Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Editing adminchat.amxx so non-admins cannot send messages to admins

Post New Thread Reply   

BRIGADIER
Old 05-20-2012 , 19:23   Editing adminchat.amxx so non-admins cannot send messages to admins
Reply With Quote #1

I've searched on here for hours, and can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I'm not sure if it's possible or not. I'm looking to edit adminchat so that only admins (those in users.ini) can privately chat. The fixes I've found so far, commenting out line 57 (disables it for admins too), or changing the 0 to ADMIN_CHAT do not work and the one I found that involves an edit around line 183 to check if user is an admin, which does work but the player's message doesn't show up at all. I would like it to show up as "(team chat) player: @ message" like it would if they tried to do a tsay with y@ to show them that it doesn't work.

I need a way to edit this so only admins can use u@ and players cannot, either by telling them they have no permission to use that command, or showing their message with an @ in front of it in their team chat. Thanks in advance!
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2012 , 02:12   Re: Editing adminchat.amxx so non-admins cannot send messages to admins
Reply With Quote #2

If you want this because of players spamming and make admins (and themselves) being overflowed, just declare antiflood.amxx plugin ABOVE adminchat.amxx in plugins.ini

- my plugins -
BRIGADIER
Old 05-21-2012 , 23:58   Re: Editing adminchat.amxx so non-admins cannot send messages to admins
Reply With Quote #3

I'm not really worried about the spam end of it, as nobody really spams it.. but I'm tired of players using it to try to "chat" with admins.. I currently fixed it so their message doesn't go through, but it doesn't show up at all so they don't know it's not allowed where if it just came up as a regular team chat message, or notified them that it was not allowed they wouldn't do it anymore.
Old 12-15-2012 , 17:21   Re: Editing adminchat.amxx so non-admins cannot send messages to admins
Reply With Quote #4

hi.,,

make

std_admin_color_chat.amxx

then adminvote.amxx

in plugins.ini
Old 12-25-2012, 03:34
juanbielecki
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: spambot