Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)

Post New Thread Reply   

nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2017 , 04:28   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabenNewell View Post
Update v.1.7.0 released in preparation for animation fix.
  • This update converts v1.6.0 to the SourcePawn Transitional Syntax making use of the Transitional API introduced in Sourcemod 1.7.
  • No other major changes.

This needs bug testing to make sure it works exactly like v1.6.0 did, however, I no longer have an active server to test it on. Please post any new errors.
I've included both v1.7.0 and v1.6.0 zip files on the first page for testing.
Bravo !!! testing it now

UpdatE:
- Animation still not work,
- Chicken can pick guns )
- no error logs

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 07-12-2017 at 04:54.
GabenNewell
Old 07-12-2017 , 05:36   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
- Chicken can pick guns )
WTF? This is even when using "cluck" mode or because you used sm_chicken command?
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2017 , 09:37   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
WTF? This is even when using "cluck" mode or because you used sm_chicken command?
yes ! not use the command happen on even (cluck mode) and the chicken still have gun. Too OP =))
Old 07-12-2017 , 14:28   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
yes ! not use the command happen on even (cluck mode) and the chicken still have gun. Too OP =))
Ok, I was able to replicate the problem with bots. I still have no idea why the chicken can use guns.
I'll remove v1.7.0 since it's broken so just stick with v1.6.0 for now until I figure this out.

If you want to test the animation fix I'm working on, I attached v1.7.2 to this post. Chicken still has guns, but it should be able to move around with animations now.
Attached Files
File Type: smx clutchorcluck.smx (21.1 KB, 59 views)
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2017 , 23:26   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Ok, I was able to replicate the problem with bots. I still have no idea why the chicken can use guns.
I'll remove v1.7.0 since it's broken so just stick with v1.6.0 for now until I figure this out.

If you want to test the animation fix I'm working on, I attached v1.7.2 to this post. Chicken still has guns, but it should be able to move around with animations now.
Good news waiting for guns fix
btw I suggest to remove the radar on the cluck mode too

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 07-12-2017 at 23:26.
GabenNewell
Old 07-13-2017 , 04:18   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Good news waiting for guns fix
btw I suggest to remove the radar on the cluck mode too
So apparently I tested it wrong. The gun pickup is "hooked" when the client joins the server via the OnClientPutInServer method. I loaded v1.7.0 when I was already inside the server so it never hooked onto my "join event".

I believe you tested the same way by loading the plugin when you were already inside the server. To fix this, you simply need to change the map or restart the server after loading a new/updated plugin for the "hooks" to take effect on all players.

Can you confirm if v1.7.2 works just fine after map change or restarting?
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2017 , 06:29   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #57

Gonna try I'll tell you later

Update: Work

now can you do some suggestion?
- disable radar on cluck even
- chicken can throw eggs and dash ( like the chicken strike plugin )
- replace hostage model ( like the chicken strike plugin )

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 07-13-2017 at 06:52.
GabenNewell
Old 07-13-2017 , 08:22   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #58

I'll see what I can do. Disabling the radar will probably be the priority for a ninja chicken.

But first I'll need to clean up the code to make sure it works with CS:Source for the v1.8.0 official release... or I might just drop support for CS:Source entirely since nobody seems to care about chickens in that game. xP

Also, I have a feeling the animation code will end up using too much server memory or cause errors after multiple map changes. Maybe you can test this for me...
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2017 , 23:53   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
I'll see what I can do. Disabling the radar will probably be the priority for a ninja chicken.

But first I'll need to clean up the code to make sure it works with CS:Source for the v1.8.0 official release... or I might just drop support for CS:Source entirely since nobody seems to care about chickens in that game. xP

Also, I have a feeling the animation code will end up using too much server memory or cause errors after multiple map changes. Maybe you can test this for me...
I will notice on the errors, but untill now , no one report me about crash or lag
Old 11-02-2017 , 00:10   Re: [CS:GO/CS:S] Clutch Or Cluck (v1.7.0 - July 11, 2017)
Reply With Quote #60

BUG:
- sometime players get invisible ... need an update
- can't change Cluck model

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 11-02-2017 at 05:34.