Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

SauceHelmet07
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:17   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #91

Should note I also tried it without adsql_interval set, no dice.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:34   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #92

grr i hate to say it but, I am not having a problem getting ads to show.

Instead, on the first map after a server start, I have 2 separate ad display timers running, 10 seconds apart, both at the 30 second interval I set adsql_interval to.

After the first map, everything works right - 1 ad display timer, at the adsql_interval defined interval.

So I'll need to use the booleans around hooking the convar interval change too, apparently. That is for the problem I am seeing.

Not sure why you're not seeing any ads. they are say ads so they should be appearing in the chat area of the screen. Unless you have filters set up in your game settings to block them.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:39   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #93

PS: if you set adsql_debug to 1, you can verify that the plugin is showing the ads by watching the server console, it will actually show on the server console screen each time an ad fires, and which ad. Even if nobody is on the server.

Also, watch the server console and do a map change. 10 seconds after the map change is complete you should see the plugin retrieve your ads from the database. If you do, and you also see at the adsql_interval that the server IS doing the ad (like I said you have to have debug turned on to see that), but you don't see them in the game, it is probably nothing on the server end that is to blame for you not seeing them.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:46   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #94

hmmm or unless the ads display timer that in process of being set up got killed when it read the adsql_interval from sourcemod.cfg.

(i just tested trying to filter the chat area ads out, so far couldn't find a checkbox that would).

so the question will be what you see in the server console.

also if you would, please note whether this is happening to you on a fresh server start (first map after starting server), after the map changes, or both.

Thanks
SauceHelmet07
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:47   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #95

I put this in my sourcemod.cfg:

//AdsQL
adsql_interval 30
adsql_debug 1

Changed the map and let a round go by, nothing printed to the server console (or showed in-game).

I am supposed to put those in the sourcemod.cfg right? If you don't have any more tricks up your sleeve I guess I'll just outline everything I did during the install as well as any associated details that would be needed. Maybe it's just some small mistake I made.

Edit: this is happening after map changes, not a restart. I did 1 restart when I initially installed the plugin but was having that database error.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 08:59   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #96

i tested setting the interval in sourcemod.cfg.

You'll probably want to set adsql_debug 1 in the main server.cfg, just so it gets set earlier. You don't have to have debug on to see which ads the plugin loaded from the database, it always shows that -- but with debug enabled, you should see those ads "fire" in the server console as well.

sounds like it isn't finding any ads, but without the full set of console messages you are seeing from time you start it up, i'm just guessing
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 09:05   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #97

you should see messages like this on a map start (this is with debug enabled but before ads start displaying - lines 2-4 are debug log messages, the rest would show without adsql_debug enabled):

Code:
L 03/06/2011 - 08:51:02: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - Using Server ID '27020' for ads search
L 03/06/2011 - 08:51:02: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: We do not already have an Ad Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 08:51:02: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: Created a New Ad Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 08:51:02: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds finishing, resetting bAdsBeingSetupAlready
[AdsQL] 8 rows found
[AdsQL] Ad 0 found in database: S, {GREEN}(Valve Bug) {LIGHTGREEN}Spawning in the ground? {GREEN}Press your {LIGHTGREEN}crouch {GREEN}key briefly to fix it, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 1 found in database: S, {GREEN}Add this server to your favorites!, none, tf,cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 2 found in database: S, {LIGHTGREEN}votekick {GREEN}and {LIGHTGREEN}voteban {GREEN}are available.  All use is logged., none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 3 found in database: H, Join Us!  http://forums.pwng.net, none, All [serverids: ]
[AdsQL] Ad 4 found in database: S, TEST AD FOR 27020, none, cstrike [serverids: 27020]
[AdsQL] Ad 5 found in database: S, {GREEN}Join our forums and have a say in our community! {LIGHTGREEN}http://forums.pwng.net, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 6 found in database: S, {GREEN}Check your HLStatsX player stats at {DEFAULT}http://stats.pwng.net, none, cstrike,tf [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 7 found in database: S, {GREEN}HLStatsX console spam is now disabled by default. Say {LIGHTGREEN}hlx {GREEN}to access your settings and in-game stats, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
those are the ads found in the database for this (test) server.

Also, when the ads start to display, as each one fires it will show in the console (if adsql_debug is enabled), like:

Code:
[Ads-QL] Ad 0/8: S, {GREEN}(Valve Bug) {LIGHTGREEN}Spawning in the ground? {GREEN}Press your {LIGHTGREEN}crouch {GREEN}key briefly to fix it, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 1/8: S, {GREEN}Add this server to your favorites!, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 2/8: S, {LIGHTGREEN}votekick {GREEN}and {LIGHTGREEN}voteban {GREEN}are available.  All use is logged., none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 3/8: H, Join Us!  http://forums.pwng.net, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 4/8: S, TEST AD FOR 27020, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 5/8: S, {GREEN}Join our forums and have a say in our community! {LIGHTGREEN}http://forums.pwng.net, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 6/8: S, {GREEN}Check your HLStatsX player stats at {DEFAULT}http://stats.pwng.net, none, cstrike
[Ads-QL] Ad 7/8: S, {GREEN}HLStatsX console spam is now disabled by default. Say {LIGHTGREEN}hlx {GREEN}to access your settings and in-game stats, none, cstrike

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 03-06-2011 at 09:08.
SauceHelmet07
Old 03-06-2011 , 09:14   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #98

Restarting the server did the trick... guess I should have done that after the database error was fixed... sorry! Thanks for all your help though, really appreciate it!

Last edited by SauceHelmet07; 03-06-2011 at 09:21.
SauceHelmet07
Old 03-06-2011 , 09:53   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #99

Another problem, while the ads show in-game now and all seems well, if I say, edit an ad or add one, then issue sm_reloadads in-game, it comes up saying:

[AdsQL] Reloaded Ads

but then the ads don't show after that, they don't show on map change after that either, the only time they WILL show, is after a server restart. They do, however, show in the server console, just not in-game. Not sure why this is... any ideas?

edit:

Now it's just printing:

[Ads-QL] Ad 95/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 96/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 97/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 98/1: , , ,

so I try sm_reloadads again:

In my in-game console:
] sm_reloadads
[AdsQL] Reloaded Ads
[AdsQL] 1 rows found
[AdsQL] Ad 0 found in database: S, {GREEN}Welcome to the Bob Maps Server!, none, cstrike [serverids:bob]

In the server console:
L 03/06/2011 - 08:535: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - Using Server ID 'bob' for ads search
L 03/06/2011 - 08:535: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: We seem to already have an Ads Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 08:535: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds: Replaced existing Ad Display Timer
L 03/06/2011 - 08:535: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - SetupAds finishing, resetting bAdsBeingSetupAlready
[Ads-QL] Ad 112/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 113/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 114/1: , , ,
[Ads-QL] Ad 115/1: , , ,
and so on...

Edit 2: Changed the map and the console is now printing the correct advert. It seems to only mess up if i do sm_reloadads

Edit 3: After that map change, I went into the cpanel and added 1 more ad, then went back in-game and issued sm_reloadads and it worked flawlessly. No idea what caused it to start printing , , , etc... but it seems fine now :S

Last edited by SauceHelmet07; 03-06-2011 at 10:08.
PharaohsPaw
Old 03-06-2011 , 10:03   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.5 - Last Updated 2011-03-04
Reply With Quote #100

wow, I specifically tested that scenario a bunch of times due to the L4D* problems and also on counterstrike source.

I'll look into it. I'm adding some more debug-level log messages to try to track the other problem.

Would you mind enabling adsql_debug and trying to do those things? You should end up with some log messages that have [AdsQL] at the beginning of the message in your sourcemod logs, I already have quite a bit of debug messages around the timer calls and setting up reloading of ads. The info will probably help.

thanks