Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Natural Selection Hero Port...

Post New Thread Reply   

yang
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2005 , 03:31   Natural Selection Hero Port...
Reply With Quote #1

Updates:

Based on the suggestions I have made the following changes:

1, i have implented a random 1 bite kill for the skulk.
2, i have removed the alien vision to make it look exactly like NS
3, I have imported the hive model into the spawn point
4, removed the devour crap cuz it never worked that well anyway

Question:

1, Should I make it so you have to touch the hive in order to gain health?

2, How would the teleport work when ur low on health? (always teleport to spawn when you go below 25 health or just once per round or a cool down?)

3, if I didn't have the hive, how would it check I was at spawn point?
(using get_user_buyzone(id) ??? )

HELP

Also how would i make an entity check at beginning of round that if another teammate already spawned a hive then you don't spawn one. Right now i spawn like one for each person lol, it would be alot on a heavy server lol. How would I make it so it only spawn 1 for the entire team? not for each single person. lol This is my first attempt to work with entity coding. I was thinking when u go close to the hive and press teh use button you will start regen your life real fast ;P... what u think? someone can help me with the entity check at the beginning of round?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natural Selection Hero Port sort of...

Here's the fixed animation of natural selection skulk hero and its ability for CS i'm currently working on (buggy) as you can see on the picture. Currently i'm working on:

Model (done, 100% flawless using milkshape3D to reconstruct animations and bone joints into CS)
Eating Person (done 100% flawless)
Digestive Period (90% done but buggy when there's buncha players. I somehow save the victim data wrong lol)
Respawn( Buggy LIKE HELL lol 100% finished but buggy like hell) << someone might need to help me with the damn respawn not spawning ppl into spectator mode and kill ppl

Basically, when you eat someone during the period of digestion if you die, the person spawns on top of you.
I knwo halflife have issues wiht user_spawn(id) etc... so i might wanna remake this hero to something else.

Suggestions? ><
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ns2.jpg (211.8 KB, 309 views)
Old 07-19-2005 , 03:58   Re: Natural Selection Hero Port...
Reply With Quote #2

it kinda looks like ur running fast and the sides are stretchy.. but u should make it almost exactly like natural selection with that but for cs.. (probably waht ur doing)

Free sigs for anyone. i can change the name to any of them PM me if u would like any of them
[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
Send a message via AIM to whiteboikyle Send a message via MSN to whiteboikyle Send a message via Yahoo to whiteboikyle
yang
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2005 , 04:15  
Reply With Quote #3

i just used alien's stretchy vision, otherwise it looks exactly like NS. Would ppl prefer the normal NS one where it bites down or this stretchy vision looking? i dunno, i need suggestions eheh

however, you are missing my main points. Thats what else could i do with this instead of what i'm working on right now. Cuz the user_spawn is buggy like i said.
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-19-2005 , 06:05  
Reply With Quote #4

Skulks don't have Devour as a power, that's an Onos. I'm not sure what your trying to do with the respawn. Though, NS is like a DM where you keep respawning until a team wins. I'd rather use the power Redemption, where if your health gets low it teleports you to spawn so you can heal at the hive (You could make it so the user can heal at spawn). As far as spawning the person ontop of you when you die during a digestion, what are you doing to the person being digested. Cause you could just teleport them to a coord where the user dies (use a stuck check though incase hes in a wall)... I think id perfer the model without the screen stretch to make it more NS like.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Mega
Old 07-19-2005 , 08:30  
Reply With Quote #5

Add leap skill or something or xenocide, and vittu is right skulks don't devour, that's the big onos ;)
But good idea:p
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2005 , 08:46  
Reply With Quote #6

You should add something like scarlet spider the this hero, since you in NS can crawl on the walls.
Old 07-19-2005 , 08:50  
Reply With Quote #7

yeah, also try adding 1bite kill, since skulk can upgrade with focus or sence of fear where you can see ur enemy true walls
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-19-2005 , 11:56  
Reply With Quote #8

rockell, i got some ideas and some bugs i found

idea1 - cannot be eaten by other skulks, may solve bug1
idea2 - stop moving for "cvar" seconds, and a person will be digested, not so sure if i like this one ne more :/

bug1 - when 2 skulks (different teams) run up to eachother and knife eachother at same time, they both die from eating eachother; im not sure if bug2 kicks in also
bug2 - spectator respawn...
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
Mega
Old 07-19-2005 , 12:34  
Reply With Quote #9

Emp` 1. a skulk can't devour.
ow and if you gonna add the devour, then make it like in NS, you see the inside of onos.
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-19-2005 , 13:28  
Reply With Quote #10

prime, im just going by what i have already tested, giving rockell some suggestions
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`