Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2011 , 18:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #511

The most likely reason why this version of CSM causes the long lasting hordes is the work around used to keep Bill working properly.

In earlier versions when Bill was first ported to L4D2. He was crashing hordes.

He still crashes some servers but there are other servers I've seen using some version of him that seems flawless.

- Working arms (no flashes)
- No long hordes
- All vocals
- No crash on map change
bazrael
Old 10-08-2011 , 20:45   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The most likely reason why this version of CSM causes the long lasting hordes is the work around used to keep Bill working properly.
Have you played any community campaigns that could confirm this problem? Does this only happen when players act Bill or merely using this plugin will cause the long lasting hordes?
xioSlayer
Old 10-10-2011 , 08:45   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
Have you played any community campaigns that could confirm this problem? Does this only happen when players act Bill or merely using this plugin will cause the long lasting hordes?

Turns out this plugin was causing lag for me. I disabled it and realized the game is only supposed to have half as many zombies at least lol.

Definitely broken, I guess the people with the flawless versions won't post them here.
bazrael
Old 10-13-2011 , 04:56   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
Turns out this plugin was causing lag for me. I disabled it and realized the game is only supposed to have half as many zombies at least lol.

Definitely broken, I guess the people with the flawless versions won't post them here.
I still wish someday there were a new version here. It's pity that this plugin didn't keep updating. I really love it...
chatyak
Old 10-22-2011 , 19:10   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #515

I'm confused with all these character plugins. I thought this plugin would allow me to select to be L4D1 survivors in L4D2.

I just tested this on my server on the parish level, and all I can choose is the L4D2 characters Sigh. I typed in !csm and it only lists the 4 L4D2 folks.

**Edit - Nevermind. I dind't see the cfg file - also - Bill crashes the server and I only see zoey and francis as an option (not louis).

Thanks!

Last edited by chatyak; 10-22-2011 at 19:46.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-22-2011 , 22:25   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #516

I have my own private plugin, I removed bill because of the crashes and other bugs. Other then that everything's working correctly. All characters voices working on both L4D1-L4D2 campaign.
trollhater
Old 10-23-2011 , 00:49   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #517

Here is my latest csm creation for COOP ONLY:

1. L4D1 survivors in L4D2. Mounting points for weapons are different for all characters = when you switch from any survivors to a L4D1 character model in an L4D2 map, YOU HAVE TO DROP YOUR MAIN WEAPON and then just pick another up or the weapon will stick out your head, arse, boobies, etc.

2. I have coded in a reminder in the plugin itself, but alas no one reads anything a server tells them to do lol (Type !csm in chat to change your character. If you change to a L4D1 character, drop & then pick back up your main weapon so the model will not glitch.)

3. Bill is available in most L4D1 campaigns as Nick/Bill, the #1 option in the menu. This is for MOST L4D1 campaigns.

4. Bill is available as a model only on the second page of this character select menu in ALL maps - he will have Ellis' or Rochelle's voice - have fun with that, I do.

5. Change the config (l4dcsm.cfg) and I have no idea how it works, what it does, and don't really care

6. The attached file csm.zip, is a really old version of csm I found recently. Maybe this will help one of you other folks out there working on this.

7. The file all_csm.zip is every other csm file I possess. It contains l4dcsm_c.smx, which I spent 6 hours on. It is the L4D2 version of the above csm.zip that I thought was the holy grail - NOT - check it out though, I had a good feeling about it. These files might help someone too.

Last edited by trollhater; 08-30-2012 at 09:40.
xioSlayer
Old 10-23-2011 , 10:46   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
I have my own private plugin, I removed bill because of the crashes and other bugs. Other then that everything's working correctly. All characters voices working on both L4D1-L4D2 campaign.
Did you only remove access to bill? Or you removed all the unnecessary code associated with him as well? Such as the bit of code that messes with the hordes and has the side effect of increasing the overall zombie count...
trollhater
Old 10-23-2011 , 13:15   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #519

No. No. I love more zombies...

Last edited by trollhater; 10-23-2011 at 13:16.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-23-2011 , 13:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
Did you only remove access to bill? Or you removed all the unnecessary code associated with him as well? Such as the bit of code that messes with the hordes and has the side effect of increasing the overall zombie count...
I removed bill which will never cause the bug of the hordes bug, After removing Bill I didn't experience any problem with CSM, everything works afterwards.