Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2014 , 03:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked123 View Post
This plugin works just fine in L4D2.

thanks TS
Thanks for the info.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
g Void
Old 01-15-2014 , 13:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1643

Hello. Where could I find the latest version of this nice plugin (1.8.2013 Plugin v1.4B121) ?
I downloaded files from first page but most mysql commands are deprecated (guessing it's the one of the first versions).
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2014 , 03:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by g Void View Post
Hello. Where could I find the latest version of this nice plugin (1.8.2013 Plugin v1.4B121) ?
I downloaded files from first page but most mysql commands are deprecated (guessing it's the one of the first versions).
Hi there! What MySQL commands do you mean? The SQL script is outdated maybe, but if you use the install.php, you should be fine. I'll try to make the SQL script up-to-date asap.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Ellie
Old 01-16-2014 , 04:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
You want to show the not enough human players message less frequently? I don't think (remember) there is a time you can set, how often it shows? You can only set the value (number of human players) when the stats plugin is enabled and when not. There is also the mute setting? I'm sorry if none of that helps, but I don't remember other methods to help you out right now.

You're the first to post something like this here. Maybe Valve has changed something and the plugin is broken in L4D2, but I'd wait for others to report the same issue also, before I'd go fix things. Can you post any errors in log and/or list of plugins you are running?
Don't sweat it. I know you probably haven't worked on his plugin extensively in a while. Not to mention that the plugin has a ton of code (the is the "largest" plugin we use on our servers). The timer I'm referring to is one that is in the code that controls how frequently that disabled message appears, such as "CreateTimer(60.0, ect....");".

I figured out the issue we had with L4D2. It's very similar to what was posted on this post. Basically, if a server has this plugin running and it can't connect to the database, the server will crash with no errors at all, not even in the logs. You should mention this on the first post to save people looking for errors that won't be logged. Initially I thought maybe it was a conflict with another plugin. So I tried testing this with just the core SM plugins and nothing else installed plugin wise. Still crashes. So then I checked ALL the settings dealing with this plugin, and in our case it turned out the IP needed for remote database access was now different from the game server IP. It was not like this before when the plugin was previously working, since we used to have the same IP as the server as an access host for the database, which had to be removed as an access host even though the server IP did not change. I dunno wtf our GSP did that for. But once I found the alternate IP (which at first glance doesn't even look like an IP) I added it as an access host for the database and the servers can now start the maps.
g Void
Old 01-16-2014 , 10:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1646

Quote:
Hi there! What MySQL commands do you mean? The SQL script is outdated maybe, but if you use the install.php, you should be fine. I'll try to make the SQL script up-to-date asap.
The commands such mysql_query, mysql_fetch_array and such are giving a warning (saying it won't be supported for long). It's no biggie, it is easy to change to, say mysqli_query, mysql_fetch_assoc etc. But it still gives off some inconsistencies. I just thought there was a up to date version of this already done.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2014 , 05:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Don't sweat it. I know you probably haven't worked on his plugin extensively in a while. Not to mention that the plugin has a ton of code (the is the "largest" plugin we use on our servers). The timer I'm referring to is one that is in the code that controls how frequently that disabled message appears, such as "CreateTimer(60.0, ect....");".
Yes, I have not done anything for the plugin since the last plugin update. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't get interested in developing the plugin, once I have an idea of what to develop. There is a timer that does the plugin disabled message. It probably has a hardcoded time value. Changing that value and compiling the plugin you can change the frequency. If it's not a configurable value, I probably should set it as one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I figured out the issue we had with L4D2. It's very similar to what was posted on this post. Basically, if a server has this plugin running and it can't connect to the database, the server will crash with no errors at all, not even in the logs. You should mention this on the first post to save people looking for errors that won't be logged. Initially I thought maybe it was a conflict with another plugin. So I tried testing this with just the core SM plugins and nothing else installed plugin wise. Still crashes. So then I checked ALL the settings dealing with this plugin, and in our case it turned out the IP needed for remote database access was now different from the game server IP. It was not like this before when the plugin was previously working, since we used to have the same IP as the server as an access host for the database, which had to be removed as an access host even though the server IP did not change. I dunno wtf our GSP did that for. But once I found the alternate IP (which at first glance doesn't even look like an IP) I added it as an access host for the database and the servers can now start the maps.
I'll try to simulate the issue of not being able to connect the db and see if there is something I can do to make it easily solvable by the plugin users. Thanks for opening your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g Void View Post
The commands such mysql_query, mysql_fetch_array and such are giving a warning (saying it won't be supported for long). It's no biggie, it is easy to change to, say mysqli_query, mysql_fetch_assoc etc. But it still gives off some inconsistencies. I just thought there was a up to date version of this already done.
The web site is not in the best shape. I do not have much experience in PHP, so it is likely to have problems. However, if you feel you can contribute to make things better and have the knowledge, please head over to GitHub (link at first post) and start there. The webstats have gone some further at Git, but the layout is unpolished. If someone with a little will and skills from web design could help me out a bit... I would be very happy!

g Void
Old 01-17-2014 , 05:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1648

Quote:
The web site is not in the best shape. I do not have much experience in PHP, so it is likely to have problems. However, if you feel you can contribute to make things better and have the knowledge, please head over to GitHub (link at first post) and start there. The webstats have gone some further at Git, but the layout is unpolished. If someone with a little will and skills from web design could help me out a bit... I would be very happy!
OK, I will see what I can do with the web page the next week!
Ellie
Old 01-20-2014 , 05:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1649

Quote:
Yes, I have not done anything for the plugin since the last plugin update. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't get interested in developing the plugin, once I have an idea of what to develop. There is a timer that does the plugin disabled message. It probably has a hardcoded time value. Changing that value and compiling the plugin you can change the frequency. If it's not a configurable value, I probably should set it as one.
Yeah that would be every useful. Just in case anyone else wants to know, it's the timer with 60 seconds.

Quote:
I'll try to simulate the issue of not being able to connect the db and see if there is something I can do to make it easily solvable by the plugin users. Thanks for opening your case.
No prob. We we trying to figure this out for days trying to hunt down the cause. But we now know that's definitely it. Everything else works as it should. The only other bug some people mentioned is that if the game mode is changed mid game from coop to VS or vice versa, it shows the print messages from the opposite game mode. Staring a new campaign fixes it though.

Either way thanks for the plugin. Everyone likes it very much

Last edited by Ellie; 01-20-2014 at 05:54.
Fora
Old 01-27-2014 , 03:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1650

Russian Language for the GitHub version, download language.ru.php
Is ther "Quick installation guide" for the GitHub version?

Last edited by Fora; 01-29-2014 at 15:53.