players to quickly identify who's a threat and may kill marked players without being marked themselves, keeping the gameplay intact while giving the players a tools they need. The mark wears off over time.

Only supports the Halloween 2012 event. It should be simple to add support for the others by adding hooks for the boss spawn and disappearance.

The sm_traitors command will display a list of current player's status.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (event_traitors.sp - 751 views - 4.6 KB)

Last edited by lwf; 10-29-2012 at 17:50.
    Snaggle
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-29-2012 , 08:41   Re: [TF2] Event traitors
    Reply With Quote #2

Hahaha, wut. Good plugin idea!
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-29-2012 , 11:36   Re: [TF2] Event traitors
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lwf View Post
    An alternative approach to creating some order in the Halloween event. Instead of making players invulnerable or kicking players that kill without provocation during the boss fight, they will be marked with an outline. This allows players to quickly identify who's a threat and may kill marked players without being marked themselves, keeping the gameplay intact while giving the players a tools they need. The mark wears off over time.
    True story: I had a Scout jump in front of me while I was firing a Huntsman arrow at the boss, headshotting him and killing him instantly.

I assume I'd be marked as a traitor due to this... needless to say, I think the invuln idea works better.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-29-2012 at 11:36.
    lwf
    Old 10-29-2012 , 12:15   Re: [TF2] Event traitors
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    True story: I had a Scout jump in front of me while I was firing a Huntsman arrow at the boss, headshotting him and killing him instantly.

I assume I'd be marked as a traitor due to this... needless to say, I think the invuln idea works better.
    Yes, if that happened twice during a battle against a player with no "points" (not marked and not on their way getting there either) and without getting killed yourself or killing any marked players. But it would have worn off after the boss is gone. Any more than that and it could still be active during the next round. It's quite lenient by default. If you are only looking to farm or force cooperation then making all players invulnerable is more up your alley but then there's no challenge. A goal with this plugin is not to directly change the gameplay.

The weights are hardcoded but can be easily be changed as they're all defines. Note that a player needs to be over the threshold to be marked and under it to lose it, not equal.

Last edited by lwf; 10-29-2012 at 12:44.